New One is up.
balder

Re: Book 2 – Page 33

Postby Jay » Mon May 24, 2010 9:32 am

So he can swear now?
Jay

Postby Coyfish » Mon May 24, 2010 9:36 am

And if this is not an oversight, than the fact that Maggie was not surprised or confused by the phrase must be an oversight then. Hopefully the page will be edited? Since I'm the kind of person who gets irked by these kinds of things easily.

Hello folks, registered here just to say BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP. I did not expect that Sizemore was currently hiding underneath Jetstone's capital. DID NOT EXPECT THAT AT ALL.

Which means it really is a good thing that Maggie made Parson Chief Warlord, since he's the only one who knows Sizemore was there in the first place. Aside from her of course.
Coyfish

Postby Justyn » Mon May 24, 2010 9:39 am

Hell of a place to leave things off, Rob; nice job.

Jay wrote:So he can swear now?

These forums SOOOO need a facepalm smiley.

Coyfish wrote:And if this is not an oversight, than the fact that Maggie was not surprised or confused by the phrase must be an oversight then.

Hello folks, registered here just to say BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP. I did not expect that Sizemore was currently hiding underneath Jetstone's capital. DID NOT EXPECT THAT AT ALL.

Which means it really is a good thing that Maggie made Parson Chief Warlord, since he's the only one who knows Sizemore was there in the first place. Aside from her of course.

She was referring to what Parson had Sizemore do in Book 1.
If I am acting as a mod, you will know it.
Justyn
Tool + YOTD + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Jay » Mon May 24, 2010 9:40 am

Coyfish wrote:Which means it really is a good thing that Maggie made Parson Chief Warlord, since he's the only one who knows Sizemore was there in the first place. Aside from her of course.

This is right before he blew the volcano.. I don't think we know where Sizemore is at the moment.
Jay

Postby Rajin96 » Mon May 24, 2010 9:42 am

It'll be interesting to see what Parson comes up with and if it in any way resembles Jack's plan.
Rajin96

Postby Archaic » Mon May 24, 2010 9:49 am

Coyfish wrote:And if this is not an oversight, than the fact that Maggie was not surprised or confused by the phrase must be an oversight then. Hopefully the page will be edited? Since I'm the kind of person who gets irked by these kinds of things easily.

Why does her not noticing have to be an oversight? Two possibilities off the top of my head.
a) She still heard boop.
b) She assumed it was some strange Earth word she hadn't heard yet (which she's undoubtedly heard many of by now), but was able to make a pretty good guess from the context.
Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos
Archaic
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby The Old Hack » Mon May 24, 2010 9:53 am

"Got a real ugly idea already."

For some reason, those simple words fill me with dread. When Parson says something like that, it's the Erfworld equivalent of a knell of doom.
The Old Hack
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Oglokoog » Mon May 24, 2010 9:55 am

The Old Hack wrote:"Got a real ugly idea already."

For some reason, those simple words fill me with dread. When Parson says something like that, it's the Erfworld equivalent of a knell of doom.

Dread? Well, these words fill me with exctatic expectation :D
"Per say" is a misspelling of "per se". Please use the correct spelling, otherwise it makes your feeble attempts at sounding intelligent ironical at best.
Oglokoog

Postby splintermute » Mon May 24, 2010 9:55 am

Archaic wrote:
Coyfish wrote:And if this is not an oversight, than the fact that Maggie was not surprised or confused by the phrase must be an oversight then. Hopefully the page will be edited? Since I'm the kind of person who gets irked by these kinds of things easily.

Why does her not noticing have to be an oversight? Two possibilities off the top of my head.
a) She still heard boop.
b) She assumed it was some strange Earth word she hadn't heard yet (which she's undoubtedly heard many of by now), but was able to make a pretty good guess from the context.

He seems to have been able to curse indiscriminately since Book 1 - he did it in front of Maggie during the summer updates - she's probably no longer surprised by it.
splintermute

Postby doran » Mon May 24, 2010 10:22 am

Niiiice! I've already preordered bk 2 issue 1!
Is there a rough date for book 1 yet?
If so I might combine the two.
MarbitChow wrote: Don't you get it yet? WE ARE THE MAGIC KINGDOM.
We're the people sitting around discussing our pet theories based on nomenclature, citing references, discussing ad nauseum while Parson finds out how it works.
doran
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Dancingrage » Mon May 24, 2010 10:36 am

Ah, this should prove mighty interesting from here on out.
Dancingrage

Postby enthar » Mon May 24, 2010 10:40 am

Two... Two Weeks? Argh!

Btw, Liked the camera work, it must be a pain in the boop to pan around all those facial expressions as well as adjusting the perspective constantly.

And, Jack is the go to guy for a dirty idea, natch. As to what, we have to ... no, just going to get all tense again and...

Two weeks! ARGH!
enthar
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby Ninjaguineapig » Mon May 24, 2010 10:55 am

Parson's expressions are total win. Great end to the issue. Hope his plan is really nasty.
Ninjaguineapig

Postby Firkraag » Mon May 24, 2010 10:58 am

Awww, two weeks...
Lord Firkraag, player character
Conqueror of Europe, Middle-Earth, Erathia, Myth, Faerun, Old World.
Level 10 Undead Necromancer with 12 Artifacts

Acherusis
a Neverwinter Nights 2 adventure
by Lord Firkraag
Firkraag

Postby badninja » Mon May 24, 2010 11:05 am

Nice ending here, just like an episode of Star Trek The Next Generation, yes I know Dr. Who did it better and/or first or so I've been told. Take and enjoy your vacation/break Rob and Xin that you both have well earned. Now to find another way to legally buy this comic in print form, because I have been screwed over by that PayPal system one to many times to ever use it again and I do not see the benefits of becoming a Tool.
Hell I cannot even tell the deference between old analog TV all this newfangled High Def crap. So all this higher pixel count stuff makes no difference to me. I know that being a Tool helps Rob and Xin but only offering payment through PayPal for non Tools is unusual.

On a side note but this is weird to be going to be weird to be getting part of book 2 before book 1 in print form.
I came, I saw, I had fun!
badninja
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby Elhoim » Mon May 24, 2010 11:26 am

Awesome! I loved this update.

Good luck with the sales! BTW, Wanda looks great in the cover art :D
Elhoim

Postby Welf von Ehrwald » Mon May 24, 2010 12:00 pm

Well, the hiatus is good planed, most of these two weeks I'll be in vacation anyway :) And I guess I finally need to figure out how too make an preorder and to use that Tool account.

Seems like Parson learned two important things today; never argue with someone who's job it is to think and manipulate, and never listen to subordinates, they will annoy you with arguments.

"A real ugly idea"?
It's time to shake some trees.
I love uncroaked Dora. I love an anonymous friend even more.

Only one man has understood me, and even he has not!
Welf von Ehrwald

Postby Ansan Gotti » Mon May 24, 2010 12:00 pm

Solid update. I note a few things.

1) Art is FANTASTIC, especially Parson's expressions. Also liked Maggie's touch of his arm in panel 7.

2) I am drawing some implications from this page. Even with appointing a CW in the hex itself, and even with the dwagon decrypt strategy to soak arrows, it still would not have been enough. Maggie is TOTALLY playing the personalities and knew Parson needed to be CW to be engaged in the battle, and also knew that Wanda's personal agenda made the appointment of another decrypted a bad idea. And Parson would have stood by and let things happen if he had not been appointed CW, due to his morality crisis and probably some kind of, "Well, they didn't specifically ASK me, so I didn't volunteer the strategy" dodge.

3) I bet the mind control of Stanley might come back to bite Maggie.

4) Cannot WAIT to see what his ugly idea is!
Ansan Gotti
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Dark Arbiter » Mon May 24, 2010 12:01 pm

Bah. Two weeks. :cry: I think it's safe to say that the last frame sent a little chill down my spine. The camera angle in particular. Props to Xin for that zoom-out.

Also, did anyone else get a major Spock-vibe from Maggie in this strip?
Page 33 wrote:Parson: "I don't want this."
Maggie: "Irrelevant. You are needed."

Seems very... logical.
"Well. You know."

"When life gives you crap, make Crap Golems, right?"
Dark Arbiter
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Next

Return to Reactions