She was 'way out in the field and on her own'
. Either that was a lie, and Jillian didn't care enough to come back when called (which wouldn't be a surprise to be honest) or this plot occured when the Croatan were weaker than ususual which makes no sense. Bear in mind that if we're trusting Jillian then those mercenary missions were the last resort
when it came to boosting the treasury.
Yes, and always for far off sides that didn't know where they were from. It's not really impossible. For example:
1) Wanda hatches plot with Stanley
2) Stanley tells Wanda, "I'll be ready a handful of Turns from now, have stuff to do for my King first"
3) Unknown to Wanda, Banhammer decides treasury is booped and orders Jillian to leave on new mission
4) Jillian flies off and is 3 or more Turns gone
5) Stanley attacks Faq and sacks it.
Or alternately Wanda just completely misestimated Faq's strength and the power of the Arkenhammer, and didn't think Jillian's absence would matter that much.
Still, she might be lying. I just don't think she is, her story rings true to me. If... incomplete.