Book 2 – Page 20

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Its a love Quadrangle!

Postby danielkaplan123 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:54 am

I think this will only make the inevitable worse. Sure, Wanda goes with Jillian and Charlescomme, the other attuned side, BUT Jillian still lives to kill Stanley and its only a matter of time before

1) Jillian finds out the Wanda is the one who drew Stanley in to destroy her kingdom.
2) Wanda opposes Jillian destroying Stanley because he is attuned to his arkentool.
3) Jack and possibly Ansom fit in here somewhere since Jack, Ansom and Wanda all love Jillian.

So an early peace between Jillian and Wanda makes for a more explosive ending!

PS Nice relationship exposition on Rob's part in these last 6 postings!
danielkaplan123

Re: Book 2 – Page 20

Postby danielkaplan123 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:56 am

I think this will only make the inevitable worse. Sure, Wanda goes with Jillian and Charlescomme, the other attuned side, BUT Jillian still lives to kill Stanley and its only a matter of time before

1) Jillian finds out the Wanda is the one who drew Stanley in to destroy her kingdom.
2) Wanda opposes Jillian destroying Stanley because he is attuned to his arkentool.
3) Jack and possibly Ansom fit in here somewhere since Jack, Ansom and Wanda all love Jillian.

So an early peace between Jillian and Wanda makes for a more explosive ending!

PS Nice relationship exposition on Rob's part in these last 6 postings!
danielkaplan123

Postby Lord Kasavin » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:05 am

Hiai wrote:So, logically, Stanley is sitting in GK nearly undefended...

Here is where your four points falls apart. Side capitals are so important, they are always well defended. To leave one poorly defended without a very pressing reason is highly illogical, no matter what is happening on the field. Furthermore, everyone thought Ansom was bringing siege units, not Dwagons, to the front. So, unless Charlie has something else up his sleeve, he isn't going to think GK is vulnerable. Recall that GK has over 9,000 units at this point. Even a thousand of them at GK would be a stronger defense than GK had in Book 1. I'm not saying Charlie doesn't have a plan to take on GK, but he certainly can't be going in thinking GK will fall easy.
"Act, and God will Act." - Joan of Arc

"Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt." - Thomas Moore
Lord Kasavin

Postby Rosa Vernal » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:37 pm

I see that, and I keep being reminded of Charlie's Rule 3.

Charlie's Rule #3: We are in the business of solving problems for our clients.
Corollary: Creating problems for our clients creates business.

Something is going to go so splendidly wrong that the surrounding fifty hexes from GK will have Parson's voice screaming profanity... at least, I hope so. I don't think he's the kind of person to put up with defeat very easily.
RIP, Grandma. <3
Mar '29 - Oct '10
Rosa Vernal

Postby djones520 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:09 pm

Rosa Vernal wrote:I see that, and I keep being reminded of Charlie's Rule 3.

Charlie's Rule #3: We are in the business of solving problems for our clients.
Corollary: Creating problems for our clients creates business.

Something is going to go so splendidly wrong that the surrounding fifty hexes from GK will have Parson's voice screaming profanity... at least, I hope so. I don't think he's the kind of person to put up with defeat very easily.

I think you've got Stanley and Parson confused. Parson strikes me more as the type to accept his mistakes and learn from them. As evidenced with the botched ambush in book one. Page 72 firs panel, he's calmly analyzing the defeat, and thinking about the next step like nothing bad had just happened. Stanley on the other hand just loses it.

http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F072.jpg
djones520

Postby Rosa Vernal » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:44 pm

No, I do know the differences. I'm just hoping that there is something so amazingly explosive that even Parson gets surprised.
RIP, Grandma. <3
Mar '29 - Oct '10
Rosa Vernal

Postby asparagus » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:45 pm

One question I have is what Wanda is referring to in Panel 9? How did Wanda trust Jillian before and have that trust broken. I cannot think of any interaction between the two that matches that model?
asparagus

Postby ftl » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:00 pm

asparagus wrote:One question I have is what Wanda is referring to in Panel 9? How did Wanda trust Jillian before and have that trust broken. I cannot think of any interaction between the two that matches that model?

Jillian chose Ansom over Wanda when she broke the spell and attacked the Dwagons.
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby asparagus » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:10 pm

ftl wrote:
asparagus wrote:One question I have is what Wanda is referring to in Panel 9? How did Wanda trust Jillian before and have that trust broken. I cannot think of any interaction between the two that matches that model?

Jillian chose Ansom over Wanda when she broke the spell and attacked the Dwagons.

Well it's a bit disingenuous of Wanda to suggest that she was "trusting" Jillian then given that Wanda had cast a mind-control spell on Jillian. I wonder if this is a reference to some more backplot between Jillian and Wanda, perhaps involving the fall of Faq.
asparagus

Postby theseus2x » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:34 pm

Lord Kasavin wrote:
Hiai wrote:So, logically, Stanley is sitting in GK nearly undefended...

Here is where your four points falls apart. Side capitals are so important, they are always well defended. To leave one poorly defended without a very pressing reason is highly illogical, no matter what is happening on the field. Furthermore, everyone thought Ansom was bringing siege units, not Dwagons, to the front. So, unless Charlie has something else up his sleeve, he isn't going to think GK is vulnerable. Recall that GK has over 9,000 units at this point. Even a thousand of them at GK would be a stronger defense than GK had in Book 1. I'm not saying Charlie doesn't have a plan to take on GK, but he certainly can't be going in thinking GK will fall easy.

Agreed. We have no reason to think that the defenses of GK's capital are hurting. MAYBE Charlie's entire Archon fleet could hit it, but does Charlie strike you as the type who'd risk everything with bad intel?
theseus2x

Previous

Return to Reactions