Book 2 – Page 43

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Book 2 – Page 43

Postby balder » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:34 am

New One is up.
balder

Re: Book 2 – Page 43

Postby Vorteks » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:39 am

I love the speed lines in the last panel, looks like Tramennis is jumping up with excitement at the prospect of talking to Parson!

What? No. I'm not visiting the site at nearly 5:00am. Why do you ask?
Vorteks
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby robak » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:45 am

Wow, Tramennis IS a smart guy.
robak

Postby Whispri » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:48 am

I do so hope we get to see the look on his face when the attack is launched.

Is this proof that Charie didn't manage to listen in on the Wanda-Parson Thinkagram?
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:48 am

Aaaaaarrrrgh, get on with it!

Trem wants to propose a parley. Interesting, but we know the parley is too expensive to be accepted. Wanda shall not croak just yet, for Jillian is not there to croak her. So the story sets up an event that we all know is just a delay from the actual significant stuff.

OTOH, why not, Parson and Trem butting heads was clamored for ever since Trem showed up, it makes sense, and the meeting could really be something to watch. If it's a delay, at least it will be an interesting one.

Spoiler: show
And it will be a huge whopper when Jetstone and GK actually ally, but for terms much more favourable to GK :twisted:

Vorteks wrote:What? No. I'm not visiting the site at nearly 5:00am. Why do you ask?

Time-zones are magical. Nobody would know, without knowing your location, that you waste nights on the internets. No need to bring attention to your filthy habits, young (I presume) man :P
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Morthe » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:48 am

[delete]Isn't the 'intelligence' delivered by Charly wrong in the first sentence? Ansom was killed during the volcano eruption and not during parley?[/delete]
So Charley tries really to influence Jetstone from not talking to Parson...

edit: nvm. i forgot bogroll's heroic two-level attack
Morthe
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby ftl » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:55 am

WHAT. I saw that the comic was posted at such an odd hour... ...and that there's already a healthy discussion going at 2AM PST. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU ALL. ...the same thing that is wrong with me, we like this comic too much :oops:

Mechanistic comment - this throws a minor monkey wrench into the Charlie-can-intercept-thinkagrams camp. Charlie gave Tram lots of old data to scare him - but nothing new. So maybe we were wrong, there's no new tapping going on, maybe Charlie is just that terrified of Parson. Or maybe Charlie just doesn't want to show his hand.

(Re, Morthe: Yes, Ansom WAS killed by the fake parley. Bogroll was veiled as Hamster, and killed Ansom immediately. Sylvia picked up the pliers and led the final attack - even without Ansom, it was enough to overwhelm GK, which was when Parson pulled the volcano trick.)

Tramennis is getting ahead of himself. This battle is not over. Parson's doing something.

I no longer have *any* idea where this comic is going to go. Slately probably has to croak, but what situation will Tram find himself in? I love Tramennis to death, he's such a wildcard, but in such a completely different way from Parson. I am SO looking forward to any interactions they have. But, following the usual rules of storytelling, since we know of Tram's plans for forcing an alliance, there's no way they actually go through :( Heck, I'll even be *sad* when Parson croaks him.

The art is as usual gorgeous.
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:59 am

ftl wrote:But, following the usual rules of storytelling, since we know of Tram's plans for forcing an alliance, there's no way they actually go through :( Heck, I'll even be *sad* when Parson croaks him.

Guys. Guys.

Trem is one of the top-3 named immortal characters right now. He's even got a better chance of living through this than Parson does.

And for those who will disagree with that last statement, hyperbole, look it up.

But seriously, Trem dying would be about as surprising as the Erf skies splitting, and an Avatar of Rob ordering everyone to just get along.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby The Shadow » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:00 am

I find it interesting that Trem apparently has no hard feelings over how Ansom died. He obviously cared (cares?) for his brothers a great deal. But his fascination for Parson is apparently overriding.
The Shadow
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Dr Pepper » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:04 am

robak wrote:Wow, Tramennis IS a smart guy.

Perhaps a little too smart for his own good. In spite of his cleverness he can't resist chicken counting.

However, note the reference to a contract with a penalty clause. I had suspected for some time that in Erf these things are self enforcing, and that's definitely the impression given here.
Read, like there won't be a movie
Game, like the die rolls don't matter
Filk, like everyone is tone deaf anyway

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . .4
Dr Pepper

Postby zilfallon » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:05 am

"sigh" Charlie made a mistake it seems. He couldn't convince Tram not to parley by giving him information, instead, it made him more eager to parley.

It seems that Jetstone is screwed, not only Jetstone, but the coalition.

"Gobwin Knob could still eventually crush the coalition, even without the ability to decrypt our fallen."

Charlie will regret giving away information, it seems that Jetstone is screwed.
rkyeun wrote:Roses are red.
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Postby Snowtitan » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:22 am

It's interesting to note that Tram (Via Charlie) Called parson a Mathemancer, when Janice told the assembled casters at MK that he was a hippiemancer.
suggests he's getting his data from Parson's eyebook (Think he still makes notes in it), but not from MK casters.

PS. it's 10pm here, so Good timing for a change

[Edit]Also where did the stationary come from, is there some kind of thinkamancy printer. it's got charlescom's logo on it
Oh no.. not again.
Snowtitan

Postby Ambug666 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:54 am

Snowtitan wrote:[Edit]Also where did the stationary come from, is there some kind of thinkamancy printer. it's got charlescom's logo on it

I'm sure they just pulled it out of a hat somewhere.
Ambug666

Postby Dancingrage » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:15 am

The thing about this being Tramennis isn't dumb enough to fall for what would have been an obvious ruse, especially since he's been properly warned about Parson doing stuff like this in the past. What makes this even more entertaining is Parson's already on his way to him most likely.

More importantly, however, this is going to be the situation that gives us the option to see the two people in all of Erfworld who question things put in to each other's presence. THAT is one I'm really looking forward to.

I'm impressed with how Tramennis is seeing everything here, that intellect we saw long ago is really getting it's money's worth in this update. This will not be the cut-and-dried simplicity a lot of us thought. I don't mind, it just ups the ante in some ways and I greatly look forward to seeing how this all pans out.

This update was well worth the wait.
Dancingrage

Postby paint » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:24 am

BLANDCorporatio wrote:
Vorteks wrote:What? No. I'm not visiting the site at nearly 5:00am. Why do you ask?

Time-zones are magical. Nobody would know, without knowing your location, that you waste nights on the internets. No need to bring attention to your filthy habits, young (I presume) man :P

you call this wasting :D
paint

Postby Nihila » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:27 am

paint wrote:
BLANDCorporatio wrote:

you call this wasting :D
This is not a waste! THIS! IS! ERFWORLD!!!

Okay, quoting aside, Trammenis might find that he meets Parson a little more face-to-face than he expects.

Or, maybe Trammenis will invite Parson for some tea through the Magic Kingdom. And biscuits. Then Parson's plan starts over tea and biscuits.

I can't help but love Trammenis's last line. It's so... fascinating.
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby Welf von Ehrwald » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:43 am

BLANDCorporatio wrote:Guys. Guys.

Trem is one of the top-3 named immortal characters right now. He's even got a better chance of living through this than Parson does.

And for those who will disagree with that last statement, hyperbole, look it up.

But seriously, Trem dying would be about as surprising as the Erf skies splitting, and an Avatar of Rob ordering everyone to just get along.

BLAND, be careful what you say! You know that Rob has a list of possible outcomes, and every time someone makes a theory on the forums, that outcome is deleted. If we guess everything except Tramennis' dead, he is toast ;)

Vorteks wrote:I love the speed lines in the last panel, looks like Tramennis is jumping up with excitement at the prospect of talking to Parson!

What? No. I'm not visiting the site at nearly 5:00am. Why do you ask?

You should have waited till noon like me. Then you can read the new page while having breakfast.
I love uncroaked Dora. I love an anonymous friend even more.

Only one man has understood me, and even he has not!
Welf von Ehrwald

Postby Nihila » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:46 am

Welf von Ehrwald wrote:BLAND, be careful what you say! You know that Rob has a list of possible outcomes, and every time someone makes a theory on the forums, that outcome is deleted. If we guess everything except Tramennis' dead, he is toast ;)
Yes, this is why updates are taking so long, Rob and Xin are having to re-write things constantly because of our speculating. But what happens if we manage to guess every possible outcome? Let's find out!

Okay, Trammenis will neither die nor not die, but transform into an Uncertainty Lich, with the powers of invisibility and probability control. He will fight Parson and Charlie in a three-way war, ending with Trammenis actually being croaked and finally decrypted, but Parson dies in his turning point victory. HAH! I hope this is new. If it's not, that says a lot about these forums.
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:50 am

Nihila wrote:Okay, Trammenis will neither die nor not die, but transform into an Uncertainty Lich, {snip} I hope this is new. If it's not, that says a lot about these forums.

That we don't know about Hellsing?
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby doran » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:03 am

Nihila wrote:
Welf von Ehrwald wrote:BLAND, be careful what you say! You know that Rob has a list of possible outcomes, and every time someone makes a theory on the forums, that outcome is deleted. If we guess everything except Tramennis' dead, he is toast ;)
Yes, this is why updates are taking so long, Rob and Xin are having to re-write things constantly because of our speculating. But what happens if we manage to guess every possible outcome? Let's find out!

Okay, Trammenis will neither die nor not die, but transform into an Uncertainty Lich, with the powers of invisibility and probability control. He will fight Parson and Charlie in a three-way war, ending with Trammenis actually being croaked and finally decrypted, but Parson dies in his turning point victory. HAH! I hope this is new. If it's not, that says a lot about these forums.

Oh hey another fan of DM of the Rings
MarbitChow wrote: Don't you get it yet? WE ARE THE MAGIC KINGDOM.
We're the people sitting around discussing our pet theories based on nomenclature, citing references, discussing ad nauseum while Parson finds out how it works.
doran

Next

Return to Reactions