Flash Mob

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Flash Mob

Postby AllPurposeNerd » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:23 am

Best.

Idea.

Ever.
Takeoff every Sig. You know what you do.
AllPurposeNerd

Re: Flash Mob

Postby halftea » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:56 pm

Another lurker here. Just adding some speculation that maybe this tactic is also something TV can do with their goyles and skanks. After all, they also posses natural conjuration abilities.

edits: I just doubled checked the wiki, and Summer updates, so unless I'm mising something, the schools of their natural casting abilities aren't covered.
halftea

Postby gameboy1234 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:35 pm

Yes, the flash mob makes a cute and colorful wallpaper background for my comp. Thanks Xi!
"Do it?" Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome?

I did it thirty-five minutes ago.

gameboy1234
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Ytaker » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:40 pm

It'd make a great front if book 2 is ever made into an actual book. Sex sells.
Ytaker
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Ephir » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:59 pm

I wouldn't mind being on the front side of that flash mob either ....

BTW, apparenlty 5 persons are the minimum requirement for a "mob"?
Ephir

Postby Rocheforte » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:11 am

Perhaps the size of the mob needed is scaled to the number of opposing units you're trying to affect. Although it that's the case, five seems might actually be a maximum, since that's a large number with some serious leadership, which would reasonably be expected to counteract any kind of stun effect.
Rocheforte

Postby the_tick_rules » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:52 pm

I wonder if the flash mob is a legitimate spell or effect or is it just simply the natural distraction power of bewbies? It's established names suggests it might have a legitimate spell like effect.
I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
the_tick_rules

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:58 pm

the_tick_rules wrote:I wonder if the flash mob is a legitimate spell or effect or is it just simply the natural distraction power of bewbies? It's established names suggests it might have a legitimate spell like effect.

This was discussed extensively in the Page 6 and Page 7 threads.
In Page 7, it appears as if 'flashes' are going off near the Flash Mob, which makes it likely that this is a spell-like effect.
MarbitChow

Postby Dancing Cthulhu » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:24 pm

the_tick_rules wrote:I wonder if the flash mob is a legitimate spell or effect or is it just simply the natural distraction power of bewbies? It's established names suggests it might have a legitimate spell like effect.

Yeah, like MarbitChow said it has been discussed - for my mind it is a group magic effect. At least four, it seems, of a flash mob capable unit with a material component in the form of those units exposing themselves to varying degrees.
And so my time with the Tardy Elves draws to a close, and I am let to ponder how the experience will... eh, I'll finish later. No need to rush.
Dancing Cthulhu

Return to Everything Else Erfworld