Menas wrote:If you guys want to stick with 'the dwagons never would have been found if Jillian hadn't been there' be my guest, but there's no proof to your argument. There's no proof they WOULD have been found if she hadn't been there either. But if you're going to make the statement that they never would have been found without Jillian, then I'm going to call it what it is - an opinion. Don't state it as fact.
Its not a totally unfair assumption. Look :
1) Parson didn't think the Dwagons would be found at all on that turn.
2) Parson had an "aw fuck - Jillian's out there" moment. One of his few mistakes was banking too much on Wanda's assurances.
3) Jillian's decision to dump Webinar and run off with the Archons may have been somewhat predictable from our perspective, but it must have seemed a "chaotic/random" event to Parson.
4) The flying group with Webinar, the Gwiffons and the Archons was never supposed to go in the direction of the lake. They were supposed to guard the siege. Going over the lake only happened because of Jillian.
5) As we've pointed out, the RCC had VERY few flyers. Jillian and the Archons were pretty much the only force around with the move both to find them AND engage them. (Ansom and Vinny did, too. But remember they didn't know they were there.)
6) Aside from one of Vinny's bats, who else in the RCC could have found them on that turn?
7) Vinny didn't seem to be sending his bats to the lake to check. In fact, according to Parson, the RCC didn't even know the lake was there.
and finally :
8) Someone might say "well, they could find them on the following turn or later" - no. Parson wasn't leaving them there. He was going to have them either croak Ansom or smash the siege.
So yes - I think its a safe assumption that if Jillian hadn't been involved, the stack wouldn't have been found.