Book 2 – Page 19

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Book 2 – Page 19

Postby balder » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:55 pm

New One is up.
balder

Re: Book 2 – Page 19

Postby Archameades » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:02 pm

I actually expected Wanda to turn there... nicely done.
Archameades

Postby Lawd » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:05 pm

"Titans' teats", m'gonna use that someday.
And Fate/the will of the Arkentools controls Wanda, somehow? Interesting. Poor Jillian, she seems so happy in panel 2 and so down in panel 10.

EDIT: "And what Iwant doesn't matter!" Heavy words, especially coming from Wanda; who always (in my eyes) seemed to care about what she wanted.
Last edited by Lawd on Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lawd

Postby Moik » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:06 pm

TwwwwwwwwIST!

Good Job, Rob! I don't recall seeing a theory predicting that line of reasoning, or that offer. A Happy Reader is Me!
Moik

Postby gameboy1234 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:06 pm

Yeah, good show. Wanda does not turn, and we have an explanation why: another prediction comes to light.

So, now what is Jillian's response. Does she stand aside, or fight, or what? This will be interesting.
"Do it?" Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome?

I did it thirty-five minutes ago.

gameboy1234
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Godsire » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:06 pm

Jillian is confused now :)

Good stuff.. Wanda seems confident still!

Still no fighting though, I wish we we're at the fighting part already !

Next comic won't be fighting either I guess, still talks.
Godsire

Postby Vordrax » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:08 pm

To respond in Internet meme: I can haz battle? Pls?
Vordrax

Postby oslecamo2 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:13 pm

Moik wrote:TwwwwwwwwIST!

Good Job, Rob! I don't recall seeing a theory predicting that line of reasoning, or that offer. A Happy Reader is Me!

O'rrly?

Well I had predicted this a llllooonnnggg time ago.

Ok, not exactly this, but I had noticed that Wanda was exceptionaly loyal to Stanley.

Yes, you can claim that Wanda was trying to use Stanley as nothing more than a puppet, but it doesn't change the fact that Wanda took huge risks for her lord. She could have turned to Ansom several times and from there wait for an oportunity to backstab him and get the tool, but she choose to stand by Stanley's side in all matters.

She staying with Stanley because they're both chosen of the titans kinda makes sense when you think about it. Wanda believes in fate above everything. And it was fate that granted Stanley his tool. Thus Stanley is also a fate believer, and thus her natural ally.

So, basically, HELL YEAH! Wanda stays on team Hamster!
oslecamo2

Postby build6 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:20 pm

wow. I hadn't actually realised that Wanda was also a "True Believer". I'd thought the thinking of all the decrypted was merely a need for them to justify a decryption-imposed "sense of purpose/loyalty"
build6

Postby President_Allosaurus » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:22 pm

Looks like the de-crypted's beliefs are in fact a mirror of Wanda's.
President_Allosaurus

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:22 pm

Huh. At least I'm reliably wrong.

I thought Jillian's offer wasn't genuine, but this makes that theory hard to sustain.

So then, what will it be what will it be, the suspense is killing me, when's the battle I can't see.

Oh also, by Wanda's logic, Charlie is next ;) Or ok, whoever has the fourth known Arkentool.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Ansan Gotti » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:25 pm

Totally makes sense. Love it, even though I would have loved the two of them teaming up, too.

I love how each of them also happened to provide the other with valuable information. Jillian let on that her caster is a turnamancer. Wanda let on that her true mission really IS to unite all of the Arkentools, it's not just Stanley's propaganda.

I think the info Jillian let on is more important tactically right now. But the info Wanda let on is more important strategically, down the road. Charlie was already acting against GK's interests, but it will truly be implacable if he knows Wanda's ultimate goal is to seize the Arkendish.

I know Stanley has been saying that all along, but to me it feels qualitatively different when Wanda confirms it.

EDIT: Love love LOVE the facial expressions in panels 2, 4 and 10!
Last edited by Ansan Gotti on Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ansan Gotti
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:27 pm

I don't think Wanda is so much a born-again Toolist or anything, rather an Arkentool collector. And there is a slight difference between the two.

Toolism presents itself as an alternative ruling system to Royalty.

All that Wanda says is that the Arkentools must be brought together. What for, it is not said. Maybe Erfworld has some sort of Endgame and it is approaching? Maybe the Tools need to be cast down into the fires from whence they came? In any case, no specific purpose is revealed to us now.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Sieggy » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:29 pm

Sounds like Wanda hasn't revealed all of what the Predictamancer told her back in FAQ . . . if it were just 'you will wield an Arkentool someday', there wouldn't be the justification for world domination. I think her devotion to Fate derives from a greater, grander vision. Perhaps she and Janis share the same dream, though from different perspectives. And I suspect Janis has more info than Wanda . . .

If the fate of the Arkentools is to be found & brought together, the question is begged 'to what end?' Perhaps to rebuild/remake/renew Erfworld? It's what Tools do . . . One other thing, though, is that there are four KNOWN Arkentools. and I suspect that Plotomancy demands that more be discovered

Now, if Wanda were smart, she'd tell Jillian that Stanley has the Tool SHE is destined to wield, and help her get it. And then hope that Jillian can attune to it . . . Perhaps fate will eventually place ALL the Tools in the hands of attuned wielders, just in time for Ragnarerf . . . (Twilight of the Titans?)
The Truth Will Set You Free. But First It Will Piss You Off.
Sieggy

Postby Nargrakhan » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:33 pm

Hm... I wonder how Charlie fits in Wanda's plans...
Nargrakhan
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Spot » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:36 pm

Ansan Gotti wrote:I think the info Jillian let on is more important tactically right now. But the info Wanda let on is more important strategically, down the road. Charlie was already acting against GK's interests, but it will truly be implacable if he knows Wanda's ultimate goal is to seize the Arkendish.

But Charlie is attuned to the Arkendish, so the primary goal is not to seize it, but to bring him on board. Presumably, disposing of Charlie ad finding a new person to attune to the dish would be a fallback position, if Charlie refuses to join when the time comes.
Spot

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:38 pm

Sieggy wrote:If the fate of the Arkentools is to be found & brought together, the question is begged 'to what end?' Perhaps to rebuild/remake/renew Erfworld? It's what Tools do . . .

Good suggestion; we might then see a variant of the Sistine Chapel ceiling, with Elvis cast as God, and Adam replaced by Wanda, inheriting creation.

Sieggy wrote:Now, if Wanda were smart, she'd tell Jillian that Stanley has the Tool SHE is destined to wield, and help her get it.

My thoughts exactly, which I describe in the "Would Wanda turn to Faq" thread. Now Jillian has one more reason to go after Stanley.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby BCCroaker » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:43 pm

Jillian has her sword ready, and after Wanda's words, I'll take a wild guess she's going to use it to try to knock the pliers out of Wanda's hand.
BCCroaker
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Ambug666 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:44 pm

Croak Stanly and see if the Arkenhammer can attune to someone else. Let's say... Jillian.

Maybe it is incredibly rare for someone to attune to a tool? Maybe the people who are attuned know the tools need to be together. Remember Stanley did say that Ansom was bringing the Pliers to him...
Ambug666

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:46 pm

Spot wrote:But Charlie is attuned to the Arkendish, so the primary goal is not to seize it, but to bring him on board. Presumably, disposing of Charlie ad finding a new person to attune to the dish would be a fallback position, if Charlie refuses to join when the time comes.

What would be really funny (as in annoying) is tracking down the attuned person for the fourth Arkentool. We only know of three attuned, and just like in book 1, there may be Arkentools with no known (or no widely known) attunable wielders. Since Erfworld is also pretty big, there will be a problem for Wanda and co. to find proper users for all of the Titanic instruments (what will they do, the Cinderella method? hire all Predictomancers? can Predictomancers give to person A a prophecy that refers only to person B?).
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Next

Return to Reactions