Page by page discussion of the comic.

Book 2 – Text Updates 036

Postby balder » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:57 am

New One is up.
balder

Re: Book 2 – Text Updates 036

Postby luxgladius » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:10 am

Archon? Didn't Sylvia slay Ossomer?

Interesting (and a bit gross) to see the attack begin from the infantry's perspective. Yet the Jetstones knew of the yellows' capabilities, so I feel there must be more to it than is shown here.
luxgladius

Postby balder » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:30 am

luxgladius wrote:Archon? Didn't Sylvia slay Ossomer?

Corrected, thanks. It was late and I was tired. I misremembered and missed it in fact checking.
balder

Postby timh » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:33 am

Yay, it's starting. I certainly hope Wanda is able to decrypt across zones. All that infantry inside the garrison would be usefull once Parson gets there.
timh

Postby blablabla84 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:43 am

Here, http://www.erfworld.com/book-2-archive/ ... -11-18.jpg , the first attack was a shockmancy spell... the very act of killing him, happend at other hex, they retreated (http://www.erfworld.com/book-2-archive/ ... -11-28.jpg)... probably away from the duke's location...

The roof was a siege barrier against flyers, much like a wall or a tower structure. Its thick, tough tiles were opaque from above, so an enemy in the airspace could not know the dispensation of the forces deployed here. It would stop falling arrows and debris, and prevent enemy flyers from landing here without applying some form of siege engine to the roof. And while the enemy did have purple dwagons up there, they could not use their sound effects to attack another city zone while not on their turn.

Balder confirmed most of our expectation about the fall and the "food-fighting"
Awesome!
... now we will wait and see if the decrypt/Wanda's fall/healo scrolls/portal room/crap golems/Charlie's problem with the gobwins... etc etc etc...

edit:
WAT?!
balder wrote:

Corrected, thanks. It was late and I was tired. I misremembered and missed it in fact checking.

edit [again]
so, may this mean you can not redeploy corpses across hexes?? hmmm
also, you can perhaps view across hexes...
blablabla84

Postby hajo » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:01 am

the enemy did have purple dwagons up there, they could not use their sound effects to attack another city zone while not on their turn.

I think we haven't seen the purple ones in action yet.
The atrium would be the perfect spot for listening to them :mrgreen:
-HaJo

You Only Live Twice or so it seems,
One life 'till you croak, and one 'till you dust.
hajo

Postby Ouze » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:02 am

I don't understand how the roof can stop arrows and attacks, and attacks from purple drawgons, but not crap - is that some other category? I don't have a great grasp of Erf physics or rules so maybe this is an elementary question.
Ouze

Postby The Game » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:09 am

Ouze wrote:I don't understand how the roof can stop arrows and attacks, and attacks from purple drawgons, but not crap - is that some other category? I don't have a great grasp of Erf physics or rules so maybe this is an elementary question.

Well, the battle crap is supposed to be acidic, perhaps it simply "melts" its way through the roof?
The Game
Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby M.A.D » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:14 am

Ouze wrote:I don't understand how the roof can stop arrows and attacks, and attacks from purple drawgons, but not crap - is that some other category? I don't have a great grasp of Erf physics or rules so maybe this is an elementary question.

Yeah, I thought "crap" qualifies as "debris"

The Game wrote:

Well, the battle crap is supposed to be acidic, perhaps it simply "melts" its way through the roof?

It broke through the roof, as seen in demonstrated picture
M.A.D

Postby Rowen » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:50 am

The text seemed to suggest that Yellow Dwagon acidic battle crap was a siege attack. They make a point about saying that the Purples could break the roof with a sonic attack since it was siege but that the other basic weapons/factors in play, arrows, corpses, etc, would not affect the ceiling.

Perhaps the Yellow Dwagons haven't used their attack to break a zone dividing edifice before, or perhaps Jetstone was too comfortable in the idea of GW not being able to attack at all off turn.
"Nobody turns down a jetpack and lives."
by emo samurai » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:42 pm
Rowen
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Peep » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:11 am

M.A.D wrote:

Yeah, I thought "crap" qualifies as "debris"

The Game wrote:

It broke through the roof, as seen in demonstrated picture

The debris can fall into another zone using the fall mechanic, but can not break the ceiling because it is not siege damage. The purple dragons sonic attack could break through the ceiling if it were their turn because it is siege, but can not cross zones because it can not "fall." The battlecrap can "fall" across zones AND does siege damage when it hits, thereby destroying the ceiling through a "loophole" in the Erfworld rules.
Peep

Postby Magothys » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:36 am

Is it just me, or is Antium's hand still a sketch?
Magothys

Postby kaylasdad99 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:37 am

Its thick, tough tiles were opaque from above, so an enemy in the airspace could not know the dispensation of the forces deployed here.
I think "disposition" might be a better word choice here.
kaylasdad99

Postby Welf von Ehrwald » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:46 am

The action begins :)
It seems we will soon learn if Wanda can decrypt across cities or if she has to use the mass decrypt spell from book 1.
I love uncroaked Dora. I love an anonymous friend even more.

Only one man has understood me, and even he has not!
Welf von Ehrwald

Postby the_tick_rules » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:33 am

Fear the poo!!!!!
I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
the_tick_rules

Postby Hatu » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:38 pm

Me neither. If it takes siege attacks to break the roof, then I don't see why the Purple Dwagons' attacks would be forbidden when the Yellow Dwagons' aren't. If the Yellow Dwagons' droppings don't count as siege attacks, then I have no idea why they're so destructive.

Nothing to do but wait for the big reveal.

-H
Hatu
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby fjolnir » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:51 pm

We've already known that yellow dwagons fire balls of crap as a weapon, and in one of the text updates parson refers to them as "siege capable" now we know the crap is acidic and fairly strong and capable of attacking in a downwards direction rather than having to be fired straight like the reds and purples...
fjolnir

Postby DevilDan » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:00 pm

fjolnir wrote:We've already known that yellow dwagons fire balls of crap as a weapon, and in one of the text updates parson refers to them as "siege capable" now we know the crap is acidic and fairly strong and capable of attacking in a downwards direction rather than having to be fired straight like the reds and purples...

Didn't we know that last one from that very first scene with Bogroll and the bullseye umbrella? And we knew that Tramennis was worried about that from the text update when he entered Spacerock.
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby teratorn » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:07 pm

It's a siege weapon that can "fall" and thus damage structures prone to siege attacks. Sonic attacks apparently can not "fall."

It makes sense to break the ceiling, for now all GK units can simply fall inside and escape from aerial attacks. Wanda and Jack even have scrolls to recover from damage during the fall. Probably this is part of the zone where Parson will appear, hence he will be able to join his forces.
teratorn

Postby gameboy1234 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:17 pm

Interesting. So the Atrium and the Garrison are one and the same? Or in the same building at least. And the roof is one way viewing. Good thought for those who did think it. I wouldn't have guessed that a glass roof would work that way. But it makes sense to keep enemy eyes from seeing the deployment inside the Atrium.

Good update, showed us exactly what is being attacked by GK.
"Do it?" Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome?

I did it thirty-five minutes ago.

gameboy1234
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Next

Return to Reactions