Arthur Chu and the Quest for Trebek's Gold

Passive screen-based entertainment.

Arthur Chu and the Quest for Trebek's Gold

Postby Joe Falco » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:15 am

I usually watch Jeopardy every chance I get as I'm a big fan of the game show. When Arthur Chu went on to be a contestant, it was fun to watch him play, both as an Erfworld fan and Jeopardy fan. I've been wondering who else besides me and Rob have been watching the show and keeping track of Arthur's success?
Joe Falco

Re: Arthur Chu and the Quest for Trebek's Gold

Postby GKBeetle » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:18 am

I'm loving watching him, and it's reminded me of why I used to love watching the game. I haven't watched every episode, as I'm usually not home when it is on, but have caught all the ones that I could. Also, it's awesome that an erfworld lover is becoming famous for playing the game like Parson would. Gotta love it.
GKBeetle
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby yuffiek » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:04 am

Indeed, his win streak is up to 10 days now,
Spoiler: show
over $200k

which is impressive enough that he'll likely be back for those Tournament of Champions runs.
yuffiek

Postby GKBeetle » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:17 am

Alas, Arthur's reign is over. He won 11 in a row, which is a great run. Unfortunately, he just wasn't on his game tonight. Missed on two daily doubles, and also missed the final jeopardy question. Ended up with zero points. Just wasn't his night. Anyway, congratulations on a great run, Arthur. You made us proud.
GKBeetle

Postby pendell » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:38 am

He certainly did! Bravo Zulu, Arthur. And pay no attention to the traditionalists who are upset with the fact that, like Parson, you play to win and exploit the rules for maximum benefit. That's what you're supposed to do when you're playing for money. If I was playing for my future mortgage I'd do the same thing.

Respectfully,

Brian P.
pendell

Postby davesnothere » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:57 pm

I'm a Jeopardy fan too. I watched Arthur most days I could. He made a good run, better that most in recent history.
He brought a different style to play than typical, searching for the Daily Doubles, and mining the bottom of the board first.
In one game he had cleared out all the high scoring answers, and the remaining ones value was insufficient to catch him.
He did go down in flames on that last day. And ironically, it was a woman from Ann Arbor that won.

Dave.
davesnothere
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Return to Movies and Television