Book 2 – Text Updates 032

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Text Updates 032

Postby Lamech » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:03 pm

multilis wrote:Sizemore recently had a female friend, if this was cold war in real life would look very suspicious of being "honey trap" spy method, perhaps to plant some sort of suggestion spell.
Something tells me that the casters would not want to start throwing around attack spells in their precious peaceful kingdom, and would react very poorly to Charlie even asking for a caster to throw a suggestion. I suppose that Charlie could try his dish. He might even get away with it for quite a long time. But it would still be a huge risk; new spells are being developed all the time in the MK, and if he's caught he'll never get their trust back. And he will have a lot of casters pissed at him.

Although an MK spy seems likely. May have even overheard Sizemore and Janice talking.
Lamech

Postby effataigus » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:25 pm

cdrcjsn wrote:Is this actually stated anywhere, that Parson is a heavy unit?

http://www.erfworld.com/summer-update-2 ... inting.png

This is the best evidence I can find for it... Maggie saying it's likely.
effataigus

Postby Oberon » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:40 pm

effataigus wrote:
cdrcjsn wrote:Is this actually stated anywhere, that Parson is a heavy unit?

http://www.erfworld.com/summer-update-2 ... inting.png

This is the best evidence I can find for it... Maggie saying it's likely.
Here is the relevant exchange:
Parson: "Yeah, but I should still be able to get on a mount, right?"

Maggie: "Ummmm. Not if you're a heavy unit. Which...I think is likely."

The context seems to be stating that were Parson a heavy unit he would not even be able to get on a mount. But he did get on the dwagon, and even attempted flight. Which, if Maggie was completely correct (and Maggie and Sizemore have always been shown to be reliable advisors), means that Parson is not a heavy unit.

Summer Update 32 wrote:On the third of three undignified tries, Parson got into the saddle. Planting his armored belly on the saddle horn and swinging his leg over the creature's back could not possibly be the best way to get mounted, but it got him there. The dwagon grunted and snorted in discomfort, or possibly simple disbelief at the situation.

Parson picked up the reins. He squirmed into a sitting position that his crotch could live with, and grinned at Sizemore. He knew he had to look like the fat kid on the coin-op ride outside Kmart. Hell, he'd been that kid once. Sizemore looked disapproving, but said nothing.
How using capslock wins arguments:
Zeroberon wrote:So we know with 100% certainty that THIS IS HOW TRI-LINKS WORK, PERIOD END OF STORY.
Oberon

Postby zilfallon » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:30 am

Oberon, i don't think just sitting on a dwagon counts as "mounting". A twoll can get on top of a dwagon too, probably. Just an opinion, though.

Also,
Sizemore seemed to be getting cranky. "The turn's over," he said, with a little scowl. "And if you're really a garrison unit, you couldn't leave the city on a mount anyway."

Maggie walked up, holding her empty helmet. She picked up a napkin and covered it, and inserted it into the picnic basket.

"Yeah, but I should still be able to get on a mount, right?"

"Ummmm. Not if you're a heavy unit. Which...I think is likely."

This dialogue says that garrison units can't leave the city even on a mount, but they are still able to mount, unless they are heavies.
rkyeun wrote:Roses are red.
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Previous

Return to Reactions