Book 2 – Page 33

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Page 33

Postby ftl » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:05 pm

HailGreen28 wrote:Still the most significant part of this page: Parson can say "bullshit". He's breaking the rules more and more.

I'd say that's the least significant part of this page. He's been using swearwords freely since the end of TBfGK - it's been a year now, that isn't news anymore.
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby The Black Hand » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:25 am

raphfrk wrote:
1condor12 wrote:could the dwagons be turned into the "bricks" from the previous scenario? let them get croaked and then aim them at the archers as they fall. this was probably allready proposed.

Arrows stop at zone boundaries. It is unclear what happens to non-weapons when they hit a zone boundary, off turn.

Maybe, the 'brick principle' works. If the item doesn't have a weapon flag set, then maybe it can fall across boundaries. Ofc, if it doesn't have the weapon flag set, then maybe it cannot do damage.

I'm not so sure about that.

IIRC, the debris from the walls and tower in TBfGK crossed zone boundaries, smashing RCC troops that were in adjacent zones. Technically, these weren't weapons, just random debris from their destruction - but they still did damage.

Of course, given that GK was responding to an attack upon their city, that might be what allowed the debris to cross the zone boundaries . . .
The strength of our future lies in our past.
-VNV Nation

There is no instance of a nation benefiting from prolonged warfare.
-Sun-tzu, The Art of War
The Black Hand

Postby ftl » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:59 pm

The Black Hand wrote:I'm not so sure about that.

IIRC, the debris from the walls and tower in TBfGK crossed zone boundaries, smashing RCC troops that were in adjacent zones. Technically, these weren't weapons, just random debris from their destruction - but they still did damage.

Of course, given that GK was responding to an attack upon their city, that might be what allowed the debris to cross the zone boundaries . . .

For the defenders, everything ignores zone boundaries - when GK was under attack, GK troops could freely move between zones anyway. It's for the attacker that zone boundaries matter.
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby robak » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:26 am

The Volcano affected multiple hexes.
Last edited by SteveMB on Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Accidentally used mod edit instead of replying -- reverting
robak

Postby SteveMB » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:27 am

robak wrote:The Volcano affected multiple hexes.

And the RCC was freaked out by that, because it was supposed to be impossible.
Is this a real holy war, or just a bunch of deluded boopholes croaking each other?
SteveMB
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby HailGreen28 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:57 pm

ftl wrote:
HailGreen28 wrote:Still the most significant part of this page: Parson can say "bullshit". He's breaking the rules more and more.

I'd say that's the least significant part of this page. He's been using swearwords freely since the end of TBfGK - it's been a year now, that isn't news anymore.
OK. I thought him doing it was still a big deal.
HailGreen28

Postby joosy » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:09 am

HailGreen28 wrote:
ftl wrote:

OK. I thought him doing it was still a big deal.

It may be a big deal to Erfworld or to those with weak constitutions, but its not to Parson.
joosy

Previous

Return to Reactions