Book 2 – Page 22

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Book 2 – Page 22

Postby balder » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:03 pm

New One is up.
balder

Re: Book 2 – Page 22

Postby Elhoim » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:07 pm

Rob, I hate you. You have me on the edge of my seat.
Elhoim

Postby fjolnir » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:10 pm

well, we can add "long range linking" to the arkendish's power, is she going to try to pass the flyers and go for ansom?
fjolnir

Postby Godsire » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:10 pm

Oh god, I've waited so long for this. But now I'm even more anxious to know what will happen.

Curse you, Rob !

So, who does jillian want? She doesn't want the Croakamancer. She wants Ansom back ?
Godsire

Postby splintermute » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:11 pm

She came here for Vurp!

(since it's not Wanda or Jack or Ossomer, and I'm pretty sure if Vanna can turn Ansom at a distance, Turnamancy is essentially broken)
splintermute

Postby Draven » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:11 pm

Ohhhh, predictions on who/what she wants to turn? Ansom seems the most obvious choice. Could be something crazy like Wanda's mount or something.
Draven

Postby Aquillion » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:15 pm

splintermute wrote:She came here for Vurp!

(since it's not Wanda or Jack or Ossomer, and I'm pretty sure if Vanna can turn Ansom at a distance, Turnamancy is essentially broken)
Uh, there's no reason it would have to be at a distance. It's their turn now, and they're on a big flying mount with full move.

Draven wrote:Ohhhh, predictions on who/what she wants to turn? Ansom seems the most obvious choice. Could be something crazy like Wanda's mount or something.
Given that she's already rejected every other named character there (except for, who, whatever Scarlet's real name was?)

It doesn't seem like much of a game to guess.
Aquillion

Postby irninja » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:18 pm

registered just to post prediction:

she turns parson..
irninja

Postby the_tick_rules » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:21 pm

Oh yeah, I so called the link baby. I wonder who she's after now? Stanley?
I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
the_tick_rules

Postby elmagnifico » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:22 pm

Ooh, ooh, I know who she's gonna turn! (maybe)
Spoiler: show
Vurp or Ansom. Those are the only high-level GK units that could possibly be in range.
elmagnifico

Postby chpicker » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:24 pm

Interesting. So, if a caster can spend "2 turns' worth" of juice on a single spell, that tells me that juice doesn't fill up to maximum each turn. Or that perhaps there IS no maximum. Either way, casters gain a certain amount of juice each turn, which they can save up over multiple turns for bigger spells.
chpicker

Postby Goshen » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:26 pm

Hah! Yet another cliffhanger!

I'll bet she tells Wanda to join her or die. If Wanda does not resist, it should be easier for the turnamancer to switch her over to Faq. If Jillian "takes" Wanda, she gets Ansom and an army of decrypted. Suddenly Faq becomes a major power, allied with Jetstone, a worthy opponent of the Stanley and the Hamster. 8-)

She could love Ansom all day and play with Wanda in the Dungeon all night!
Last edited by Goshen on Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Goshen

Postby splintermute » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:27 pm

Aquillion wrote:Uh, there's no reason it would have to be at a distance. It's their turn now, and they're on a big flying mount with full move.

Forgot about that, although I'm not sure she would risk entering a hex with all of GK's ground forces (and presumably some archers) just to risk turning Ansom, and I hope they're not capable of turning from out of hex.

I guess Ansom is the most likely candidate, although Vurp would be interesting too (given Charlie's history with natural allies), especially considering all the guards in Stanley's war room are hobgobwins.

I hope it's something extraordinarily devious, though, like capturing Wanda, then breaking alliance and turning Tramennis or Sammy.
splintermute

Postby sheepfly » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:27 pm

Yup, she's going for Ansom. Saw that coming. Wonder if that means she'll let Jetstone fight for its survival on its own (particularly if grabbing Ansom does not go swimmingly).

Some difficulties, perhaps:
- Decrypted are new to this game. We don't know if they can even be turned, and neither should Jillian or Vanna.
- As Parson points out, without Wanda the decrypted might cease to exist. If Vanna can turn Ansom, Jillian might have to come back to Jetstone to save Wanda and prevent her boytoy from turning to dust.
- Vanna's almost out of juice. At least that means that Turnamancy is limited in what it can do over the course of a single turn. But will Stanley be out for that caster's head? He seems the type to take a thing like that personally.
- Tramennis as chief warlord is a bit of a wildcard. Would he countermand the king's orders if he thought he could destroy Gobwin Knob's ground forces and still have time to retreat to the capital with full archer strength?
- Parson is going to figure out who was behind this. Nuff said.

My guess, though: Ansom is confronted, won't turn, and is dusted by Jillian. Most of Wanda's decrypted warlords get dusted over Jetstone. The only way for Parson to step forward is if there is a vacancy in the role of Chief Warlord.
What would YOU say if you'd won with strength and duty and honor every time when suddenly a veiled flying zero-upkeep 100% recycled army of former friends showed up to croak you with massive numbers and bonuses and skulls with little pink flowers?

Yeah..
sheepfly

Postby chpicker » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:28 pm

Does anyone recognize the helmet that Jillian is wearing now? I've come to expect just about everything to be a reference to something else, but I don't recognize that.
chpicker

Postby seans23 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:28 pm

I guess the other caster was a hippiemancer. Woah. Intense.
seans23
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby splintermute » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:29 pm

chpicker wrote:Interesting. So, if a caster can spend "2 turns' worth" of juice on a single spell, that tells me that juice doesn't fill up to maximum each turn. Or that perhaps there IS no maximum. Either way, casters gain a certain amount of juice each turn, which they can save up over multiple turns for bigger spells.

Yay! A natural limit on the KingWorld spell. It can only be cast every second turn, assuming the caster does no other casting during those turns. Vanna presumably has juice left over because she didn't cast anything on the journey to Spacerock.
splintermute

Postby The Xenologist » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:30 pm

At least we finally have confirmation that it was charlie that she was linked with. The only possible person i could see her trying to turn would be Ansom. It would be a huge twist for her to try to turn someone like tramennis (even though i would totally love for something like that to happen) I don't think she could turn parson, that would be to big of a twist even for erfworld =P

I know a lot of people have been complaining about faq being able to end gobwin knobs turn prematurely, but as we can see from the kings reaction, this is clearly not something that has been done before (or at least not well known). Perhaps it was only possible because of the added power of the arkendish in the link with vanna and charlie? It seems to have been a two caster link, although we cant know for sure.

i also think that its entirely possible that she will attempt to croak/capture Wanda, since clearly their relationship is not what it used to be. She definitely didn't behave in the manner Wanda expected.

And also hello =P long time creeper, first time poster.
Last edited by The Xenologist on Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Xenologist

Postby Salvage » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:31 pm

WOW

The last panel of Wanda is amazing.

I am speechless... WOW
Salvage
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby chaz2323 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:32 pm

chpicker wrote:Does anyone recognize the helmet that Jillian is wearing now? I've come to expect just about everything to be a reference to something else, but I don't recognize that.

It's the University of Michigan Wolverine's football helmet. I registered just to ask why they went with it.
chaz2323

Next

Return to Reactions