Book 2 – Parson’s Klog 002

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Book 2 – Parson’s Klog 002

Postby balder » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:58 pm

New One is up.
balder

Re: Book 2 – Parson’s Klog 002

Postby XykonEQ2 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:10 pm

Is it just me or does it stop mid-sentence?
XykonEQ2

Postby Oglokoog » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:11 pm

Almost first! ninja'd

This is really interesting. The rules of Erfworld just get more and more absurd the more Parson tries to make sense of them.
Also yes, it does. It's a log, so sentences can just continue on the next page.
"Per say" is a misspelling of "per se". Please use the correct spelling, otherwise it makes your feeble attempts at sounding intelligent ironical at best.
Oglokoog

Postby Radagast » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:12 pm

I presume that we'll never get to see the end of that sentence :p
Radagast

Postby enthar » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:28 pm

FALLING DRAGON CORPSES FTW!!

heh

Interesting that it is random. Might very well be worth risking with a decrypted dragon just to see if you can get lucky- stunned rather than incapacitated or dead.

Obviously now, the Yellows become VERY key to the whole defense. Also, how many dragon corpses do you decrypt (to soak arrows) vs. let fall (as bombs?) Did they actually give some of the expeditionary forces those dirtamancy bombs?

So many possibilities open up!

As to that last sentence, I guess next post is a Klog as well.

Enthar
enthar
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:39 pm

So that means that the FPACG Armour would not work. Pity.

But wait! The FPACG Armour was an attempt to use supposedly known Erf physics to turn a serious looking impediment into a defensive advantage. Said impediment being, you (Wanda and Co) can't shoot back at the archers.

However, said impediment DOES NOT EXIST! Well, then, nothing to see here. The situation is not as hopeless as I believed, and since the Dwagons can fire back, well, it just got standard.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby sheepfly » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:40 pm

Noooo, where is the little folded corner so I can turn the page?
What would YOU say if you'd won with strength and duty and honor every time when suddenly a veiled flying zero-upkeep 100% recycled army of former friends showed up to croak you with massive numbers and bonuses and skulls with little pink flowers?

Yeah..
sheepfly

Postby cdrcjsn » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:52 pm

So, since this conversation took place months ago in the situation room, it is very likely that Dirtamancy bombs have already been created?

So, bombs + yellow dragon bombs = dead archers on the ground. Then dragons fly low to minimize damage and living creatures jump off. Wanda animates everyone that dies (both allies and enemies).

Looks like it'll be raining hobgoblins after all.
Visit my webcomic!
http://www.familiar-ground.com
Epic Fantasy Comedy. Familiar Point of View.
cdrcjsn

Postby Radagast » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:04 pm

I wonder if there's a way they can sacrifice the dwagon that Wanda is on to get her safely on the ground?
Do so after they've already absorbed a lot of arrows and the ground is littered with corpses and then she can decrypt a whole army on the ground. Actually in theory this would work on the Tower too wouldn't it?

Could be the first city ever to fall on its own turn!
Radagast

Postby DoctorJest » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:21 pm

cdrcjsn wrote:So, bombs + yellow dragon bombs = dead archers on the ground. Then dragons fly low to minimize damage and living creatures jump off. Wanda animates everyone that dies (both allies and enemies).

Looks like it'll be raining hobgoblins after all.

IF the pliers can uncroak across boundaries. We still don't know about that either way. That would all depend on the ability of the pliers to cast across the zone boundary.
DoctorJest

Postby splintermute » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:40 pm

I don't think the Jetstone archers are in any danger from the battlecrap - I think a previous update said that they would likely be shooting from either the tower or the wall, neither of which are in the 'drop zone' - this would more likely be a way of getting troops past the zone barrier.

Also, does this mean that Bogroll's sacrifice might have been in vain, and that GK was just super lucky that the fall killed Ansom instead of just injuring or incapacitating him? I'd like to think that regardless of the outcome of Ansom's fall, Bogroll croaked him by doing some serious crushing damage.

Weirdomancy can manipulate specials! Another magic discipline (partially) unveiled!

Possible strategy - croak a dwagon and see if Wanda can decrypt it past the zone boundary; if not, create a ring of battlecrap in the courtyard to ward off outside assault, bring Wanda down as low as possible into the centre of the ring, disguised by foolamancy and armed with several healomancy scrolls, have her hop off her dwagon and hope for the best. If she survives, you can rain down troops and dwagons indiscriminately - once Wanda decrypts them, GK'll have a standing army in Jetstone's garrison (the courtyard is part of the garrison).

Also, regardless of the strategy Parson decides to use, I foresee that Banana will save the day!
Last edited by splintermute on Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
splintermute

Postby gameboy1234 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:58 pm

So this explains Ansom, Wanda, and Parson falling:

1. Ansom: just croaked when he fell off the tower/carpet when Bogroll attacked him.

2. Wanda: incapacitated when her mount was croaked as she went for the pliers.

3. Parson: fooling around with riding a dwagon, the thing "fell" off the walls to the ground with Parson on it. No real damage for either. The Titians were kind to Parson and his mount.
"Do it?" Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome?

I did it thirty-five minutes ago.

gameboy1234
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby imgran » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:21 pm

splintermute wrote:I don't think the Jetstone archers are in any danger from the battlecrap - I think a previous update said that they would likely be shooting from either the tower or the wall, neither of which are in the 'drop zone' - this would more likely be a way of getting troops past the zone barrier.

Also, does this mean that Bogroll's sacrifice might have been in vain, and that GK was just super lucky that the fall killed Ansom instead of just injuring or incapacitating him? I'd like to think that regardless of the outcome of Ansom's fall, Bogroll croaked him by doing some serious crushing damage.

Weirdomancy can negate specials! Another magic discipline (partially) unveiled!

Possible strategy - croak a dwagon and see if Wanda can decrypt it past the zone boundary; if not, create a ring of battlecrap in the courtyard to ward off outside assault, bring Wanda down as low as possible into the centre of the ring, disguised by foolamancy and armed with several healomancy scrolls, have her hop off her dwagon and hope for the best. If she survives, you can rain down troops and dwagons indiscriminately - once Wanda decrypts them, GK'll have a standing army in Jetstone's garrison (the courtyard is part of the garrison).

Also, regardless of the strategy Parson decides to use, I foresee that Banana will save the day!

What it also means is that Ansom got lucky when Wanda knociking him off his carpet with her air force didn't kill him outright. Not a lot lucky, but lucky. (had about a 33% chance of dying there, but he was just Incapacitated.

Also AAARRGGGH for finishing in midsentence!!!!!
imgran

Postby the_tick_rules » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:30 pm

Yeah is it supposed to drop midsentence? Oh and is the pic just for looks or a flashback? Cause Jack is kinda not near parson at the moment
I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
the_tick_rules

Postby Nihila » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:34 pm

the_tick_rules wrote:Yeah is it supposed to drop midsentence? Oh and is the pic just for looks or a flashback? Cause Jack is kinda not near parson at the moment

I think that the Klogs being shown are all flashbacks. Maybe Parson's reading his Klog for ideas?
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby haviel » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:56 pm

* tin foil hat on* I know what's going on now. Charlie is hacking into Parsons log right now, reading his past notes and planning around them. So the perspective is Charlie reading what Parson posted and then going backwards for more information. *hat off*

Soo wait, are all the updates gonna be klogs this book?
haviel
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Kaed » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:12 pm

I'm more interested in the last sentence that breaks off. It seems Weirdomancers are capable of manipulating people's special abilities.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:04 pm

"There's a lot of"...
A lot of what? Where is the end of that sentence?!?

"There's a lot of"...
...ways to skin a cat?
...hobgobwins in school girl outfits?
...leftovers if anyone is still hungry?

HOW COULD YOU LEAVE US HANGING LIKE THAT?!!?
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
MarbitChow

Postby Dancingrage » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:32 pm

This looks promising and purely evil. I'm looking forward to see how this all works out.
Dancingrage

Postby KiltedNinja » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:40 pm

Rob Balder ;

You sir, are an evil, evil man.

*tips hat*

Carry on sir :D

Edit:
Incidentally, the picture on the wall in the background, the one in the middle.... is it just me, or does that look like Charlie's tower..?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
...I'm still holding out for the Arkenoid...
---------------------------------------------------------------------
KiltedNinja
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Next

Return to Reactions