New One is up.
balder

Re: Book 2 – Page 39

Postby Xenon » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:10 pm

aw, charlie is trying to be charming
Xenon

Postby Engy » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:10 pm

Wow, charlie gets absolutely nasty when people don't follow his plans.
I'm not an Eskimo!
Engy
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby name lips » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:13 pm

He's appearing as the shapes from Lucky Charms. Or Luckamancy charms. Which are a kind of Marbit.

Not sure where I'm going with this. But I'm sure somebody can come up with an appropriate conspiracy theory.

And it DOES seem like he was eavesdropping on the thinkagram. He seems certain that Wanda's group will do "something" and Spacerock will be destroyed. He must know Parson's plan, and know that he has no way of stopping it....

....except perhaps by spilling the beans to his new friend Treminous....
name lips

Postby Emmerson Grant » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:18 pm

Well, to me that confirms that Charlie has been eavesdropping every single conversation in Erfworld (hey, if you were a master-class thinkamancer, wouldn't you?)
Only good thing I can think can come out of this clusterboop is that Parsons will catch up to the fact that the thinkagrams are really a party-line.

Let's hope Parsons starts feeding false info via the thinkagrams, to boop up Charlie.
Emmerson Grant

Postby williamaulbach » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:20 pm

HOLY CRAP!!! Is it me or the art getting better and better every installment!? i mean this was really really good. KEEP IT UP!

also, Charly, dont be a douche, you knew parson was ganna mess everything up to begin with. so why blame jillian.
williamaulbach

Postby williamaulbach » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:23 pm

oh and jillian is screwed! no charly, which means doubtful turning of ansom, along with no money to keep up her fleet of flyers. provided once trans figures out why she really left the battle space with GK.

love is really blind.
williamaulbach

Postby enthar » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:26 pm

Oooh dissed by Charlie!

So, now Parson's plans get spilled to Jetstone. But at what price i wonder? Free? Future considerations?

And with Jillian cut off from one of her suppliers, that means Vanna is going back to the Magic Kingdom I guess?

enthar
enthar
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby Dancingrage » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:30 pm

The boop has officially hit the fan.

Charlie's advice to Tramennis: Run and as fast/far as you can, cos Parson's gonna wipe the floor with you even tho it's your turn.
Dancingrage

Postby Chris Goodwin » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:30 pm

Jillian still has some money, I think. Came out of Jetstone and Transylvito's treasuries, not to mention from Charlie. But it's all about to be moot.

Recall, Tramennis is trying to find out what Charlie is up to. He may actually get some info. But he already knew Charlie has been playing everyone in the battlespace; he just doesn't know why and to what extent.

So, now Parson's plans get spilled to Jetstone. But at what price i wonder? Free? Future considerations?

I seriously doubt Jillian believes him. She won't until she gets back to Jetstone and finds a razed city site. (Recall, people tend not to believe information he gives away for free, only what he charges an arm and a leg for.)
Chris Goodwin

Postby fjolnir » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:31 pm

Charlie is angry because his one BIG trump card is wasted and he no longer has an agent near enough to Jetstone to affect what is going to happen there, it looks like erfworld's strongest Thinkamancer is going to have to go on the offensive sooner rather than later in order to attempt to mop this up on his own terms since Jillian dicked it, HARD.

Also, am I the only one who smiled brightly when Charlie appeared before Tremmenis as the Rainbow?

I would assume that Jillian has THIS turn with Vanna before she has to send her packing to the MK, since her secret sugar daddy dried up, so we'll prolly see the attempted breaking/turning of Ansom sooner rather than later
fjolnir

Postby Nihila » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:32 pm

Ugh. I hope that Charlie's just frightening Jill-Sue. Mainly because if he is eavesdropping on Parson's Thinkagram, I'll expect an explanation for why he doesn't eavesdrop on every Thinkagram on Erfworld.

Charlie Luckamancy Charms! Five evil, manipulative boops in every mouthful!
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby fjolnir » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:37 pm

Nihila wrote:Ugh. I hope that Charlie's just frightening Jill-Sue. Mainly because if he is eavesdropping on Parson's Thinkagram, I'll expect an explanation for why he doesn't eavesdrop on every Thinkagram on Erfworld.

I assume it costs both juice and time away from his completely mind-booped Archon army to eavesdrop on thinkagrams, and this one has SERIOUS business implications for him because if Jetstone falls, anti-Toolist royals will be making their way towards HIM with his single city and very spread out troop base rather than the GK faction with it's 2 attuned wielders and large amount of hostile territory...
fjolnir

Postby Ansan Gotti » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:40 pm

Nihila wrote:Ugh. I hope that Charlie's just frightening Jill-Sue. Mainly because if he is eavesdropping on Parson's Thinkagram, I'll expect an explanation for why he doesn't eavesdrop on every Thinkagram on Erfworld.

I don't like the mechanic overly much, either, but to be fair, why should he care about the vast majority of thinkagrams? But ever since TBFGK, it would totally make sense for him to eavesdrop on every single thinkagram involving Maggie. Or at a bare minimum, every single thinkagram involving Maggie on critical turns.

This was an utterly delicious page, by the way. Love how Charlie just moves from one to the next, all businesslike.
Ansan Gotti
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby ftl » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:41 pm

Yeah, looks like Charlie really can eavesdrop on thinkagrams, people who guessed that way were probably right. How else would he know what GK is up to? Sadface. Makes sense, given his other powers, though I wish it were revealed in some other way rather than "GK's about to do something epic, lets point out something new Charlie can do that will stop it!" Well, I suppose it hasn't happened yet, so I'll wait and see how it plays out.

Also, Charlie's not a tuna, he's a marbit! Love the luckamancy charms. I wonder what they mean? Charlie's trying his best to appear light and fluffy when he's teething with rage?

Also, it looks like Charlie's bypassing the Archons for these conversations. Charlie also sounds terse and desperate. That is rare. Charlie's been doing lots of un-Charlie things recently. The War of the Tools really is getting to him. Why is that? Parson? Arkentools?

I'm very curious as to how the battle will play out - somebody's got to croak, lots of somebodies have got to croak. I have no idea how it'll end up anymore. After hearing the plan (presumably) Charlie seems convinced Spacerock will burn. Sylvia said so too. Is it really true?

Jillian has been built up as invincible, and I'm certainly hoping for that to be a big buildup before a fall. However, Parson's plan is now reaching the same proportions. Epic plan, everyone seems convinced it's awesome... it's going to explode, badly. Well, knowing Parson, it'll explode and croak everyone in the vicinity, ally and enemy alike.

I can't wait for GK to try to actually take on Charlie directly. I wonder if that will ever happen.
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Ansan Gotti » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:42 pm

Oh, and I note with interest that although Kingworld took almost two turns worth of juice for Vanna, it doesn't appear to have taken two turns worth of juice for Charlie. Assuming eavesdropping on thinkagrams costs more than a trivial amount of juice, anyway.
Ansan Gotti

Postby Radagast » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:45 pm

Wouldn't it be funny if Charlie *can* eavesdrop on Thinkagrams but NOT on the EyeBooks (unless directed at him)? And here merely "pinged" Parson in the EyeBook to get him using Thinkagrams?
Radagast

Postby Direcoyote » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:45 pm

You've got to love that final "Break" there. Poor Jillian. She tries so hard to win completely. Hrrm... a thought just struck me about how Jetstone COULD survive the loss of spacerock. What if Charlie lent the money to make Tremannis a heir?
Last edited by Direcoyote on Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Direcoyote

Postby CorrTerek » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:50 pm

ftl wrote:Yeah, looks like Charlie really can eavesdrop on thinkagrams, people who guessed that way were probably right. How else would he know what GK is up to? Sadface. Makes sense, given his other powers, though I wish it were revealed in some other way rather than "GK's about to do something epic, lets point out something new Charlie can do that will stop it!" Well, I suppose it hasn't happened yet, so I'll wait and see how it plays out.

Given Charlie's attitude, I don't think Charlie's newly-revealed ability to eavesdrop on Thinkagrams will stop what Parson's about to do. He seems convinced that Spacerock is going down, and apparently he feels that warning Trammenis won't change things. So it'll be interesting to see what happens here, and whether Charlie's eavesdropping will be revealed to his enemies/allies.
CorrTerek

Postby Ansan Gotti » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:53 pm

Direcoyote wrote:You've got to love that final "Break" there. Poor Jillian. She tries so hard to win completely. Hrrm... a thought just struck me about how Jetstone COULD survive the loss of spacerock. What if Charlie lent the money to make Tremannis a heir?

I was thinking along the same lines. Here's some cash to make yourself heir, now get out of the city and hightail it back to Jetstone's original capital and restart your side.

The kicker would be convincing Tramennis to go along, however! Seems like a tall tale to swallow, and even if Tramennis did, I can't imagine Slately ever would.

Perhaps Charlie will be like Cassandra from Greek mythology here, predicting the future but no one will believe him.
Ansan Gotti

Next

Return to Reactions