Reactions to "Breaking Limits"

Words in a line. All fanfic goes here, Erfworld or otherwise.

Re: Reactions to "Breaking Limits"

Postby Sinrus » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:47 pm

Yep, Post-Apocawypse is the only story that I've ever had a title for when I come up with it.
Sinrus

Postby Silverhorn » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:57 pm

I decided to write up a little back of a background.

Geography:
---The story takes place on a large island surrounded by several small islands. The main island currently has 30 cities on it. The over 2 dozen surrounding islands are much smaller with an average of one city site on each of them. The archpeligo is well over 30 days away from the mainland by the fastest transport ship.
--- The northern portion is dominated by hills and forest hexs. There is also a signficant mountain chain.
--- The southern portion is dominated by savanah. There are also singficant portions of desert and jungle.

History:
--- Numerous ruins attest to an earlier tribes that are now long present on the archpeligo. While it appears that there may have been as many as 7 different tribes on the island at one time, most of the ruins are credited to the Atlantean tribe. The Atlantean tribe is legendary, but vanished tribe that is credited with creating some of the greatest artifacts of Erfworld.
--- The oldest surviving tribe on the archpeligo is the Southron tribe. Southron historians claim that the Atlantean's invited Prince Alhambra and his artisians to take up settlement in a barren section of one of the deserts. In return to for territory, the Atlantean demanded a reasonable tribute and mutual protection agreements. Because the Southron's artisan special ablity the city named "Last Home" (and still in existance) was able to trive in the poor terrain. When the Atlantean civilization collapsed the Southron tribe expanded from this small foothold.
--- The Norst Tribe is a relatively recent arrival. They started as group of barbarian units that were able to to seize a city in the northern part of the archipelgo from one of the non-Southron tribes. The tribe proved to be well suited to their environment and were able to expand quickly throughout the archipelgo. The Norst claim they are descended from a destroyed side and point to fact that they have Royals to support their claim.
--- Until King Ramner and Sultana Tiafa, the had been no signficant Norst side - Southron side alliance. More often then not they warred. The two formed a secrete alliance shortly after King Ramner started his new side. With her financial aid and skillful manipulation of Southron sides to attack King Ramner's Norst rivals, King Ramner was able to become the dominant Norst ruler. The two then revealed their alliance and began to attack Southron sides. The two were able to run over the exhausted Southron side and unit the island under their alliance. It is rumored that the two are lovers, and it is known that the two had a special palace popped on their border to official meetings. To have such an extravagent site created outside a city denotes a desire for a long and strong alliance.

Religion:
--- The archipelgo is dominated by Royalism. Prior King Ramner and Sultana Tiafa's rise to power their were several secular sides and even a Toolism side on the archipelgo. Because of their success they are currently two of the most influential Royalism sides. They will often provide gifts of smuckers to Royalism sides on the mainland.

Economy:
--- The Southern half of the archipelgo relies mostly on farms for smucker production. Ranches & artistic works are also a signficant porportion.
--- The Northern half of the archipelgo is rich with gem viens. Thanks to volcanic activity the gems are renewed at much faster rate than most regions. Fishing also provides a signficant portion of smucker production. Hunting is also used to replenish food stores, but is mostly employed to help level units.
--- King Ramner and Sultana Tiafa occassionally launch join trading/raiding expeditions on the mainland. The Norst tend to capture lots of animal units that can be sold to sides interested in such units. The Southron have large numbers of casters who create magic items that can be sold also. Once the trading is completed, the expedition will often seek out a soft target to plunder.

Tribes:
---Norst:
---------Pros: Double hits and strength of average man unit. Above average ability at forging and taming animals
---------Cons: Double poping cost. Above average upkeep costs. Low caster pop rate.
---Southron:
---------Pros: All non-caster units will pop with some minor (but highly useful) random special ability. High caster pop rate.
---------Cons: Below average hits.
Silverhorn

Postby Silverhorn » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:18 pm

Posted a new one. I will probably get the next one done soon. I have been busy with other things so the pace has been kind of slow.
Silverhorn

Postby Sinrus » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:24 pm

Okay, so, I don't think you meant to say that the emptiness was "distributing". i think you meant "disturbing".
Sinrus

Previous

Return to Fiction, Poetry and Essays