New One is up.
balder

Re: Book 2 – Text Updates 027

Postby Hefesto » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:34 pm

Tame it? HAHA, good one.
Hefesto

Postby Ansan Gotti » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:34 pm

Well. THAT certainly answers a lot of questions! So Wanda wasn't an idiot and didn't underestimate Stanley's battle prowess, he just brought overwhelming force. And the mountains around FAQ sound like PRIME dwagon taming land. So many more tidbits, must consider.
Ansan Gotti
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby tgo » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:36 pm

Nice update.

So, Stanley runs into an unusually large number of dwagons on the way to a nearby city that he would be unable to capture without them. Sounds to me like this is more than just coincidence. I wonder if an effect that can prevent gobwins tribes from appearing can also be used to cause extra dwagons to spawn.....
tgo
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Rosa Vernal » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:37 pm

She turned when Stanley started attacking and then started moving between zones?

Risky, but it worked.

Also, the Tool doesn't know about Jillian.

O.O
RIP, Grandma. <3
Mar '29 - Oct '10
Rosa Vernal

Postby Angband » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:37 pm

Obligatory Gloat About Stanley Becoming An Overlord Long After Razing Faq.

And... FASCINATING update! Oh Wanda what unspeakable things have you done... what unspeakable things will you do...

Spoiler: show
...for a Klondike Bar.
Angband
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby ShinyBrownCoat » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:43 pm

Ah, Wanda...you're such a LeBron. ;)
ShinyBrownCoat

Postby Sieggy » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:44 pm

Wow` Raises more questions, though . . . do we get to hear what happened to Saline . . ? Perspiring minds want to know!

Has anyone else noticed the Gobwin Livery on the side of Stanley's dwagon? Saline's crest?
Last edited by Sieggy on Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Truth Will Set You Free. But First It Will Piss You Off.
Sieggy

Postby DevilDan » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:47 pm

Zynga?
Hahaha.
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby Altima » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:48 pm

The number of dwagons was defnitely the work of Charlie--he's screwing with the spawn rates for them, and he is currently doing the same thing right now for GK's gobwins.

EDIT: I hope the Kingsworld spell drained enough juice from Charlie that gobwins start spawning for GK again. After all, GK only needs *one* Gobwin. Of course, Charlie will probably go back to screwing the spawn rate for dwagons if GK ever builds up a gobwin force again.
Last edited by Altima on Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Altima

Postby Welf von Ehrwald » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:49 pm

So, Stanley is not so slow that he wouldn't rule out the possibility of a trap. He just interprets the facts just wrong.

And how many casters did Faq had? I assumed three, but that sounds like they had four or five.

Edit. So that#s how the old crest of GK looked like. Reminds me of that MLB sign.
I love uncroaked Dora. I love an anonymous friend even more.

Only one man has understood me, and even he has not!
Welf von Ehrwald

Postby Ansan Gotti » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:54 pm

Welf von Ehrwald wrote:Edit. So that#s how the old crest of GK looked like. Reminds me of that MLB sign.

Pretty sure that would be Stanley's old Warlord/CW crest, since he started as a piker and that's what the silhouette looks like.
Ansan Gotti

Postby Altima » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:58 pm

Welf von Ehrwald wrote:So, Stanley is not so slow that he wouldn't rule out the possibility of a trap. He just interprets the facts just wrong.

And how many casters did Faq had? I assumed three, but that sounds like they had four or five.

We only know of three--a Croakamancer, Foolamancer, and a Predictamancer. They may or may not have had a Thinkamancer to accept mercenary jobs, but one would think that if they had one, she would have linked, at some point. Or at least been aware of Wanda's turn-attempt. The number of spell defenses seems to also indicate that Faq probably had a shockamancer, too.

However, the number of casters explains why Jillian was always out on the field with mercenary jobs. When you have more casters than cities, you're in trouble!

Sorta explains Erfworld's tendency to force sides to fight. Sure, Faq was hidden and well-placed, but it was surrounded by strong, hungry sides (Transylvito and GK) and it had a large number of casters--several of which were required to actually keep Faq hidden--which I imagine drains the treasury fast of only a couple cities.

This might also explain why Wanda was so susceptable to turning. If push comes to shove, who are you going to disband--the foolamancer that keeps your cities hidden, the predictamancer that tells the foolamancer where to go, or the Croakamancer who...doesn't have anything to do?

On a side note, since it's hinted at that Transylvito is right next to Faq, and Faq is the closest enemy capital to GK, that means if Parson succeeds in gutting Jetstone, the next logical target will be Transylvito.
Altima

Postby cdrcjsn » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:00 pm

Yeah, it really does look like Charlie is behind all the troubles.

I wouldn't be surprised if it comes up in the next update that he was also responsible for instigating the original coalition against GK.

When war looms all over the world, the only one that really benefits is the one that's supplying all sides with support.

Now if Parson's role in Erfworld is to create peace, then it stands to reason that the primary antagonist in the story is Charlie, who wants to create war everywhere.

I do have one question though. Why would Charlie want to wipe out FAQ? Or did he support Stanley with the extra Dwagons just to prevent Wanda from possibly attuning to an arkentool?
Visit my webcomic!
http://www.familiar-ground.com
Epic Fantasy Comedy. Familiar Point of View.
cdrcjsn

Postby joosy » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:07 pm

Hmm.. the Predictamancer and other unknown casters are now barbarians in the Magic Kingdom. It is likely she is the one who has Janis' ear, may also be part of the guiding hands who forged the Perfect Warlord spell, and may have a significant role yet to play.

It seems Wanda was a bad bad girl. I am glad Wanda believes in Fate and not Karma as it is only a matter of when before Jillian hears some variation of this tale. This also gives more cred to the theories that Wanda was behind the promotion of Stanley to heir and the croaking of King Saline IV.

Me? I totally believe in karma. It means I can do horrible things to people and assume they deserve it.
joosy

Postby Ansan Gotti » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:12 pm

I refuse to spot Charlie behind every tree and under every bed. I think it's more likely that the mountains around FAQ are dwagon-heavy (and Parson would love to know this info, I bet).

Also, Stanley sure did swallow the bologna. Heh.
Ansan Gotti

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:24 pm

You can uncroak rulers? :o
WaterMonkey314

Postby DevilDan » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:36 pm

WaterMonkey314 wrote:You can uncroak rulers? :o

You can apparently uncroak most any humanoid unit. He wasn't a ruler anymore, much as an uncroaked caster is just another foot soldier. Presumably he retained his warlord status; we don't know if an uncroaked caster would also be able to lead troops.
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby Justyn » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:40 pm

WaterMonkey314 wrote:You can uncroak rulers? :o

After they're dead.
If I am acting as a mod, you will know it.
Justyn
Tool + YOTD + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby DevilDan » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:43 pm

If Charlie could manipulate a predictamancer to get Wanda to betray Faq to Stanley... well, that makes him way scarier than Parson.
DevilDan

Next

Return to Reactions