Book 2 – Page 17

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Page 17

Postby theseus2x » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:12 pm

I don't mind the makeup. I honestly think it goes with the hair (which, yes, I hate).
The wardrobe from this book for Wanda has been meh.
theseus2x

Postby HandofShadows » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:18 pm

build6 wrote:y'know, I'm starting to wonder if we should all just assume that Jillian and Charlie are "exactly on the same page". Charlie certainly would want Wanda dead. But does Jillian? Just 'cos she's accepting/accepted Charlie's help doesn't necessarily mean she's not got her own agenda (i.e. Wanda gets to live).

?

EDIT: although yeah if she does "double-cross" Charlie she's gonna need a way to deal with quite a lot of pissed-off archons in her airspace (assuming that's something's Charlie's got in the battlespace).

Personally I have always thought that Jillian would not croak Wanda any more than Wanda would croak her. As for Charlie I expect him to go after Wanda and Jillian.
HandofShadows

Postby TheMutant » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:33 pm

HandofShadows wrote:Personally I have always thought that Jillian would not croak Wanda any more than Wanda would croak her. As for Charlie I expect him to go after Wanda and Jillian.

Wanda, yes, I could definitely see Charlie wanting her croaked no matter what. Jillian...? Not so much. Remember, she's the only side so much as taking his calls (A Royal, even). He needs her to be his means of proving to the other Erfworld sides that he's not with Stanley and that they shouldn't avoid him. If he turns on her, it's going to look extraordinarily bad for him.
Join the Erflings fanart gallery on DeviantArt!

Sixty wrote:Obviously the mystery caster has no particular feelings one way or the other about Parson, he simply heard "cue the Benny Hill music" and gave chase, compelled to do so by forces outside his control.
TheMutant
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Moik » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:53 pm

MonteCristo wrote:it's more than just red lipstick...
before and after
Image Image

I found the edit too ganguro-y for my tastes, I wanted to request nude lips, but I found writing the description of nude lips confusing to myself. Now, I'm just learning Paint Shop Pro (couldn't find a Selection Mask style option), so please excuse the lesser quality of edit. But here's some other variants that I think help. I find both style more appealing this way. But, I still find both skin tones unappealing, though I find the lighter more aesthetically pleasing than the ruddier ganguro one.
Either way, beauty/visual aesthetics will always be in the eye of the beholder. This is something that it's impossible for more than a few people to agree on.
Moik

Postby Sinrus » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:53 pm

pSycHOtic chICkeN wrote:
Sinrus wrote:Someone said that Wanda seems to have come to life, and I know exactly where it happened: First panel bottom row. That's the first time I saw any real emotion from her in this book.

There is an earlier example of Wanda slipping and showing an emotion. Last panel bottom row.

That doesn't look like emotion so much as an evilgasm.
Sinrus

Postby build6 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:23 am

TheMutant wrote:Wanda, yes, I could definitely see Charlie wanting her croaked no matter what. Jillian...? Not so much. Remember, she's the only side so much as taking his calls (A Royal, even). He needs her to be his means of proving to the other Erfworld sides that he's not with Stanley and that they shouldn't avoid him. If he turns on her, it's going to look extraordinarily bad for him.

hrm. so I guess it depends on how ... what's the word, naive? cunning? jillian is, and whether Charlie thinks she is ... ?

like, would Charlie have thought "hrm, would Jillian do as she agreed and off Wanda, or is she gonna double-cross me later, even after all the help I gave her, getting her set up properly? Hrm .... nah, she wouldn't do it, she's not smart enough"
build6

Postby Dancing Cthulhu » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:55 am

build6 wrote:y'know, I'm starting to wonder if we should all just assume that Jillian and Charlie are "exactly on the same page". Charlie certainly would want Wanda dead. But does Jillian? Just 'cos she's accepting/accepted Charlie's help doesn't necessarily mean she's not got her own agenda (i.e. Wanda gets to live).

I don't know if we can assume anything with Charlie. Croaking Wanda would make sense, but maybe he has something else in mind. And I think he would understand Jillian's situation, so he wouldn't blindly be putting faith in her...

Of course we might also be underestimating Jillian - she has feeling for Wanda definitely, but she is still a warrior on a mission, even if she has doubts. I can't remember - did she ask Ansom not to kill Wanda if possible when GK fell (while she was chasing Stanley)?
And so my time with the Tardy Elves draws to a close, and I am let to ponder how the experience will... eh, I'll finish later. No need to rush.
Dancing Cthulhu

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:57 am

Raza wrote:You're trying way too hard to fit it all into our rigid western 'relationship' model of intimacy

I suppose you don't mean "western" as in "cowboy". In which case you might be referring to the Royal Mistress model? Or maybe the husband-and-wife peasant-preying team? Or maybe the singles peasant-preying?

(Nah, I know what you mean but this dismissal of something as "western" ... gawd, aren't "eastern"-minded folk supposed-by-cliche to be less keen on quickly and spuriously putting things in categories?)

As to the actual argument itself, you have your large share of right; people shouldn't stick with something just cause others think it's the proper thing to do.

Nevertheless, those rules were put in place for a reason. One poster already suggested the problem that the Jillian-Wanda-Ansom triangle presents: Wanda thought Jillian would prefer her over Ansom.

This isn't Jillian's fault, still it is very in character for her to not consider the effect of her actions on others; I've said in another thread that her only mode of relating to others (in everything she does) is to treat them like annoyances to her free spirit. Trouble with her free spirit is that she doesn't come off as a quick-witted joker type or a visionary, but as a petulant teen refusing to grow up. THAT's why I'm annoyed with her.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Sinrus » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:58 am

You can't try to see anybody in erfworld as a monogamist.

Monogamy originally arose as a way to respect the gift of life. The reasoning was, if we have the power to make new people, then that power shouldn't be abused. Thus, everybody should only have one partner at a time.

However, in erfworld, sex doesn't make babies. It's just a way to have fun. So, it stands to reason that monogamy wouldn't hold up there.
Sinrus

Postby HandofShadows » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:30 pm

TheMutant wrote:Wanda, yes, I could definitely see Charlie wanting her croaked no matter what. Jillian...? Not so much. Remember, she's the only side so much as taking his calls (A Royal, even). He needs her to be his means of proving to the other Erfworld sides that he's not with Stanley and that they shouldn't avoid him. If he turns on her, it's going to look extraordinarily bad for him.

Jillian knows to much about Charlie. Such as his ability to manipulate natural loyality. Info I very much doubt he would want to get out.
HandofShadows

Postby theseus2x » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:41 pm

I don't think he'll croak Wanda (yet). For all we know, the Decrypted turn to ash when Wanda dies. I would suggest Wanda's demise will be the Climax of Book 2.

Dancing Cthulhu wrote:

I don't know if we can assume anything with Charlie. Croaking Wanda would make sense, but maybe he has something else in mind. And I think he would understand Jillian's situation, so he wouldn't blindly be putting faith in her...

Of course we might also be underestimating Jillian - she has feeling for Wanda definitely, but she is still a warrior on a mission, even if she has doubts. I can't remember - did she ask Ansom not to kill Wanda if possible when GK fell (while she was chasing Stanley)?
theseus2x

Previous

Return to Reactions