Book 2 – Page 35

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Book 2 – Page 35

Postby balder » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:08 pm

New One is up.
balder

Re: Book 2 – Page 35

Postby The Omega » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:11 pm

Kay, Tramennis looks rather creepy in that last panel....

I am also amazed that I appear to have been lucky enough for my first post to be the first here. :mrgreen:
The Omega

Postby Radagast » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:13 pm

Ummm... is he talking about himself or Parson in the last panel?
Radagast

Postby Xenon » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:15 pm

wow, jetstone has some serious money problems here... that answers the 'hire a caster' question easy enough, if their being forced to disband troops and worse.

think tram is about to say 'charlie', he has enough clues already to work with.
Xenon

Postby Sygerrik » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:17 pm

Radagast wrote:Ummm... is he talking about himself or Parson in the last panel?

Neither. Charlie.

And isn't THAT going be a fun bombshell to drop?
I don't think Don King will care too much but Slately is going to freak out. He's being pretty candid in admitting what a poor position this war has left him in. This is not going to be pretty.
Sygerrik

Postby Shinsei » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:22 pm

I doubt it'll be anything compared to what happens when the cat gets out of the bag on a wider scale - i.e. when Parson learns what Charlie went through great lengths to conceal about his involvement. It's out in the open now, so it's only a matter of time.
Shinsei

Postby Radagast » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:34 pm

Does Parson really care? He already is virtually certain (wasn't it like 92%?) that Charlie is causing major problems for GK and will have to be dealt with at some point.
Radagast

Postby OvaltinePatrol » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:42 pm

There were two mounted dwagon heads, a an empty spot for another stuffed head. I wonder who or what its being saved for.
OvaltinePatrol

Postby Shinsei » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:43 pm

I'd say there's a few shades of difference between Charlie probably messing around behind the scenes to cut out your supply of Gobwins and Charlie secretly directing and funding the war effort to crush your side. Though in all honesty, I was more thinking of Charlie's reaction to the news - he's been pretty careful to ensure GK doesn't find out about his dealings. Well, aside from not telling Hagar to keep quiet. Woops.
Shinsei

Postby Altima » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:47 pm

Oooo, this could go extremely poorly for Charlie. Worst case scenario, everyone finds out that he's actually engineering wars, instead of simply lending aid to the highest bidder. After all, from Slately's point of view, Charlie basically switched sides in tBfGK, which directly led to GK's rise in power (and the RCC's major force destroyed and converted). Now it looks like he's doing it again by screwing over GK while at the same time, leaving Jetstone and her allies almost completely exhausted.

But yeah, I doubt Parson will care, other than to have to run a few additional calculations. Her doesn't care NOW because there's nothing more Charlie can really do to their forces at the moment.
Altima

Postby Chevalier » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:48 pm

Interesting look at the economics of warfare here - life and death even for those who aren't fighting. Also, the cost of designating an heir explains why that title doesn't just pass to Tramennis...

Tramennis's view of Charlie "running" the war sounds a lot more sinister than his simply being an invisible partner of Faq. I doubt Slately will take the news well.

*Flarf*
Chevalier

Postby gameboy1234 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:02 pm

Xenon wrote:wow, jetstone has some serious money problems here... that answers the 'hire a caster' question easy enough, if their being forced to disband troops and worse.

Yup, no "spell of plot" either. Jetstone has exactly 6 shots left in their revolver, and if they all miss, Jetstone is done. Hmmmm.

Wonder if Charlie knows that?
"Do it?" Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome?

I did it thirty-five minutes ago.

gameboy1234
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Rosa Vernal » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:10 pm

I'd bet it was Charlie he meant, but if it was Parson I would let out a small cheer for Trammenis.
RIP, Grandma. <3
Mar '29 - Oct '10
Rosa Vernal

Postby Ansan Gotti » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:11 pm

Man, Tramennis is just absolutely FABulous. And he's kinda growing on me. He clearly means Charlie, IMO.

Harvested three sourmanders... I guess that means they ate them?

I am jonesing for some action but this intrigue is becoming very interesting as well!

By the way:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flarf_poetry

EDIT: And Slately clearly appears to be embarrassed by Tramennis, and does not believe he is "fit" to lead. That King sure is an increasingly unlikeable git, isn't he?
Last edited by Ansan Gotti on Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ansan Gotti
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby spriteless » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:11 pm

Tramennis looks like a giddy little schoolgirl in the last 3 panels. I want a leather skirt like that to wear now, it would flatter my legs. :oops:

I am glad the fight is going to be in the city, because it means he is less likely to croak should the side fall. Although I guess being a captured schoolgirl could be worse.

Edit: Added a link that will ruin your life.
T'was a splendidly speedy defection.
spriteless

Postby cdrcjsn » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:21 pm

Altima wrote:Oooo, this could go extremely poorly for Charlie. Worst case scenario, everyone finds out that he's actually engineering wars, instead of simply lending aid to the highest bidder.

And if there are truthamancy spells available, Parson can give testimony to this. Heck, Wanda's archons can testify that one of Charlie's rules is to start trouble to drum up business.

Trammenis has seen Ansom captured and is probably guessing that Jillian is confident that she can turn him.

I wonder if Trammenis would actually consider offering a truce to Wanda in return for turning over Ossamer and a ton of gold, in addition to a lasting peace agreement?
Visit my webcomic!
http://www.familiar-ground.com
Epic Fantasy Comedy. Familiar Point of View.
cdrcjsn

Postby gaiaswill » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:27 pm

A funny thought occurred to me: if Charlie is "running" the RCC II's war, then the real war is really between the Tools, with the royal sides being merely proxies in this larger conflict. That would be quite the blow to the royal egos, eh?
gaiaswill

Postby Lamech » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:36 pm

Yeah, Slately will be ticked. Big time. He doesn't trust Jillian, and Haggar probably hates her guts right now. They might demand an attack. Of course, Translivito is in a bad place right now and they probably need her help. I suspect the royals might fissure after this. In fact I bet Jetstone also needs help to turn this around, I doubt those were all the dwagons, and unless all the decrypted "poof", Jetstone is still fighting a superior power. And no way their getting help from Haggar.

Even if the royals win I don't think this will be the turning point in the war unless the decrpyted disband or something. I think they might very well still fail.
Lamech

Postby BCCroaker » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:39 pm

Jetstone can't designate an heir for 16 turns, so if Slately is croaked in the meantime it is still possible that Ossomer will inherit, despite being decrypted. In that case Wanda would be in control of a major side through him. Assuming they both survive.
BCCroaker
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:26 pm

BCCroaker wrote:Jetstone can't designate an heir for 16 turns, so if Slately is croaked in the meantime it is still possible that Ossomer will inherit, despite being decrypted. In that case Wanda would be in control of a major side through him. Assuming they both survive.

I keep seeing this idea crop up, and it still doesn't make sense. When someone croaks they loose their Heir designation because they are NOT ALIVE anymore. Uncroaking or Decryping them just means that side gets a new unit with varied stats or intelligence.

If Jetstone's Heir Designate title remained mysteriously attached to Ossomer after his death, how are they supposed to declare a new one? I'd think that the Ruler of a side could tell who his Heir Designate was, and if it's for some reason working for the other side.
__

Anyway, that aside. It's interesting to see the kind of things a side can do when desperate for Schmuckers. Harvesting their own beast units for rations to lower upkeep, disbanding Garrison units. And razing a city to get some quick Schmuckers!

This will all have to be noted for that game I have been neglecting.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Next

Return to Reactions