Book 2 – Text Updates 010

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Text Updates 010

Postby fjolnir » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:56 pm

in an earlier update he looked like Kain...
fjolnir

Postby CelebrenIthil » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:07 pm

BLANDCorporatio wrote:
Ansan Gotti wrote:The artistic rendering of him as that Final Fantasy character, I believe.

As a brainwashed follower of the Yahtzee School of Game Appreciation, I still fail to understand that. What FF character?

When the GK column is first disguised as siege and heavies by Jack's foolamancy in the beginning of book 2, Jack is himself sporting an illusory outfit similar to the Dragoon class from the old FFs.

Wait...here: http://www.ffcompendium.com/h/jobs/dragoon.shtml

But, I do not see the link between the FF costume and that theory...
My Dwagons!
Red: Kelvin Yellow: Newton Green: Langmuir Blue: Ampere Purple: Decibel Pink: Pascal
build6 wrote:It's true, we're all gay for Tramennis, even if we're straight :-)
CelebrenIthil
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby theseus2x » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:55 pm

Yucca wrote:To all the people saying Wanda will turn: if she does, Jillian is in charge. Considering everything we know about Wanda, do you really think she'll be ok with that?

If Wanda turns, the Decrypted turn with her. Now, the RCC2 won't LIKE to ally with Wanda, but there's no doubt that on paper, they'd roll GK.

Esp. if Wanda can Decrypt Dwagons, which we must assume.

It won't happen, anyway.
theseus2x

Postby fjolnir » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:04 pm

In one of the FF games, Kain, a Dragoon is brainwashed.
fjolnir

Postby Ansan Gotti » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:13 pm

Sinrus wrote:
Ansan Gotti wrote:I also think losing lots of dwagons will make Stanley so mad that he will promote Parson.

Why would he promote Parson for that? I can just see him yelling that Parson's supposed to be the perfect warlord.

Because it would be Wanda and Ansom's fault, losing a ton of dwagons right now.

BTW, awesome name. Nice pun.

Thanks!

BlandCorp, I think others have explained the Kain thing since the time of my earlier post. I must confess I never played the game, either, but there were some pretty good explanations in the reactions thread that accompanied the artwork. It sounded pretty interesting to me, as it pertains to a Jack betrayal!
Ansan Gotti
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby robak » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:58 am

Ansan Gotti wrote:
Sinrus wrote:
Ansan Gotti wrote:I also think losing lots of dwagons will make Stanley so mad that he will promote Parson.

Why would he promote Parson for that? I can just see him yelling that Parson's supposed to be the perfect warlord.

Because it would be Wanda and Ansom's fault, losing a ton of dwagons right now.

And Stanley told Parson that he should just shut up, it's 100% Ansoms plan. So almost certainly he will blame Parson if it goes wrong. That's Stanley.
robak

Postby Romanosuke » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:01 am

*comes out into the sun*
BLANDCorporatio wrote:
Ansan Gotti wrote:The artistic rendering of him as that Final Fantasy character, I believe.

As a brainwashed follower of the Yahtzee School of Game Appreciation, I still fail to understand that. What FF character?

-Book 2 Page 4 is the update everyone is talking about.

-This is the panel where Jack looks like Kain and/or a dragoon from Final Fantasy.

-Doing a search of Kain in the reaction thread for this comic will give you some insight which people have already discussed about the whole Jack looking like Kain/Betrayer thing and what that could mean.

-More info on this particular character can be found here

*goes back into hiding*
Late night lurker of forums.
Romanosuke

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:01 pm

:lol: This place is great, all you need to do is ask and answers will be enough to bury you.

Okay, reading just a bit about the character, yeah I can see why the Jack turning theory has legs. Pity though, I kinda hope he'll be still on GK's side, come battle's end.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Ninjaguineapig » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:28 pm

I don't think Jack will turn. There is no evidence at all to Jack's loyalty level, saying that he will turn if given a better option is nothing but speculation. Jack's love for Jillian is far from assured. Jack himself never said anything, only Jillian did.
Jillian the Barbarian Warlord wrote:I think he had a little crush on me.

That's it. All we have on Jack and Jillian's relationship. Jillian could have misinterpreted him, a 'little crush' might have been it. I know all the stuff about the Jack and Jill going up a hill, but that could have simply been a reference to Jillian fixing Jack's 'broken crown', which happened upon him seeing someone from Faq he liked, as opposed to Wanda, who was a b**** even then
Ninjaguineapig

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:34 pm

I don't expect Jack to turn to Faq either, but I'm beginning to see why some people suspect he will. Not saying I agree with that assessment. There's one scenario I've mentioned in which, based on what we've just found out about Jack, he'll switch sides. Not a likely scenario though.

Oh, and he mentions in this book that he has an affliction shared by Wanda. Heavily implied to be a fancy for Jillian.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby MonteCristo » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:34 pm

Ninjaguineapig wrote:I don't think Jack will turn. There is no evidence at all to Jack's loyalty level, saying that he will turn if given a better option is nothing but speculation. Jack's love for Jillian is far from assured. Jack himself never said anything, only Jillian did.
Jillian the Barbarian Warlord wrote:I think he had a little crush on me.

That's it. All we have on Jack and Jillian's relationship.

So what do you make of Jack's lines just after he betrays Jillian, helping Stanley escape
"love is the wisdom of the fool and folly of the wise"... he seemed to REALLY lament what he had to do there
MonteCristo
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby theseus2x » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:50 pm

BLANDCorporatio wrote:I don't expect Jack to turn to Faq either, but I'm beginning to see why some people suspect he will. Not saying I agree with that assessment. There's one scenario I've mentioned in which, based on what we've just found out about Jack, he'll switch sides. Not a likely scenario though.

Oh, and he mentions in this book that he has an affliction shared by Wanda. Heavily implied to be a fancy for Jillian.

Right. Even the Wiki points out Jack seems to have an unusually high loyalty to Stanley. If he was going to turn, he would have done it at the Pass.
theseus2x

Postby Ninjaguineapig » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:45 am

BLANDCorporatio wrote:Oh, and he mentions in this book that he has an affliction shared by Wanda. Heavily implied to be a fancy for Jillian.

Wanda and Jack share another affliction: Crazy.
Ninjaguineapig

Postby theseus2x » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:08 pm

Ninjaguineapig wrote:
BLANDCorporatio wrote:Oh, and he mentions in this book that he has an affliction shared by Wanda. Heavily implied to be a fancy for Jillian.

Wanda and Jack share another affliction: Crazy.

Who's sane here?

Jillian wants Wanda/Ansom/to be independent/to be dominated/Vinny/kill Stanley?/etc.
Ansom is dominated to the point where he has to make nice to someone he despises (Stanley).
Stanley has deep psychological issues from being short/non-royal/a moron.
Slately can't see past his Royal ideas.
Don... we have no idea WHAT he's planning.
Parson can't decide if he wants to conquer the world or not.
Charlie is a Tuna.
theseus2x

Postby robak » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:39 am

theseus2x wrote:Charlie is a Tuna.

I thought he was a shark
robak

Previous

Return to Reactions