Book 2 – Page 42

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Book 2 – Page 42

Postby balder » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:20 am

balder

Re: Book 2 – Page 42

Postby luxgladius » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:24 am

So, it was that easy? Nice! But making a run through the Magic Kingdom is going to majorly piss off a bunch of Barbarian casters. Hope it doesn't bite him in the ass later.
luxgladius

Postby turbler » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:31 am

Parson is... fighting? Sure, it'll appease his morality and whatnot... but yeesh. He's low level, his bonus is pretty bad... and the magic kingdom wasn't too fond of him the first time.
turbler

Postby anaxx » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:33 am

Do we know where the portal is in Jetstone? Where's Parson gonna pop out?
anaxx

Postby Morak » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:38 am

I wonder how fast he will start leveling as he starts participating in battles.
Morak

Postby sleepymancer » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:47 am

I can't help but feel that this is going to come back and bite him. I mean to say, crossing hex boundaries should be like swearing for him; simply having the right frame of mind and conviction should allow him to cross boundaries on or off turn. Of course, a dramatic climax might have been required to [l]earn such a power. By opting into the system, has he made himself more of a unit and less of an outsider or player? His humanity is denying his human nature on the board.

Still, I can't wait to see how it turns out
I tend to witter on, produce copious typos and run off on nonsensical tangents. If I've done this here, please forgive me :D
I also get a bit obstinate and argumentative. If I'm not budging or understanding your counterargument call me on my manners
sleepymancer

Postby oslecamo2 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:49 am

+1 to the leveling thing. Parson has the brains, but he doesn't have the stats yet. Hes telling himself is for honor, but it's probably his subconscious telling him he really could use some levels.

Plus we saw on GK's last stand that Hamster could pack quite a punch.

It also prevents Charlie from pulling any shenigans to try to disrupt long-range orders relayed trough thinkmancy.

Be afraid, Jetstone, be very afraid! :mrgreen:
oslecamo2

Postby darkgolem » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:56 am

Wow. Parson got over his emo and is going all Keanu Reeves.
darkgolem

Postby Squishalot » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:58 am

Given all the portals are in roughly the same area, it shouldn't take too much of a sprint to get from GK's portal to Jetstone's. More the question will be whether he can do it without being vaporised by the casters guarding the GK portal. Though perhaps enough time has passed for the guard to relent a little.

Parson should have promoted himself a long time ago. I wonder how much his promotion cost though - if he costs over a thousand schmuckers a turn in upkeep, who only knows how much budget he blew just then. But he must honestly believe that it's going to work, otherwise Duty would stop him from doing it.
Squishalot

Postby darkgolem » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:33 am

Actually, as he is a caster I am pretty sure that he has every right to enter the portal, and if the casters at the magic kingdom thought about it, they would realize that. Just because he also happens to be a warlord doesn't mean he isn't a caster. After all, as the end of Book 1 he DID cast a spell, and the grand mistress hippiemancer whatsername said he is a hippiemancer (or whatever they are called).
darkgolem

Postby Swodaems » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:35 am

Magical items are great. But what he really needs is a big shield. He'll be porting directly into Jetstone's portal room and garrison. I can see serious benifits to carrying around what most reasonalbe beings in Erfworld would call a small wall.

BTW Charlie is on a call right now. If he could listen to thinkagrams, we've seen evidence the ability requires his concentration. This is going to come as a suprise to him and to Jetstone.
Swodaems

Postby HandofShadows » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:37 am

That was interesting. Pason didn't tell Wanda about this so Charlie has not idea what he is doing. I bet this will royaly boop Chariles plans and it will give Tram a chance to talk to Parson directly (and without Charlie being oble to ease drop on the conversation). :o
HandofShadows

Postby DyneBlack » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:40 am

darkgolem wrote:After all, as the end of Book 1 he DID cast a spell, and the grand mistress hippiemancer whatsername said he is a hippiemancer (or whatever they are called).

What spell did he cast at the end of book 1? I'm not aware he ever successfully casts a spell.

Dyne
Dyne
DyneBlack

Postby hajo » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:41 am

Squishalot wrote:Parson should have promoted himself a long time ago.

It has been just a few minutes since he has been promoted to chief warlord again, so he couldn't do it before.

I wonder, if he said he considered this situation, why didn't he look thru the equipment in the armory,
and select, try out and have something fitted for him some time ago ?
-HaJo

You Only Live Twice or so it seems,
One life 'till you croak, and one 'till you dust.
hajo

Postby Azukar » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:55 am

Are we sure he's talking about going in via the Magic Kingdom? He might mean something to do with Linking the two casters, or Titans know what else...

Now saying anyone's wrong, just wondering why we assumed that straight up?
---

-Az
Azukar

Postby DyneBlack » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:57 am

As parson is presumably about to travel through the Magic Kingdom we may still be able to see Sizemore talk to that pridictomancer after all.

Dyne
Dyne
DyneBlack

Postby Magothys » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:23 am

Wasn't he going to the armory in page 40? Now he's just asking if there's a twoll there. Either it's an extension of page 40's conversation or he's trying to save time?
Magothys

Postby Vorteks » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:25 am

:shock:

Whoa.

I was NOT expecting that. Awesome twist.

I agree though that this seems really dangerous. He's only level 2, he'd be surrounded by enemies in Jetstone, not to mention the potential obstacles in the Magic Kingdom. The odds of him being croaked or captured seem high.

Then again, being captured and made to fight for another side AGAINST Gobwin Knob would make for an interesting Book 3 I suppose... :-)
Vorteks
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Emmerson Grant » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:32 am

I'd love to see a Combat Ready Parson action figure. I wonder what kind of neat classic cartoon & D&D weaponry he's going to get.

And Charlie has just given Tramennis a dossier full of obsolete information. Charlie is so gonna get it...
Emmerson Grant

Postby darkgolem » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:49 am

Parson tried to use luckamancy here: http://www.erfworld.com/wp-content/uplo ... k1/129.jpg thought it could not have worked. However, he certainly was lucky following that, and it may be that that magic doesn't show an effect when used.

Also, he was called a hippiemancer here: http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F140.jpg
darkgolem

Next

Return to Reactions