Book 2 – Text Updates 025

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Book 2 – Text Updates 025

Postby balder » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:45 pm

New One is up.
balder

Re: Book 2 – Text Updates 025

Postby SteveMB » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:57 pm

So, Jetstone holds two capital sites... anybody else think this is going to be important?
Is this a real holy war, or just a bunch of deluded boopholes croaking each other?
SteveMB
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Joe Falco » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:00 pm

SteveMB wrote:So, Jetstone holds two capital sites... anybody else think this is going to be important?

It doesn't have two capital cities. The capital was merely moved from one city to another. Goes to show that Jetstones prefer to have the biggest house. Of course, they're not compensating for anything. Oh no.
Joe Falco

Postby Kaed » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:01 pm

Spacerock Spacerock.

Spacerock Spacerock Spacerock? Spacerock!

xD

Also this is interesting to know that Level 5 cities emphasize a particular part of the city at the cost of others.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby SteveMB » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:04 pm

Joe Falco wrote:
SteveMB wrote:So, Jetstone holds two capital sites... anybody else think this is going to be important?

It doesn't have two capital cities. The capital was merely moved from one city to another.

Jetstone (like any side) has one capital city. The comment about "capital sites" seems to imply that a side can't have its capital just anywhere -- there are certain sites, and no others, where it's possible, and if a side doesn't have such a site it's SOL in that regard even if it still has its ruler, enough cash to rebuild, etc.
Is this a real holy war, or just a bunch of deluded boopholes croaking each other?
SteveMB

Postby multilis » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:34 pm

SteveMB wrote:The comment about "capital sites" seems to imply that a side can't have its capital just anywhere -- there are certain sites, and no others

Or it may cost shmuckers and time to upgrade a city to a capital site.
multilis

Postby multilis » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:40 pm

No comments yet on upcoming fight?

Sounds to me like Parson uses a distraction to get archers out of position followed by a suicide rush/drop to try and turn enemy forces. Key detail of archers by themselves without melee protectors, as well atrium can be used as last stand defence... or in reverse could be nasty hole for GK forces to take over if Jetstone can be lured into sending much of army out after first battle.

In Age of Wonders 2, with some units capable of turning enemy units and other units capable of immobilizing, I have won battles with much smaller numbers... involves lots of cat and mouse, distractions, etc against the AI/Computer player to split up enemy, distract some, etc.

If wanda can't decrypt across zones, and archers aren't in her zone then sounds like Parson has to risk dropping her down, he has the bracer to help calculate odds for her and may find ways to improve them.
Last edited by multilis on Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
multilis

Postby Radagast » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:41 pm

Nice play on Spaceballs.

Although I'm sad that they didn't actually take potshots at him! Obviously they have something more sinister planned? :twisted:
Radagast

Postby CelebrenIthil » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:50 pm

Well I'm relieved that Trammenis hadn't had a brain-fart and went to stroll under a battlecrap rain like a moron. :)

"Premiering now on ErfTV:" Spacerock, the battle of Spacerock"
An epic tale recounting the battle of Spacerok between Spacerok and Jetstone at Spacerock. Starring Mel Brooks as Spacerock.
"
My Dwagons!
Red: Kelvin Yellow: Newton Green: Langmuir Blue: Ampere Purple: Decibel Pink: Pascal
build6 wrote:It's true, we're all gay for Tramennis, even if we're straight :-)
CelebrenIthil
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby gameboy1234 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:14 pm

Yeah it seems that the ability to drop things is at least known, if not exploited.

I wonder what Parson's "ugly idea" is going to be? A first salvo of magic from the tower isn't something I was expecting. I guess we'll have to wait and see how Parson responds to Jetstone's effort.

Tremennis does seem to admit that the battle might be close. "Long" though "not difficult". A battle of attrition. I wonder what GK can force Jetstone to expend to little effect, or what measure GK can take to reduce Jetstone's ability to attack. As long as Wanda and a couple of other units survive, it'll count as a victory for GK.
"Do it?" Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome?

I did it thirty-five minutes ago.

gameboy1234
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Dr Pepper » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:25 pm

Ah Embassy Suites, Spacerock. Savor our fine cuisine, Enjoy our deluxe accomodations, Marvel at our spacious, climate controlled atrium.

Dodge the battlecwap.
Read, like there won't be a movie
Game, like the die rolls don't matter
Filk, like everyone is tone deaf anyway

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . .4
Dr Pepper

Postby badninja » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:43 pm

Oh man T take Jillian's advice to heart. I like the idea of two captil sites and how that could play in the future. Why do I get a feeling that any parlay is not a good idea Parson just lloves using a preconception to take out an enemy. T. vs Parson this battle is going to be one that neither participant will ever forget, even if one becomes an uncroaked.
I came, I saw, I had fun!
badninja
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby Engy » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:49 pm

What a nice Spacerock the update!

Anyway, with all the smugness radiating from Jetstone now you can practically see the sledgehammer about to fall down on them.
I'm not an Eskimo!
Engy
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Fug » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:50 pm

The comment that they would target the mounts of the casters made me consider what kind of magic wanda could cast. She is able to cast a wide variety of spells according to book 1 and doesn't seem to have used any juice thus far and may not need juice to use the pliers, freeing her up to do other things.
Fug

Postby Fug » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:54 pm

The "Stanley getting his just desserts" part is really cute- a reference to key lime pie, no? Normally you get your just deserts but I guess in erfworld you get your "just desserts." :O)
Fug

Postby RedXian » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:55 pm

I have a feeling that Parson's "Ugly" plan may rest upon whether flying creatures can Fall voluntarily and whether the riders of those falling creature are included in the Fall.
RedXian

Postby cdrcjsn » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:17 am

With all the emphasis on the air fight, it does seem likely that the ugly idea involves Wanda's group somehow leaving the airspace.

I find it interesting that it seems that Jetstone's standard operating procedure is to parley before fights.

I'm also curious as to why Wanda didn't try to take a potshot with the yellow dragons? Are dragon specials also limited to a number of charges per turn?
Visit my webcomic!
http://www.familiar-ground.com
Epic Fantasy Comedy. Familiar Point of View.
cdrcjsn

Postby ftl » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:48 am

cdrcjsn wrote:With all the emphasis on the air fight, it does seem likely that the ugly idea involves Wanda's group somehow leaving the airspace.

I find it interesting that it seems that Jetstone's standard operating procedure is to parley before fights.

I'm also curious as to why Wanda didn't try to take a potshot with the yellow dragons? Are dragon specials also limited to a number of charges per turn?

Probably limited, like archer arrows.

However, the more straighforward reason why she didn't attack may be because she wasn't paying attention - they're in their little huddle, they expect Jetstone to Parley before anything happens, and they're not looking for the little strategic opportunities that Parson would be looking for. Rushing Trem just as he got careless would probably have been a good idea, especially under the guise of foolamancy, since it seemed possible; but Wanda wasn't waiting for the dramatic entrance and was probably just thinking defensively.
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Altima » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:14 am

Not two 'capitals', but two (actually, three) level five cities, one of which is the capital--though I wouldn't be surprised if the capital gets a special defensive bonus.

Heck, GK probably has more than one level five city (the capital and then the city captured from Bea), too.

Interesting that Jetstone is getting another royal heir soon, as is Transylvito and Faq. Perhaps a new generation of CWLs raised on Parson-tactics to give him a run for his money?

cdrcjsn wrote:

Every side probably parleys before a fight. Nearly all sides in Erf are hostile to one another (with allies probably seperated by buffer zones). So in any massive, massive fight where losses are expected to be heavy on both sides, it's not so surprising that they parley and, perhaps, manage to settle their dispute without massive military losses. After all, remember Hagar--they sent all their units to Jetstone's 'aid' and someone was able to capitalize on their lack of might at the capital.
Altima

Postby atalex » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:31 am

Interesting that Jetstone is getting another royal heir soon, as is Transylvito and Faq. Perhaps a new generation of CWLs raised on Parson-tactics to give him a run for his money?

Even more interesting that Slately has no interest in making Trem the heir, nor even allowing him to remain as Chief Warlord a minute more than necessary. Not that Trem seems to mind -- he seems too much of a philosopher and strategist to want either job, which is why I still think he'll end up King of Jetstone before the day is out. I really hope we find out what Slately has against his eldest son? Is it just the fact that he is the least stereotypically "noble" of his three sons?
atalex

Next

Return to Reactions