Book 2 – Page 44

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Page 44

Postby Smoker » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:23 am

Jamus wrote:And, I should add.. how exactly does Tramennis expect to talk to Hamster this turn anyway? Does Jetstone even have a thinkamancer that we've seen?

I expect they'd raise a flag and get an Archon to cast a thinkagram.

In other cases where there are no Archons/Thinkamancers, I guess the highest ranking unit gets the right to parley on behalf of their side - note Ansom signalled Jillian to parley face to face even though he equally could have summoned Maggie to open a few thinkagrams.

Also note that Sammy accepted Charlie's "agreement" without consulting his Ruler.

So if it wasn't for the fact that Jetstone really want to talk to Parson in particular, they would probably just talk to Wanda.
No, no. It hit him in the brain because it killed him. - Dante
Smoker

Postby Snowtitan » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:32 am

*Eats Radish*

So, Balder's not struck by lightning. Good.
He should come here, we don't have lightning much, a nice juicy 5.0 aftershock, but not lightning
Oh no.. not again.
Snowtitan

Postby Almaseti » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:32 am

fjolnir wrote:Also for Signamancy, Parson has seemed to lose his pupils in the closeup...

Good catch, but looking back the the archives, Parson has been pupil-less since... at least when he decided to uncroak the volcano. Pinpointing the exact comic will have to come at a time that isn't 1am, though.
Almaseti

Postby fjolnir » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:34 am

To be fair, they seem to come and go, but this it seems conspicuous this time for some reason.
fjolnir

Postby Lamech » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:48 am

Can Parson actually use the staff? 'Cause when Wanda had a similar one it could bounce Archon blasts. It appears those eager elves dropped some items.

I'm kinda worried for Parson.

His (apparent) target is A) moving and B) assisted by a high level warlord.
I think that stabbing even a couple units and letting the side they belonged to find them will pretty much get Jetstone and Haggar attacking each other. Ditto on simply setting of a dirtamancy bomb somewhere.
Anyway Parson is a heavy+warlord+magically equiped. A warlord can't really even stand up to a shot from a normal heavy that isn't using magic equitment. One good stab from Parson and its over.
Lamech

Postby Glory of Arioch » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:59 am

Poor Slately has to use a hook on a pole to retrieve his finery from the coat rack. I bet that isn't demeaning at all.

Edit: The clasp on Parson's cloak is a power button. It probably indicates the magical nature of the cloak.
Glory of Arioch

Postby Muddball » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:10 am

Because nobody seemed to notice, the sword rack in the back is actualy from the game Puzzle Pirates. That is the Mac Power button (on/off) on his cloak. What is his cloak made out of, a ramwinnerdog? Zelda/TMNT for the rest.

Except for his actual sword and staff. I do not know what games they are iconic in. That staff is so generic skull on top that i can think of at least 3 different anime/games it could be out of.
Muddball

Postby DevilDan » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:17 am

Parson is about to smack around the one warlord with whom he has perhaps the most in common.
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby gaiaswill » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:26 am

DevilDan wrote:Parson is about to smack around the one warlord with whom he has perhaps the most in common.

"This Erf ain't big enough for the both of us."
gaiaswill
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Smoker » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:32 am

Glory of Arioch wrote:Poor Slately has to use a hook on a pole to retrieve his finery from the coat rack. I bet that isn't demeaning at all.

I guess that proves the coat rack is not a magic item :P
No, no. It hit him in the brain because it killed him. - Dante
Smoker

Postby zadcap » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:44 am

Come one, no one has tried to name every item on the tables yet?
Panel 2:
Bomb(Zelda), Piece of Heart Necklace, Arrow of Light(?), Bracelet of Power(? Zelda, not sure), Shredders Bracer, and I am pretty sure that is Skelletor's Staff. I do not know what cape that is, thou I recognize it, and the spear and rod are too generic for me to guess at. I feel like a moron for not being able to name that Sword.

Panel 4:
Hyrule Shield, The Rest of Shredders Armor, Master Sword(on the rack in the background), I can not name the other two swords.

Panel 7:
Power Ring button clasp.
zadcap

Postby Lamech » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:00 am

I am pretty sure that is Skelletor's Staff.
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/erf0132.html Of more important to note: It was the staff Wanda used when deflecting Archon blasts.
Lamech

Postby sleepymancer » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:04 am

Smoker wrote:
Glory of Arioch wrote:Poor Slately has to use a hook on a pole to retrieve his finery from the coat rack. I bet that isn't demeaning at all.

I guess that proves the coat rack is not a magic item :P

lol. I hope you are right, it is better than my mundane interpretation - I had assumed he was making a red flag to signal that they wanted to talk first and then kill them (like the real Jolly Roger, when you annoy pirates enough that they raise the red-backed flag rather than the black to show that its a fight to the death. keeps happening to me, when will they learn ;) well, never. obviously) rather than the white flag of parley and surrender.

I think on balance that Glory of Arioch has it though as a) the hook is there already waiting and b) Cubbins or Ace could easily conjure or make an appropriate flag

As to the rest. Bring it!!
I tend to witter on, produce copious typos and run off on nonsensical tangents. If I've done this here, please forgive me :D
I also get a bit obstinate and argumentative. If I'm not budging or understanding your counterargument call me on my manners
sleepymancer

Postby Smittaugh » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:23 am

zadcap wrote:Panel 2:
I feel like a moron for not being able to name that Sword.

That sword, my friend, is none other than Glamdring, the Foe-Hammer. Otherwise known as Gandalf's sword.
Smittaugh

Postby Avens » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:27 am

Oh Shoot, a staff and the sword... But I don't want Parson to be Gandalf!! Gandalf died!!
Brilliant catch, Smittaugh.
Avens

Postby fjolnir » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:31 am

Avens wrote:Oh Shoot, a staff and the sword... But I don't want Parson to be Gandalf!! Gandalf died!!
Brilliant catch, Smittaugh.

To be Fair, Gandalf DID get better AND gain a level in badass from dying...
fjolnir

Postby Avens » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:38 am

He gets sent back until his task is done. ;)
But just saying, that would be an epic way to cripple GK for Book 3. Not gonna make anymore parallels, cause it'd be too easy to go too far.
Avens

Postby fractal » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:40 am

Smittaugh wrote:That sword, my friend, is none other than Glamdring, the Foe-Hammer. Otherwise known as Gandalf's sword.

Interesting. Combined with the staff, does that mean that Parson is going to pretend to be a caster in battle gear? Seems unlikely that the Magic Kingdom would fall for it.
fractal
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby the_tick_rules » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:47 am

That Wanda's staff? Looks familiar. Or he could just be using it as a mace.
Last edited by the_tick_rules on Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
the_tick_rules

Postby ftl » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:50 am

fractal wrote:
Smittaugh wrote:That sword, my friend, is none other than Glamdring, the Foe-Hammer. Otherwise known as Gandalf's sword.

Interesting. Combined with the staff, does that mean that Parson is going to pretend to be a caster in battle gear? Seems unlikely that the Magic Kingdom would fall for it.

Might be helped along with some foolamancy or thinkamancy. The closer Parson looks to what he's trying to pass as, the easier it is for a spell to do the rest of the work.
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions