Book 2 – Page 36

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Book 2 – Page 36

Postby balder » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:30 am

New One is up.
balder

Re: Book 2 – Page 36

Postby Knight13 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:44 am

Yet again, Parson proves to be the Only Sane Man in Erfworld.

As always, love the banter between Parson and Jack.
Knight13

Postby Megaduck » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:48 am

Awesome Dialogue. I love Jack and Parson playing off each other.

I also can't wait to see what Parson's plan is. Trem is about to learn what Ansom learned the hard way. When fighting Lord Hamster you must not give him time to plan and maneuver.
Megaduck

Postby robak » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:52 am

Awesome. Jack and Parson make the new lonely side of sane men.
But what exactly is food fight supposed to mean? That the same as the battle crap?
robak

Postby slb » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:02 am

Interesting, if Parson is involved in the "parley", then he will be known by the other sides of Erfworld. So far, except Charlie no opponents of GK know his existence (or has survived long enough to share it ;) ).

BTW, loved the way Jake tells Parson he's completely clueless about the plan :lol: .
slb
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby valce » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:04 am

Food fight? Not sure what he means...

Does Parson mean 'food fight' as in 'messy'? Food fight as in throwing stuff at each other? Or something more literal like throwing rations? :/

-V
valce

Postby Nihila » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:08 am

At first, I thought Jack meant the enemy when he said that Parson was badly outnumbered, but then I realized he was talking about the sanity thing!

Made the whole thing ten times funnier.
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby Malanthyus » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:11 am

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Loved it. Awesome job. =)
Malanthyus

Postby Menlo Marseilles » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:27 am

valce wrote:Food fight? Not sure what he means...

Does Parson mean 'food fight' as in 'messy'? Food fight as in throwing stuff at each other? Or something more literal like throwing rations? :/

-V
Hard to know exactly what he has in mind - he's got weeks of learning the game that we don't. But if I had to guess, I'd say that he means replacing a battle that could kill them with a battle that could, at best, damage their raiments and pride. Perhaps some means of dragging out the surrender until end-of-turn, or accepting and then stalling, or bringing about some kind of trick during the negotiations that keeps the other side from having any teeth when the inevitable refusal occurs.
and in despair i bowed my head
"there is no peace on erf," i said
for fate is strong and mocks the song
of peace on erf, good will to men
Menlo Marseilles

Postby GobwinPie » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:52 am

The formula continues to prove true: Jack + Parson = Win.
GobwinPie

Postby splintermute » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:58 am

Hmm - a food fight... Slately's revelation in the previous strip that they harvested Sourmanders...

A dwagon corpse is just food (until it's decrypted)
splintermute

Postby Dr Quest DFA » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:58 am

Great strip. I was particularly amused by Jack's expression upon hearing about the food fight. Xin is really getting comfortable with the character's personalities.

Also, I have no clue what Parson means by foodfight, but I am leaning towards the theory that he means it will be a messy affair with every getting a bit dirty.
Dr Quest DFA
Tool + YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby atteSmythe » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:59 am

Jack's expression in panel 10 is priceless.

Edit: Also, from what we've seen of Jack's views of their time training together, I don't believe for a moment that he thinks Parson is sane...adds a wonderful play-mocking tone. "Oh, right, you're the sane one here, how could we forget?"
atteSmythe

Postby oslecamo2 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:03 am

Awesome AWESOME dialogue! That's why I love this comic!

GobwinPie wrote:The formula continues to prove true: Jack + Parson = Win.

On the contrary, Parson fully uses all of the minions available to him for victory.

Jack just happens to be the only person who manages to grasp something of Parson's tactical genius and is thus able to hold a proper strategy conversation with him. :mrgreen:

Also, I bet the "food fight" will involve dwagons being dropped en masse.
oslecamo2

Postby BarGamer » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:10 am

Haven't posted in a while, but Jack's expression in panel 10 inspired me. XD

In a cafeteria food fight, everyone fights everyone else, with no regard for side, and with whatever is easily grabbed. It is very VERY messy, and usually, nothing is hurt except for your pride, unless you really like your hair, or that shirt, or got food allergies of some sort... As for how that translates into the comic...

You have to remember, in Erfworld, food does not exist except to be eaten, usually right then and there. My guess is, Parson is going to use some sort of "exploit" to take advantage of a weapon that the Nobles discarded as not "worthy." Probably the "Falling Mechanic?" Wanda is probably the most dignified person we've met, moreso now that she's wielding a Tool. For her to be involved in the chaos of a "food fight," orders or not, is likely to be terminal for her sense of dignity from here on out. And I look forward to HER facial expression when that happens. XD
Last edited by BarGamer on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am the Barbarian Gamer. I can roam. I can explore. I am free to make purchases or returns or forum posts of whatever I please. I'm here for the same reasons you are. One, this interests me. And two? I love Erfworld. May the Titans help me.
BarGamer
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby shujinkou » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:17 am

I think I know what Parson is talking about. We know that one of the only things you can do off turn is resupply. We also know that objects cause falling damage. Parson might just wait for them to come parlay and then buy a whole lot of food and drop it on the other troops. Thus a food fight (a deadly one).
shujinkou

Postby Welf von Ehrwald » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:19 am

robak wrote:Awesome. Jack and Parson make the new lonely side of sane men.
But what exactly is food fight supposed to mean? That the same as the battle crap?

Jack didn't really counted himself as on of Team Sane, and Parson apparently defected to the other team, so that side is gone now.

GobwinPie wrote:The formula continues to prove true: Jack + Parson = Win.

Indeed it does. :)

And: "When we get them?" That's gonna be really ugly.
I love uncroaked Dora. I love an anonymous friend even more.

Only one man has understood me, and even he has not!
Welf von Ehrwald

Postby BarGamer » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:25 am

Looking back over the Falling Mechanic post, as well as shujinkou's post, I think I found the exploit. Parson is going to use the dwagons to "capture" the ground units in the city, then drop them on other units. Since a fall of a few feet is sufficient to cause Shockamancy damage, so would a "throw" of a few feet. Unless Parson is planning to drop them on Jillian's Mega-Peeps, which are, technically, edible?
I am the Barbarian Gamer. I can roam. I can explore. I am free to make purchases or returns or forum posts of whatever I please. I'm here for the same reasons you are. One, this interests me. And two? I love Erfworld. May the Titans help me.
BarGamer

Postby Geordy » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:34 am

You know what Id like to see now?

Here we have GK with his gamer-warlord ready to use yet another exploit against his adversary. In other words he has a plan. Now dont let Jetstone being played with just so. Before things get hot let Jetstone develop their own plan.

So it would be plan vs. plan not just plan vs. victim.
Geordy

Postby Kaed » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:44 am

My theory:

Kill('harvest') the Dwagons, rain them down upon thine enemies for Falling Damage. Then, use the Arkenpliers to Decrypt whole crowds of archers along with the dragons. It's shown to be able to mass-Decrypt.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Next

Return to Reactions