Book 2 – Text Updates 040

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Text Updates 040

Postby badninja » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:15 pm

Fascinating, I wonder how he will view Parson? A great mind that also does not think alike. I feel that for all his pondering he has a natural limit on what he can understand, a little thought control form the titans? With to competing sides converging on portal park I hope it all goes well as both seem to think that they have all the answers weather or not the future is set or not. Nice update and I still get the feeling that Charlie is fully aware of what both sides are planing in this conspiracy and it runs a little to big in the MK for my tastes.
I came, I saw, I had fun!
badninja
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Jay » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:23 pm

Lol..

Didn't get the joke until I got to the end and saw the picture.
Jay

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:36 pm

badninja wrote:Nice update and I still get the feeling that Charlie is fully aware of what both sides are planing in this conspiracy and it runs a little to big in the MK for my tastes.

I was going to say something similar. Really, it's been 3 updates now about how the MK will allow Parson through. It's quiet ... too quiet. Never trust conspiracies; not all great minds who think alike, think alike, know what I'm sayin'?
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby fjolnir » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:46 pm

Three things: Isaac is supposed to be referential to at least 2 different Isaacs, Isaac Newton and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISAAC_(cipher)
It seems that the entire might of the MK is weak compared to the rest of the world which seems strange considering how overpowering magic is on Erf
The charlie=apple reference can easily be lost but it's basically that the Great Minds Think Alike, while Charlie:Image
fjolnir

Postby atalex » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:27 pm

Rob wrote:I suppose sarcasm is a lacking commodity on the internet. People obviously knew that it was Isaac Newton and were joking around.

Sokrotes wrote:
Hidden Sanity wrote:Bah, I couldn't give a used fig if this Isaac is Newton or not.

...*sigh* then why bother reading this comic and posting? Ah well, to each his own i suppose. :|

In case you missed it, Hidden Sanity was making a pun on Isaac Newton and Fig Newton.[/color]

And also riffing off of one of Ossomer's best lines from all the way back at the start of Book 2.

I don't know what's funnier: all the "Isaac" puns or all the people who don't get the "Isaac" puns and are annoyed with what they see as an obstinate refusal to see that Isaac is based on Isaac Newton. They're both pretty hilarious to me.
atalex

Postby the_tick_rules » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:29 pm

How exactly are they going to protect him?
I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
the_tick_rules

Postby atalex » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:31 pm

Kaed wrote: I also wonder if units even have aging in Erfworld. Do they live forever, barring croaking on the battlefield? They certainly never seem to age, instead popping as-is, all grown up.

They pop fully grown, but it appears that natural Signamancy causes particularly long-lived units, especially those in authority positions, to appear older. Don Vito looks older than Caesar and Slately looks much older than anyone else we've seen, although, of course, both could have popped looking like that. Also, Jillian looks older and more mature to me, although that may also be the change in artist.
atalex

Postby Angband » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:08 pm

atalex wrote:
drachefly wrote:Who's the guy pushing the swing? Looks like Supreme Court justice Scalia.

Let's bloody well HOPE not!

The guy pushing the woman on the swing (Jean Grey?) is clearly a judge. But look at his skin tone -- I think he's supposed to be black, which would rule out Scalia.

In the text update picture where Maggie put the notches in her G-string, we see a black guy that the forum decided was Neil deGrasse Tyson. However, Tyson is not a judge.

Maybe it's supposed to be Justice Thurgood Marshall? Compare the linked picture to the shape of the tie in the Maggie update.

One difference is that Marshall wore glasses, but it wouldn't be the first time that Rob has mashed up two individuals.
Angband
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby davesnothere » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:35 pm

Oberon wrote: But at least I have these delicious fig filled pastries to soothe my dismay at not being able to identify this character!

Everybody knows that they are named after the town in Massachusetts.
Ask Sheldon or Penny. ;)
davesnothere
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby DoctorJest » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:42 pm

Turtlewing wrote:
The Apple slogan was "Think Different". It might be one of the "layers" in the joke, but I doubt it's the main focus.

Remember when Charley was talking to Tram? All the rainbows? Kinda like the Apple logo?
DoctorJest

Postby joosy » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:18 pm

Perhaps a clue to Charlie's limitations? The Arkendish gives him unmatched Thinkamancy abilities BUT apparently that limits his power to wherever cosmic G-strings reach (as if that was any limiation to begin with, of course). By limiting where Charlie can reach demonstrates that it CAN be done and that he can be 'stopped. Perhaps this webcomic will end with The Arkendish being placed within the great Temple or a cage of similar material being used to trap Charlie himself.
Last edited by joosy on Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joosy

Postby effataigus » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:34 pm

Who wants to bet the temple is a giant tin foil hat?
Last edited by effataigus on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am, edited 239044 times in total.
effataigus

Postby Ansan Gotti » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:38 pm

effataigus wrote:Who wants to bet the temple is a giant tin foil hat?

I think you've just called it.
Ansan Gotti
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby danhaas » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:40 pm

Or Magneto's Helmet.
danhaas

Postby Sylvan » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:03 pm

Ansan Gotti wrote:
effataigus wrote:Who wants to bet the temple is a giant tin foil hat?

I think you've just called it.

QFT
Sylvan

Postby Hidden Sanity » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:17 pm

Azukar wrote:
Hidden Sanity wrote:Bah, I couldn't give a used fig if this Isaac is Newton or not.

...Used how? :?

Clearly, it was used as an idiot ball.

Turns out, Trams true mistake was experimenting with figs to figure out how Ossomer used them.
Hidden Sanity

Postby Konterfei » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:38 pm

by the way! If you need to be at a certain spot to receive G-strings...
would it happen to be a G-spot?
Konterfei

Postby MarbitChow » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:04 pm

Konterfei wrote:by the way! If you need to be at a certain spot to receive G-strings...would it happen to be a G-spot?

The G-Spot is actually part of hippymancy. It's easy to see how the two might be confused, though.
MarbitChow

Postby ╒╦╧╬╩╦╦╛ » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:47 pm

danhaas wrote:Or Magneto's Helmet.

made of tinfoil.
3 Naughtymancers of different disciplines walk into a bar... wait, forget what I just said. A shockmancer and a croakamancer walk into a bar.
╒╦╧╬╩╦╦╛

Postby Sieggy » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:08 pm

Konterfei wrote:by the way! If you need to be at a certain spot to receive G-strings...
would it happen to be a G-spot?

Oh, I dunno . . . it's very obscure, not on the maps, and very few men know how to find it.

http://leasticoulddo.com/comic/20110202
The Truth Will Set You Free. But First It Will Piss You Off.
Sieggy

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions