Book 2 – Page 22

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Page 22

Postby multilis » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:22 pm

"Thing is, the Arkenpliers only have a special effect on uncroaked units, they don't shock living units; or heal them; or have any other effect."

Do we *know* that? Possible that arkenpliers are part of "life" axis, and an attuned healomancer would first discover their healing powers. The magic kingdom mancers do feel that Wanda is doing stuff beyond croakomancy, upsetting the magic "balance".

There are small hints that Stanley's hammer may have powers beyond the known ones, eg the walnut to pigeons. Possible a different sort of attuned person could animate a few units per turn, similar to how Sizemore can animate.
Last edited by multilis on Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
multilis

Postby Winged » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:26 pm

If it were me, I'd take wanda's dwagon and kidnap her. suddently she is holding two sides ransom. She lets wanda go, jetstone is doomed, she keeps her captive, GK is in trouble
Winged

Postby multilis » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:29 pm

Winged wrote:If it were me, I'd take wanda's dwagon and kidnap her. suddently she is holding two sides ransom. She lets wanda go, jetstone is doomed, she keeps her captive, GK is in trouble

Jetstone, being able to recall their field units (especially the casters, archers, and leadership) this turn, may not be doomed. You can't cross zones when attacker and not your turn.
multilis

Postby Dances-with-Marbits » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:39 pm

multilis wrote:Do we *know* that? Possible that arkenpliers are part of "life" axis, and an attuned healomancer would first discover their healing powers. The magic kingdom mancers do feel that Wanda is doing stuff beyond croakomancy, upsetting the magic "balance".

There are small hints that Stanley's hammer may have powers beyond the known ones, eg the walnut to pigeons. Possible a different sort of attuned person could animate a few units per turn, similar to how Sizemore can animate.

The Arkenpliers were in Jetstone's possession for Titans know how many turns, I highly doubt they have abilities that Ansom could have tapped into and wasn't aware of. Aside from that we have no idea what a warlord sees when looking at an item, do they see its abilities like when looking at a unit?
Dances-with-Marbits

Postby splintermute » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:13 pm

Dances-with-Marbits wrote:The Arkenpliers were in Jetstone's possession for Titans know how many turns, I highly doubt they have abilities that Ansom could have tapped into and wasn't aware of. Aside from that we have no idea what a warlord sees when looking at an item, do they see its abilities like when looking at a unit?

Text update 9 suggests the pliers were just kept in a vault in Spacerock, and taken into battle extremely infrequently. Just like the casters! Also, it seems as if they were only treated as a weapon, when they were allowed out - they might have had all sorts of interesting non-weapon functions for the unattuned that no-one bothered to discover. I think the extent of Jetstone's knowledge was that the current wielder wasn't attuned to them, and that they were good at hitting things, and if those things happened to be uncroaked they turned to dust.
Last edited by splintermute on Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
splintermute

Postby multilis » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:16 pm

splintermute wrote:
Dances-with-Marbits wrote:The Arkenpliers were in Jetstone's possession for Titans know how many turns, I highly doubt they have abilities that Ansom could have tapped into and wasn't aware of. Aside from that we have no idea what a warlord sees when looking at an item, do they see its abilities like when looking at a unit?

Text update 9 suggests the pliers were just kept in a vault in Spacerock, and taken into battle extremely infrequently. Just like the casters!

And Ansom wasn't attuned. It is possible that no royal unit *can* attune, which would balance their higher stats.

Possible that Jetstone was too stuck up on royalty to try giving pliers to a healomancer.
multilis

Postby Oberon » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:28 am

Dances-with-Marbits wrote:Thing is, the Arkenpliers only have a special effect on uncroaked units, they don't shock living units; or heal them; or have any other effect.
They do offer their wielder, and by extension the possibility of the wielder's stack and/or hex, an artifact bonus in combat.
How using capslock wins arguments:
Zeroberon wrote:So we know with 100% certainty that THIS IS HOW TRI-LINKS WORK, PERIOD END OF STORY.
Oberon

Previous

Return to Reactions