Book 2 – Page 38

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Page 38

Postby Nihila » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:38 am

I<3ChocolateMilk wrote:Don't like it? Jog on, then. But don't sit here and try to dictate to the rest of us what can or cannot, or what should or should not be. We are in no better a position than you to change the fact that this is someone else's dream/vision.

Kingworld happened. Charlie was involved. It's done. Now either suck it up, or go read something written in a more rational and believable fashion.

Ahem. Gratuitous self-quoting time.
Nihila wrote:Also, people who criticize a work do not necessarily think that it is a bad work, just that it could be better. The "don't like it, don't read it" argument is simply rude, and I would prefer not to be told that I do not enjoy a work which I do enjoy simply because I criticize it.
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby I<3ChocolateMilk » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:44 am

Nihila wrote:
I<3ChocolateMilk wrote:Don't like it? Jog on, then. But don't sit here and try to dictate to the rest of us what can or cannot, or what should or should not be. We are in no better a position than you to change the fact that this is someone else's dream/vision.

Kingworld happened. Charlie was involved. It's done. Now either suck it up, or go read something written in a more rational and believable fashion.

Ahem. Gratuitous self-quoting time.
Nihila wrote:Also, people who criticize a work do not necessarily think that it is a bad work, just that it could be better. The "don't like it, don't read it" argument is simply rude, and I would prefer not to be told that I do not enjoy a work which I do enjoy simply because I criticize it.

You mean "justifying argumentative behaviour."
I<3ChocolateMilk

Postby joosy » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:11 pm

splintermute wrote:Yes, but if he didn't put in Kingworld, how would he have gotten Jillian to say "Let's do the time warp", which is what all the pop culture references in book 2 up to that point had been leading up to?

I was so hoping to see Ansom depicted as Rocky and Parson as Eddie but alas..
joosy

Postby Chris Goodwin » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:37 pm

joosy wrote:
splintermute wrote:Yes, but if he didn't put in Kingworld, how would he have gotten Jillian to say "Let's do the time warp", which is what all the pop culture references in book 2 up to that point had been leading up to?

Would you settle for Ossomer as Rocky and Ansom as Brad? :D
Chris Goodwin

Postby DevilDan » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:28 pm

I<3ChocolateMilk wrote:You mean "justifying argumentative behaviour."

What in this forum has led you to believe that any justification is needed?
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby I<3ChocolateMilk » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:07 am

DevilDan wrote:
I<3ChocolateMilk wrote:You mean "justifying argumentative behaviour."

What in this forum has led you to believe that any justification is needed?

Ha! Good point!
I<3ChocolateMilk

Postby I<3ChocolateMilk » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:13 am

Chris Goodwin wrote:
joosy wrote:

Would you settle for Ossomer as Rocky and Ansom as Brad? :D

I think Tram would've made a better Brad, and Ansom a better Rocky. Osso would make a great Eddie.
I'm glad we missed the whole Brad & Janet thing, though. It would've been weird seeing two characters running around the panels in their tighty whities.
I<3ChocolateMilk

Postby Raza » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:16 pm

splintermute wrote:Also - extreme (and unlikely) tinfoilhattery:
What if the real "smiling Parson" ended the thinkagram at "Stay alive, Wanda," and Charlie, hacking into the thinkagram, added "stern Parson's" "By any means. That's an order," thereby giving Wanda license to defect?

My guess would be that this wouldn't work. Order giving is natural thinkamancy, not just words. Charlie cannot give her an Erfworld-order (or perhaps he could, but that'd be a spell apart), and saying it without the underlying prod in game mechanics would probably be noticeably odd to Wanda.
Raza

Postby paint » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:20 am

Nayl wrote:Different topic. Panel 9 - that's a decidedly different look for Parson. Thinner, more handsome, even dashing. Makes me wonder, are we seeing a direct represen
tation, or is that how Maggie sees him? Hmmmm?

worlds just making him into the image of the perfect warlord .... by signamancy and forced diet. (second reference, magic doesn't "create" new so much as modifies whats already there.)

Parsons case is drastic ,
Spoiler: show
ImageImage

example:
although not as notable ,
same thing happened to Jillian , when she became queen . the world molds it's characters

Turns since TBfGK: 18

The Signs were all over her. It was interesting to see. Her hair was just a little longer every turn. Her cheeks were just a bit rounder. She was losing muscle tone, but acquiring a grace in her posture.

It gave Vinny some hope that she wouldn't croak him when she understood what he was asking.

He'd never actually seen anyone before and after they became a Ruler. Like anything, it changed you. The Signamancers claimed that all Stuff was Foolamancy. Our bodies and all the things we see and touch were supposed to only be Signs: symbols of their true nature. Vinny didn't know about all that, but a person's appearance was definitely a Sign. It told you how they think about themselves. And how others see them.

Nothing changes those things so suddenly and drastically as taking the throne. She was fighting it. She was denying it. But Queen Jillian was becoming more mature, more of a monarch every day. Can't hide the Signs.

so whats happening is part of the spell. yes the "means" may be diet and exercise but it's fated to happen , and it is the means the spell is using to meet it's ends .
Parson dosn't seem to care or that he is tiring to effect it in anyway (ie: he is not exactly going above and beyond the duty he has to do or voluntarily working out ,). .
he just taking note that it's happening , and accepting it .
paint

Previous

Return to Reactions