Duke Forecastle, Part 1

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Lord Forecastle, Part 1

Postby wih » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:22 am

Godzfirefly wrote:
Ashendant wrote:From Facebook!

Erfworld That's correct. A ship and its crew pop together and can be split up. A ship can also be built separately and manned by seafarer units.

Good to know that ships(and probably other vehicles too) can be both popped or constructed.

Didn't we already know that? :?

Maybe from something to do with Haggar? They had ships (which also told us that ships have levels) - http://www.erfworld.com/book-2-archive/ ... -03-19.png
wih

Postby Ashendant » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:47 am

Godzfirefly wrote:
Ashendant wrote:From Facebook!

Erfworld That's correct. A ship and its crew pop together and can be split up. A ship can also be built separately and manned by seafarer units.

Good to know that ships(and probably other vehicles too) can be both popped or constructed.

Didn't we already know that? :?

I don't think it was ever specified.
Ashendant

Postby The Pink Warlord » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:56 am

Prodigial_Knight wrote:
0beron wrote:The thing I find the most interesting is the total absence of a caster thus far. They always seem to play a major role in the strategy or at least style of the side, so given the Queen's unusual attendance at the War Council, you'd have thought any caster they have would be there too. Or that Forecastle would have mentioned one generally speaking even if they weren't present. This leads me to suspect that either they lack one, or that its of a discipline they shun/think to be useless. Maybe some discipline that can't do much at sea, like a Florist, Dirtamancer, or Croakamancer.

It would be so funny if Seaworld had a Dirtamancer, and he/she was even more bored out of his skull than Lord Forecastle who at least gets to go hiking every turn, sorry "patrolling".

A side that has no use for a caster sells them on. We've seen a bunch of casters how have been traded about including Isaac and Digdoug.
The Pink Warlord

Postby kagato23 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:44 pm

Arky wrote:On the one hand, ANOTHER story about an Erfworld side who are dogmatic and fail to appreciate what they've got is a little tiresome now. On the other hand, Erf seafaring and the idea of sending ships out on missions that will take dozens of turns is very interesting. It's a very different dynamic to what we've seen with Erf armies on land.

Of course, you'd think that a navy would require caster protection. These ships of the line apparently concentrate so much value in one place that one enemy caster with a Shockamancy scroll could do incredibly cost-effective damage.

I think it's less about that, and more a common element of most sides. It's why Parson is so booping dangerous. To use, he's just good at games. To them, he's an alien thinker that can be appreciated by the open minded, but even Jack and Wanda, the people who respect that most, can't fully duplicate it after seeing it for some time.

I'm thinking the whole seafarer ability will reflect a change in general erfworld thinking that Forecastle will help us observe though.
Portal X Parson OTP!
kagato23
Tool + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Previous

Return to Reactions