Page by page discussion of the comic.

Book 2 – Page 16

Postby balder » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:03 pm

New One is up.
balder

Re: Book 2 – Page 16

Postby FreakyCheeseMan » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:10 pm

Nice one. Great final line.

So... archons? Or is the queen playing it straight with Wanda?
FreakyCheeseMan

Postby Welf von Ehrwald » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:12 pm

Uh, Megalogwiffins are really big. That's gonna be a hard fight.
I love uncroaked Dora. I love an anonymous friend even more.

Only one man has understood me, and even he has not!
Welf von Ehrwald

Postby Spungi » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:12 pm

So close.. so tense... we're almost there!

Should be interesting to see what happens 'up there'.
Spungi
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby splintermute » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:21 pm

On this page, you can see that Faq has eight megalogwiffs, but on page 10, Ossomer said they only have six - was he misinformed? will this require some retconjuration?

Oooh! Maybe two of them are veiled archon pinatas!
Last edited by splintermute on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
splintermute

Postby Wakky » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:23 pm

As I've said before, Meglogwiffs appear to be about three times the size of a Dwagon, and armored to boot, so I'm guessing they may be the most powerful flying unit in Erfworld.

I'm getting more impressed with Lin's artwork. The expression on Wanda's face in panel nine is very subtle, yet clearly wistful. In the next panel, it's also clear that even though Stanley has caused a rift between them, there's still a lot of love between the two.

Lastly, I think a lot of people will probably mistake the meaning of what Jillian is talking about when she asks Wanda to "get high". I have a feeling that it simply means flying their respective mounts up high to have a private parley. The stoners will be disappointed! :lol:
Wakky

Postby joosy » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:28 pm

wow. Megalogwiffs are .. mega. yeesh.

Slately is still a 'dry turd' (Don King's words, not mine). He can't even call Jillian by her name or a polite title even when she is the only thing standing between him and Decryption or Oblivion. "Barbarian Queen" indeed.

Looks like this meeting will go better than the last time when Wanda unleashed the Air Defenses on Jillian (or at least Jillians entourage). Hopefully we won't have 15 pages of inane debate on whether 'getting high' means increasing in altitude or the revelation of Erfworld mood altering substances or both. (Hey, they have alcohol, right?) It was probably a good idea NOT to bring Ansom along for this trip - wounds and reactions notwithstanding- the real reason he was left behind was so Wanda and Jillian could get some alone time.

I think Wanda is underestimating Jillian or else we are about to see either some more insights into their past relationship AND/OR some trick of Charlie's. We know that Charlie's stated goal is to croak either Wanda or Stanley. My bet would be that he plans on using the events here to regain the confidence of the other royals by defeating Wanda and also has the Gobwin Gambit in play as a backup/feint to try and take out Stanley.

The whole point of Jillian sneaking into Jetstone seems pointless now but I'm sure Charlie has covered for that contingency. I wonder if Charlie is aware that they are not really facing Parson's tactics but mainly Wanda's at this point.
Last edited by joosy on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
joosy

Postby Liam » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:29 pm

Its getting exciting! :D
Liam

Postby HandofShadows » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:29 pm

Ok, those two's relationship get entered a new level of kink. And I didn't think it could. :lol: Going to be very interesting to see what happens next. Will there be a betrayal? Who will betray who? Wanda betray Jillian? Jillian Betray Wanda? Charlie betray Jillian? Jillian betray Charlie? Wanda and Jillian betray everone? Say tuned as "The ErfWolrd Turns!" :D
HandofShadows

Postby Megaduck » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:30 pm

So, how high CAN Archon's fly? Do the hexes go up to infinity or if you go up enough is there ANOTHER hex?

WAG
Spoiler: show
Charlie's Archons are hiding topside. They're going to Capture Wanda.
Megaduck

Postby ftl » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:32 pm

Welf von Ehrwald wrote:Uh, Megalogwiffins are really big. That's gonna be a hard fight.

Just a correction - I believe they're called Megalogwiffs, not Megalogwiffons... people keep calling them that.

If it was just Megalogwiffs versus Dwagons, I wouldn't say it would be a hard fight - they look big and could probably hold their own with dwagons one on one, maybe even beat them, but they're outnumbered by a lot.

But that all doesn't matter, because it's oh so definitely coming down to the Wanda-Jillian dynamic. Both of them have something up their sleeves. Wanda would be stupid to take the offer to ditch stacks and have some one-on-one fun...
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby build6 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:34 pm

"too crowded", "let's ditch our stacks" ?

I'm thinking if Parson were there the alarm bells would all be going off?
build6

Postby Rogerborg » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:35 pm

This artwork is just weirding me out. Most of it is wonderfully realised, but what on Erf is going on with the female faces? Look at the bottom row. Jillian and Wanda's faces are blankly identical, just differing in complexion. Their features are the same shape and size. There's expression, but no character. And no, I don't think that's Meaningful or Significant or Deep. It's just weak realisation.

So sad - they used to be so distinct and instantly recognisable. :cry:
Rogerborg

Postby atteSmythe » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:36 pm

Interesting. Wanda breaking stack is at no risk, since Jillian can't cross the hex boundary. Jillian, on the other hand...what's she playing at?
atteSmythe

Postby randomstar » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:36 pm

But if Wanda ditch stack, the decrypted will lose her bonus (or is it in the hex). Could be a move to weaken the GK fliers in the fight?
next talking will be inteeeeresting

and yes, megalogwiffs are really huge!

(ahd hallo everibody!)
randomstar

Postby Llord_Droll » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:39 pm

I love the cool smiles while they are both planning 99% bad things for the other.
Llord_Droll

Postby Menas » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:40 pm

I think the author is being straight with the readers. Jillian knew Wanda would come. She knows taking out Wanda is the key to defeating Stanly, and killing Stanley is her primary goal. She obviously knows what she's doing and has tricks up her sleeve, and is using herself as bait.

It looks like the battle isn't going to engage hard core until they have their 'talk'. I'm hoping the talk doesn't take too long!
Menas

Postby FreakyCheeseMan » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:41 pm

Huh.

A thought.

One of our biggest safeguards on Wanda's loyalty has been that, near as we can tell, betrayal by non-heirs isn't possible... they can't start their own side, only turn. So Wanda couldn't *just* split off from GK... but, there's nothing to stop her turning and joining Jillian, and have decrypted + FAQ vs. GK vs. Everyone Else.
FreakyCheeseMan

Postby ShieldOfAthena » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:42 pm

splintermute wrote:On this page, you can see that Faq has eight megalogwiffs, but on page 10, Ossomer said they only have six - was he misinformed? will this require some retconjuration?

Oooh! Maybe two of them are veiled archon pinatas!
Can't believe someone beat me to pointing this out! :D
ShieldOfAthena
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby ftl » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:45 pm

atteSmythe wrote:Interesting. Wanda breaking stack is at no risk, since Jillian can't cross the hex boundary. Jillian, on the other hand...what's she playing at?

Are you sure they're not already in the same hex? Are we sure this is a parley at a hex boundary, rather than with Wanda already having entered the hex?
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Next

Return to Reactions