balder

Re: Book 2 – Page 37

Postby dogsx » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:11 am

All I've got to say: AWESOME
dogsx

Postby robak » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:12 am

Tramennis must be adopted :P
He doesn't fit in with the rest of that family.
robak

Postby Cyanshine » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:16 am

Great update! Never noticed before what a weird moustache Slately has! I commend the initiative of Trammenis, it is the sensible thing to do, but is it the right moment? Also, I was really hoping to see some food fighting action! Now I'm desperate for the next installment again!!!! When will the updates become more frequent again? :D Erfworld RULES!!!
Cyanshine

Postby Engy » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:30 am

Wasn't it Don King that called Slately a "dry turd", because he hit the nail on the head. Referring to someone who just pulled your kiester out of the frying pan a traitor doesn't seem like a sign of a diplomat.
I'm not an Eskimo!
Engy
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Icarus » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:54 am

King Slately is a likable character. I also approve of his leap before you think battle strategy. Worked for Ossomer.
Icarus

Postby Dr Pepper » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:00 am

Sumptuous! I want the Jeststone throneroom for my living room. No? Ok, i'll settle for the Radish Throne. does it come in a swivel model?

The tease continues.

Trem is going to talk to Oss, but he'll be in communication with Parson.

It's amazing how much a pair of wispy mustaches can add to one's expression.

Poor Trem, he should have popped in old Faq.
Read, like there won't be a movie
Game, like the die rolls don't matter
Filk, like everyone is tone deaf anyway

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . .4
Dr Pepper

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:01 am

Engy wrote:Wasn't it Don King that called Slately a "dry turd", because he hit the nail on the head. Referring to someone who just pulled your kiester out of the frying pan a traitor doesn't seem like a sign of a diplomat.

It's a bit more complicated than that.

See, you cannot read "But he must be a Toolist, he's attuned to a Tool!" and not feel tempted to go for a facepalm. In his obstinacy, Slately is stupid.

AND, weirdly perceptive. Because Jillian IS a traitor, which we know well enough based on her apparently honest offer to Wanda. While Charlie is always a dangerous snake.

Slately may be a fool, but he seems to know well enough how Erfworld works.

PS:

Dr Pepper wrote:Poor Trem, he should have popped in old Faq.

I detect babies switched at birth here. Somebody messed up the pop list.

PPS: wait a minute. Ewwww.
Last edited by BLANDCorporatio on Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby spriteless » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:03 am

Tramennis is toeing a dangerous line. If Slately were more of an ass or less in need he'd already be disbanded. I guess that fell into his calculations, though.
T'was a splendidly speedy defection.
spriteless

Postby Dr Pepper » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:05 am

BLANDCorporatio wrote:
PS:

Dr Pepper wrote:Poor Trem, he should have popped in old Faq.

I detect babies switched at birth here. Somebody messed up the pop list.

Ho ho! Could it be-- Jillian and her own brother? Of course, in Erfworld there's nothing wrong with that.
Read, like there won't be a movie
Game, like the die rolls don't matter
Filk, like everyone is tone deaf anyway

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . .4
Dr Pepper

Postby BCCroaker » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:56 am

Maybe the next text update will be the Charlie/Trem conversation.
BCCroaker
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby gukolai » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:14 am

Am I the only one getting a huge douchebag vibe from King Slately?
gukolai

Postby Icarus » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:24 am

gukolai wrote:Am I the only one getting a huge douchebag vibe from King Slately?

Yes...

Slately is our King!
He didn't let the quaffles in.
Icarus

Postby Arkenbomb » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:39 am

Icarus wrote:
gukolai wrote:Am I the only one getting a huge douchebag vibe from King Slately?

Yes...

Slately is our King!
He didn't let the quaffles in.

Hey now, I'm no fan of that character either, but let's try not to start a flame war.
Other than that I must agree on the notion that Jetstone and Faq seem to have gotten their heir's mixed up. Plus I get the feeling that with tramennis and everyone'es favorate foolamancer working together that Faq would never have fallen, they both seem to have a 'mad genius' thing about them, in different ways of course.
Arkenbomb

Postby Knight13 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:44 am

AND, weirdly perceptive. Because Jillian IS a traitor, which we know well enough based on her apparently honest offer to Wanda. While Charlie is always a dangerous snake.

Not quite, she offered to turn traitor, but never actually went through with it since Wanda refused. Furthermore, it seemed like she expected Wanda to refuse, which drops the likelihood of her going traitor even further.

I have to wonder how Jetstone has survived as long as it has with Slately as Ruler. He refuses to acknowledge anything that doesn't support his idea of how Erfworld works.
Knight13

Postby Davre » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:56 am

Knight13 wrote:I have to wonder how Jetstone has survived as long as it has with Slately as Ruler. He refuses to acknowledge anything that doesn't support his idea of how Erfworld works.

It's possible that they way he thinks it works really was the way it worked, or close enough, up until relatively recently.
Davre

Postby Davre » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:57 am

Dr Pepper wrote:Sumptuous! I want the Jeststone throneroom for my living room. No? Ok, i'll settle for the Radish Throne. does it come in a swivel model?

I don't think that's the throneroom.
Davre

Postby Megaduck » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:25 am

Davre wrote:
Knight13 wrote:I have to wonder how Jetstone has survived as long as it has with Slately as Ruler. He refuses to acknowledge anything that doesn't support his idea of how Erfworld works.

It's possible that they way he thinks it works really was the way it worked, or close enough, up until relatively recently.

I have to agree with that. Up until about 2 months ago (Erf Time) Slately was ruler of one of the most powerful sides in the area. If a certain Hamster hadn't intervened he would have crushed the biggest threat to Royalty in the area.

Now his world has been turned upside down. His side was almost destroyed, his titanic mandate is in question, people are using spells and abilities that not only does he not understand they shouldn't even be possible, the formerly despised mercenary is being uppity. Oh yes, and he's lost two sons now and they've been turned into cruel mockeries of everything he's ever loved.

What could even be worse is the loss of control. At this point, Slately is simply a bit player, all the major decisions are being made by someone else. Trem for one but also the barely royal Jillian and the not-even-resembling Royal Charlie. Three months ago Jillian came to him and waited on his whim, today she has the gall to tell him to never to give her orders, ignores orders that he has given, doesn't include him in her plans, and basically treats him like a mushroom.
Megaduck

Postby doran » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:26 am

This comic is an interesting contrast and comparision to how Slately thought earlier.
MarbitChow wrote: Don't you get it yet? WE ARE THE MAGIC KINGDOM.
We're the people sitting around discussing our pet theories based on nomenclature, citing references, discussing ad nauseum while Parson finds out how it works.
doran
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Sieggy » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:29 am

I really like the way Tremennis thinks . . . there are very few generals who question the basis for their war in the middle of it. Trem is wondering just WTF is really going on here? There are just WAY too many strings being pulled, and he's going to get it puzzled out if he can, before initiating combat. Which means, of course, that his parley with Parson is going to epic verbal warfare, on a most civilized level. And that Slately will somehow cock it all up . . .
The Truth Will Set You Free. But First It Will Piss You Off.
Sieggy

Next

Return to Reactions