Sixty wrote:Heh, "Found Leadership."

That bit is pure evil. So callous.
tez

Re: Book 2 – Page 51

Postby fractal » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:55 am

tez wrote:
Sixty wrote:Heh, "Found Leadership."

That bit is pure evil. So callous.

Yeah, warlords mean nothing to Wanda now, they are totally replaceable. Only high level ones like Ansom, or unique ones like Parson, are worth even giving a second thought.
fractal

Postby gameboy1234 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:01 am

Cyanshine wrote:Awesome page! The decrypted dwagon rocks! I didn't get the Myth reference...

As mentioned, myth = miss.

I think it also might be a pun on Robert Lynn Asprin's "Myth" series, which happens to be another web comic.
"Do it?" Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome?

I did it thirty-five minutes ago.

gameboy1234
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby yuffiek » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:03 am

Pointyleaf wrote:One thing, though.. Some of the faces look quite odd in comparison to the style in earlier pages.. Jack's face in the last panel, the Duke's in panel 12 (bottom left panel), and Wanda's in the first panel.. they all look a little.. distorted? But overall the artwork is beautiful, as always.

More... chibi I think, almost as if the steady progression of the main characters toward more human proportions suddenly reversed?
Last edited by yuffiek on Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
yuffiek

Postby ftl » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:14 am

Re: why Wanda hasn't already decrypted everything in the hex - I think we're seeing the start of that. She just landed and was just healed - panel 1 is Jack helping her off the ground. She's still disoriented (being knocked unconscious will do that to you, I guess.) So she just hasn't had time to decrypt anything yet - the dwagon and Antium are the first, but I'm sure there'll be many more.
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby teratorn » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:16 am

Oh the lack of leadership means one thing, Sylvia is dead or incapacitated. Should we start mourning?

About the dwagons, there is no point in decrypting them before they are needed. They'd just be collecting arrows.
teratorn

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:21 am

teratorn wrote:Oh the lack of leadership means one thing, Sylvia is dead or incapacitated. Should we start mourning?

It's a strong possibility.

My guess is however that she has just as good a chance of being functional as any Hob Knight. Those had leadership too, after all, so we should assume that either everything that had leadership was lost (but, weirdly, just the casters were spared- how convenient), or that leadership is lost because any stacking structure was lost after the fall.

My pick, for now, is the latter.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby teratorn » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:43 am

BLANDCorporatio wrote:Those had leadership too, after all, so we should assume that either everything that had leadership was lost (but, weirdly, just the casters were spared- how convenient), or that leadership is lost because any stacking structure was lost after the fall.

Incapacitated like Wanda was means death for other units, they won't be healed. By the way, Jack seems rather sturdy, he survived the link breakup, he survived being hit by an arrow, he survived the fall.
teratorn

Postby Agaric » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:02 am

I would sooo like to see arrows that hit with an "IRONY" sound, but guess that's not going to happen...
Agaric

Postby oslecamo2 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:04 am

Hmm, art seems to have changed, but GREAT page anyway!

Another fail for Trems. " HERP Hey, let's shoot down our own troops so Wanda has yet more bodies to decrypt DERP!"

And then back to tactical genius ""Oh s**** we«re f*****! Need to find a way to keep king alive. Now."

Wanda looks stoned, wich may probably be because she just broke half her body and then was healed. Probably our equivalent of being injected with a good amount of morphine.

Also seems like we'll be seeing more of our favorite warlord, duke Atrium!

Now I just want to see Hamster's "Just as planned" face.

BLANDCorporatio wrote:As you know, I think Dwagons are total weaklings. Like, totally. But this one seems to withstand the hail of arrows quite nicely, so Decrypted Dwagons start off by pulling a good feat (unlike their living brethren, for whom the record is one Worf Effect after another). Yay for (Decrypted) Dwagons!

Eeerrr, living dwagons have always been able to whitstand hails of arrows quite well. Three of them holded off dozens of archers wood elves, and they also laughed at the Coalition's archers when they went to burn down their siege.
oslecamo2

Postby :-) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:07 am

Is it just me or does Jack realy look like a child in the 4th panel? I think his hat has grown...
:-)

Postby KiltedNinja » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:09 am

Brilliant update - *love* the decrypted Dwagon, looks very awesome (And a definite nominee for a plushie!)

Just a random thought... Tram is standing with kingy saying "we need to plan/protect you" etc, however little mister Ossomer is floating right beside them, apparently doing nothing other than looking forlorn and sorry for himself.. shouldn't he be attacking Tram or the king by now...?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
...I'm still holding out for the Arkenoid...
---------------------------------------------------------------------
KiltedNinja
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Smoker » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:12 am

"Myth" is whats its called when an arrow does not hit it's target, when that arrow is gay.
No, no. It hit him in the brain because it killed him. - Dante
Smoker

Postby peteratjet » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:12 am

BLANDCorporatio wrote:Nice page!

[..]

And Trem may yet enact something (Smoker's plan was awesome) to sorta save the day- but it's clear that he will have to escape with the Jetpack at some point. Or is it?

I'm pretty sure that Slately gets the jetpack. Or at least, that is Tramennis' intent. It's is clear that the survival of the king is his first priority, which isn't to say that fate has no twists in store.
peteratjet

Postby yuffiek » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:13 am

teratorn wrote:Oh the lack of leadership means one thing, Sylvia is dead or incapacitated. Should we start mourning?

Look in panel 2, just to the top right of the speech balloon, you'll see what appears to be a red-haired GK knight holding off a good half-dozen Jetstone troops. Sylvia is most definitely up and and about... :D

KiltedNinja wrote:however little mister Ossomer is floating right beside them, apparently doing nothing other than looking forlorn and sorry for himself.. shouldn't he be attacking Tram or the king by now...?

Ossomer is still stuck in the airspace zone, and Trammenis doesn't have the Archery special to allow him to attack him.
yuffiek

Postby Smoker » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:26 am

Swodaems wrote:Do you think the archer who just shot that arrow leveled?
I can imagine his reactions. "Wow, I must have killed someting badass. That makes me badass. Oh shit, I just stopped Antium from killing the witch. Am I still badass?"

haha! That's an amusing thought. How's this: If a unit gets XP from killing friendly units, might an archer be compelled by duty to shot Tramennis in the back of the head so he can level, and thus better defend the city?

BlandCorportio wrote:And Trem may yet enact something (Smoker's plan was awesome) to sorta save the day- but it's clear that he will have to escape with the Jetpack at some point. Or is it?

Yeah! Lets start another round of What Should Tramennis Do? (or have done) - The last one was FUN!! :twisted:
No, no. It hit him in the brain because it killed him. - Dante
Smoker

Postby Drongo » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:11 am

If the dittomancer could duplicate the King that may cause enough confusion for him to escape with the jet-pack. Although Tramennis may not know anything about the function of the jet-pack. Ossomer and the archons would have to be cleared before escape.
It's likely if Tramennis sees his side is losing he will order his casters through the portal not realising that Parson is on his way.
Drongo

Postby splintermute » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:58 am

oslecamo2 wrote:Hmm, art seems to have changed, but GREAT page anyway!

Another fail for Trems. " HERP Hey, let's shoot down our own troops so Wanda has yet more bodies to decrypt DERP!"

And then back to tactical genius ""Oh s**** we«re f*****! Need to find a way to keep king alive. Now."

I don't think that's a fail on Tram's part - he already ordered the evacuation of the atrium. Adam is acting on his own initiative - he really shouldn't have been standing there.
splintermute

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:03 am

splintermute wrote:I don't think that's a fail on Tram's part - he already ordered the evacuation of the atrium. Adam is acting on his own initiative - he really shouldn't have been standing there.

I subscribe. Let's not pass blame on who's not responsible, let's try to vary our who-s-an-idiot discussions (my money now is on- Charlie is a complete dunderhead), and we may even agree that flooding the exposed courtyard with arrows (while instructing your infantry to block the exits of the Atrium) is a sound plan.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby HandofShadows » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:40 am

GREAT page. Wanda seems to be really out of it at the moment. Did getting knocked on the head mess her up (more than she already was?) As for the jet pack, didn't that get left behind?
HandofShadows

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions