Page by page discussion of the comic.

Book 2 – Page 26

Postby balder » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:33 pm

New One is up.
balder

Re: Book 2 – Page 26

Postby Lord Kasavin » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:42 pm

Hmmm... Charlie is planning something.

Though this is completely crazy, I think it might be to croak Ansom (thats not the crazy part), so that Parson is promoted and put out into the field where he's vulnerable (thats the crazy). Charlie ought to know that GK is a lot less dangerous when somebody else is calling the shots.
"Act, and God will Act." - Joan of Arc

"Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt." - Thomas Moore
Lord Kasavin

Postby fjolnir » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:42 pm

Hmm, mystery objectives? Things do not look good for Mr. Cleftchin...
fjolnir

Postby Ehbobo » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:44 pm

WABO! I bet that's some sort of pop-culture reference, but I have no idea what.
Ehbobo

Postby gameboy1234 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:51 pm

Probably the objective is "croak half their force" or "kill Ansom" or something like that. At least Charlie let them off with only using half of their own force, instead of the whole thing.
"Do it?" Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome?

I did it thirty-five minutes ago.

gameboy1234
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby fjolnir » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:51 pm

Probably a partial reference to Sammy Hagar's premium tequila, Cabo Wabo...
fjolnir

Postby CelebrenIthil » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:51 pm

Ehbobo wrote:WABO! I bet that's some sort of pop-culture reference, but I have no idea what.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.ca/page/News?news_id=91295

http://www.loscabosguide.com/cabowabo/

Thank Google, I had no idea either. ;)

Edit: Blah with all the trouble I went to log in Internet Explorer since Firefox was refusing to keep me logged, got ninja'ed... :lol:
Last edited by CelebrenIthil on Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My Dwagons!
Red: Kelvin Yellow: Newton Green: Langmuir Blue: Ampere Purple: Decibel Pink: Pascal
build6 wrote:It's true, we're all gay for Tramennis, even if we're straight :-)
CelebrenIthil
Tool + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby President_Allosaurus » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:52 pm

Get it up! Come on!

I want to see these rockers defeating some Goblin Knob forces with their rocking out. Ansom can dance fight, and so can Prince Sammy, so.. showdown, hopefully?
President_Allosaurus

Postby Magothys » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:53 pm

Second time in a row I've refreshed into an update. Sweet.

Lord Kasavin wrote:Hmmm... Charlie is planning something.

Though this is completely crazy, I think it might be to croak Ansom (thats not the crazy part), so that Parson is promoted and put out into the field where he's vulnerable (thats the crazy). Charlie ought to know that GK is a lot less dangerous when somebody else is calling the shots.

That probably would make them more dangerous, but then again, he's giving input on strategy anyway, and he's much harder to hit from inside GK.
Magothys

Postby Lord Kasavin » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:58 pm

The Cabo Wabo. It appears to be the inspiration for Haggar's capital and crest... and helmets.

"Act, and God will Act." - Joan of Arc

"Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt." - Thomas Moore
Lord Kasavin

Postby atalex » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:04 pm

This update also answers the question of how the RCC2 would react to Charlie's involvement -- Tremennis at least has no problem at all with what Charlie did to Sammy, and since he suspects it might be Don King's idea, it's a good bet DK won't have a problem with it either. Slately might, but the people who are counted on to actually achieve things rather than cling mindlessly to tradition don't seem to have a problem with Charlie at all.
atalex

Postby ShinyBrownCoat » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:09 pm

Is it me, or did this page have a slightly more cartoony feel to it? Especially the last two panels.
ShinyBrownCoat

Postby Fug » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:14 pm

Guess I was fully utterly totally wrong with my conjecture that Slately wouldn't let Haggar through.

Now onto Charlie's mission!

Croaking Ansom is pretty obvious and would lead to chaos as Jillian tries to swoop in to to rescue him . . . still I thought he would really want to croak Wanda as his top objective. Oh well Bravo for leaving us with another cliff hanger.
Last edited by Fug on Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fug

Postby fruityjanitor » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:18 pm

It looks like I'm not the only one who thinks Sammy's "objective" is to croak Ansom. Things don't look good for Ansom (or Jillian)! Otoh, it is possible that Sammy's forces will fail to croak him, but manage to weaken Ansom's troops enough to allow Jillian to put her plan into action. Of course, it's also possible that the "objectives" are something completely different.

Can't wait to see how this turns out!
fruityjanitor
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby imgran » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:20 pm

Ansom is the only thing worth attacking in that entire hex. I would be willing to wager that the target is specifically Ansom. Charlie wants Ansom croaked in order to put his pawn back in line and drive her back to the confrontation over Jetstone airspace.
imgran

Postby CelebrenIthil » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:25 pm

fruityjanitor wrote:It looks like I'm not the only one who thinks Sammy's "objective" is to croak Ansom. Things don't look good for Ansom (or Jillian)! Otoh, it is possible that Sammy's forces will fail to croak him, but manage to weaken Ansom's troops enough to allow Jillian to put her plan into action. Of course, it's also possible that the "objectives" are something completely different.

Can't wait to see how this turns out!

Or maybe capture Ansom on Charlie's behalf, allowing him maybe to get some leverage/blackmail on Jillian so she's forced to follow whatever plan he got for her- she's got a terrible habit of messing up and do as she wills if left to her own devices...
But yeah,it does sounds rather ominous...
My Dwagons!
Red: Kelvin Yellow: Newton Green: Langmuir Blue: Ampere Purple: Decibel Pink: Pascal
build6 wrote:It's true, we're all gay for Tramennis, even if we're straight :-)
CelebrenIthil

Postby The Black Hand » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:37 pm

Okay, I have a theory.

Charlie may or may not have ordered Sammy to capture or croak Ansom; however, it seems obvious to me that Jillian thinks this may be the case.

Now, assuming this is the case, Jillian will likely take some kind of action. She may think she has no choice but to break alliance in order to protect the man she loves (Ansom) from people whom she believes are hellbent on eliminating him.

That being said, I think we may have seen that the strain we saw on Charlie earlier may have led him to make a tactical misstep. Let's say, for example, that he's given Sammy the following orders:

"Kill half of the enemy's pikers and as many heavies and cavalry as you can; if you can kill half the pikers and all of the heavies/cavalry before you lose half of your troops, you can pull back. Otherwise, keep fighting until you've lost half your troops, then withdraw. Oh, and if you tell anyone of these objectives, our deal is null and void."

However, since he can't tell anyone what his objectives are - and Jillian doesn't know what they are - both she and Tramennis may have assumed that Sammy's been ordered to croak Ansom if he can, or do as much damage as possible before he loses half his troops if he can't reach Ansom.

Jillian doesn't want to lose Ansom again, so she might believe she'll have to break alliance to protect him.
The strength of our future lies in our past.
-VNV Nation

There is no instance of a nation benefiting from prolonged warfare.
-Sun-tzu, The Art of War
The Black Hand

Postby Tiger » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:45 pm

The last two panels need to be redone. No offense to Xin's skill as an artist, but at the very least Tram and Jillian's facial expressions in the last panel need to be changed - as the above poster put it, they're incredibly cartoony and completely ruin the page for me.
Tiger

Postby screwtape » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:47 pm

Krikey the new artist sucks.
screwtape

Postby Ehbobo » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:48 pm

Let's see you do better. But that was probably a joke.

Anyway, as well as the last two panels I also dislike the Haggar soldiers in panel 8.
Ehbobo

Next

Return to Reactions