Book 2 – Page 43

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Page 43

Postby zilfallon » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:18 pm

I don't believe razing 2 cities will provide enough funds to pay all those megalogwiffs, caster, warlords, even without Jetstone turning to Faq.
rkyeun wrote:Roses are red.
Violets are blue.

Image
User avatar
zilfallon
 
Posts: 564
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:47 am
Location: Magic Kingdom

Re: Book 2 – Page 43

Postby ftl » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:44 pm

zilfallon wrote:I don't believe razing 2 cities will provide enough funds to pay all those megalogwiffs, caster, warlords, even without Jetstone turning to Faq.


To me it seemed like it would, for a turn or two or three. Not anything long-term, but enough to keep them alive for the time being (long enough for them to be used in another battle).

We really have no idea how much money sacking a city gives, do we. Has there been any indication to date?
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!
 
Posts: 1069
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:15 pm

Re: Book 2 – Page 43

Postby Nihila » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:51 pm

ftl wrote:
zilfallon wrote:I don't believe razing 2 cities will provide enough funds to pay all those megalogwiffs, caster, warlords, even without Jetstone turning to Faq.


To me it seemed like it would, for a turn or two or three. Not anything long-term, but enough to keep them alive for the time being (long enough for them to be used in another battle).

We really have no idea how much money sacking a city gives, do we. Has there been any indication to date?
20 000 Schmuckers for Kona or one of the Jitterati cities. Which might be enough to support Tram and Tram alone long-term.
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila
 
Posts: 750
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:09 pm
Location: Probably totally lost.

Re: Book 2 – Page 43

Postby ftl » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:10 pm

Nihila wrote:
ftl wrote:
zilfallon wrote:I don't believe razing 2 cities will provide enough funds to pay all those megalogwiffs, caster, warlords, even without Jetstone turning to Faq.


To me it seemed like it would, for a turn or two or three. Not anything long-term, but enough to keep them alive for the time being (long enough for them to be used in another battle).

We really have no idea how much money sacking a city gives, do we. Has there been any indication to date?
20 000 Schmuckers for Kona or one of the Jitterati cities. Which might be enough to support Tram and Tram alone long-term.


OK, that gives us an idea then! Parson's upkeep is 1000/turn, archons are 200/turn. 20,000 from a single GK city seems like it support a small army for a few turns, a large army for one turn, or a single important unit (an heir or Chief warlord) for a long time (20 turns or so).
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!
 
Posts: 1069
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:15 pm

Re: Book 2 – Page 43

Postby fjolnir » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:28 pm

Parson's upkeep is also VERY unusually high, so he's more than likely among the highest costing GK units for upkeep...
User avatar
fjolnir
 
Posts: 358
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 1:40 am

Re: Book 2 – Page 43

Postby Squishalot » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:41 pm

The thought strikes me. On the basis of Tram's proposal at present, Parson could accept, then next turn when they're supposed to 'leave', make a surprise strike at Spacerock anyway. Pay the million schmucker penalty, and take it back when they capture the city and take the treasury.

In terms of upkeep, GK had a huge army in Book 1, 5 casters, 8 warlords, 50+ dragons. After buying Parson, they only had around 150k schmuckers left, and had more than enough (including income from the capital city) to pay for the army for the next few turns or so. Jillian's force is significantly smaller, only the one caster (which we know from her text update is significantly more expensive than other units, due to her 'OMG i haz a caster!' thoughts), and she has three cities to help fund upkeep.
Squishalot
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:04 pm

Re: Book 2 – Page 43

Postby the_tick_rules » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:15 pm

If they have that much. We dunno how credit works in erf. I dunno if you can spend more than you have. They have alot of expenses each turn but they also have revenue coming in each turn. Do we know how deep their pockets really are?
I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
User avatar
the_tick_rules
 
Posts: 966
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: Book 2 – Page 43

Postby Lamech » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:29 am

From trams POV they are probably a lot lower on Shmuckers than they really seem to be. Tram probably believes that those dwagons were popped via cash and didn't think about a super farm. He probably doesn't realize the decrypted don't require money. He probably hasn't considered that every new city rebuilt was done via Sizemore. He certainly doesn't realize that GK came into a few million worth of gems.
Lamech
 
Posts: 1376
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:23 am

Re: Book 2 – Page 43

Postby Squishalot » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:40 am

the_tick_rules wrote:If they have that much. We dunno how credit works in erf. I dunno if you can spend more than you have. They have alot of expenses each turn but they also have revenue coming in each turn. Do we know how deep their pockets really are?

They're probably the richest side in Erfworld as at the end of Book 1. Given that they didn't pop the dwagons (if there's any popping cost), and that their strike force is primarily Decrypted units and dwagons, it's entirely likely that they still have a huge pool of schmuckers at their disposal. Or, Sizemore can just go down and dig a few more gems. He can do that off turn (see early Summer Updates).
Squishalot
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:04 pm

Re: Book 2 – Page 43

Postby Zak3056 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:48 pm

Guppy wrote:
robak wrote:
joosy wrote:and when they traced the packet they found it was coming from 127.0.0.0!!! (Horror stories adapted for nerds)

127.0.0.1

:lol: *Thbpppt* Nerd!

A nerd, indeed. Now, a geek would have been able to tell you that the loopback device can be addressed via the entire 127.0.0.0/8 network. :)
Zak3056
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:53 pm

Previous

Return to Reactions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Lamech, MonteCristo and 3 guests