Book 2 - Page 55

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 - Page 55

Postby President_Allosaurus » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:24 am

cloudbreaker wrote:
Suitesned wrote:I like the first and second panels showing Jetstone's frontline becoming GK's frontline.

I didn't notice this on my first read through, but on my second I did and was delighted for some reason. Maybe it is because it reminded me of when I used to play Ages of Empires II and would make an army of nothing but priests so I could convert the enemy's army to use it against them. Yeah, that's probably it.

Great update. Keep up the amazing work!

:) [Detail Spotted!]
President_Allosaurus

Postby multilis » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:33 am

Book 1, Wanda tells Stanley he can't take treasury with him if he leaves GK to form a new side, and agrees.

Here we see treasury turned into gems.

What is to stop a side from turning treasury to gems and carrying them away when starting a new side and capital about to fall?
multilis

Postby Krennson » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:34 am

OneHugeTuck wrote:1. Ha. Be discreet about digging a hole with a shovel!

he doesn't have to be discreet about digging the hole near his own gate.... he just has to be discreet about tunneling to someone ELSES gate.

So he digs a hole straight down from the gate, probably lowers his own gate down into the hole....

If anyone asks, he says that his gate didn't feel 'homey' enough or something.

then, when nobody is looking, he starts tunneling like mad beneath the ground, towards spacerock's gate.
Krennson

Postby Krennson » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:37 am

multilis wrote:Book 1, Wanda tells Stanley he can't take treasury with him if he leaves GK to form a new side, and agrees.

What is to stop a side from turning treasury to gems and carrying them away when starting a new side and capital about to fall?

stupidity? maybe the casters are very careful not to remind slately of that possibility, since it would make him more dangerous to his own side.
Krennson

Postby gameboy1234 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:37 am

multilis wrote:Book 1, Wanda tells Stanley he can't take treasury with him if he leaves GK to form a new side, and agrees.

I think only moneymancers can turn Schmuckers in to gems. Any ruler can turn gems into money.
"Do it?" Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome?

I did it thirty-five minutes ago.

gameboy1234
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby OneHugeTuck » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:39 am

Krennson wrote:

he doesn't have to be discreet about digging the hole near his own gate.... he just has to be discreet about tunneling to someone ELSES gate.

So he digs a hole straight down from the gate, probably lowers his own gate down into the hole....

then, when nobody is looking, he starts tunneling like mad beneath the ground, towards spacerock's gate.

Except for the part where there's a bunch of gates all next to each other, with a bunch of casters standing around watching them.
OneHugeTuck
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Krennson » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:42 am

OneHugeTuck wrote:
Krennson wrote:

Except for the part where there's a bunch of gates all next to each other, with a bunch of casters standing around watching them.

well, sizemore didn't know there was going to be a special gathering at that moment. things have changed since he left.
Krennson

Postby slb » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:46 am

Good laugh on Panel 2: Antium finally getting Lacrosse to shut up once and for all, and I'm sure Lacrosse is scared by the broad smile Antium probably has. Love these funny little details in Xin's Art. Or is it Rob who's scripting them ?
slb
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Snowtitan » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:50 am

I love the expression on the female infantry, as she watches her warlord go down and then turn and attack her.. Priceless.
OK, Moneymancers (at least) can convert schmuckers back to gems - how do the gems move to other sides, do they have to arrange a relay through the MK, or is there a mechanic for it.

Grimnir wrote:Wow. Now I realize that Jillian may have doomed both Jetstone and Transylvito when she jumped ship. Way to go, girl! :D

I Don't think that they're both going down. although the only real reason I can come up with is .. gulp... plot armor
An Erfworld without either side would be GK, Jillian, Charlie, and a few minor players. now that would be boring.
Oh no.. not again.
Snowtitan

Postby OneHugeTuck » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:58 am

Krennson wrote:

well, sizemore didn't know there was going to be a special gathering at that moment. things have changed since he left.

Remember the first time Parson went through?
OneHugeTuck
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Krennson » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:01 am

OneHugeTuck wrote:
Krennson wrote:

Remember the first time Parson went through?

I assumed that we missed the first five minutes of that standoff, where all the mages quickly gathered to stare and point weapons. Wanda and Sizemore leaving the magic kingdom early in book one had much fewer bystanders.

http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F013.jpg only shows one or two mages at the park at any time, and they mostly have their own business to attend to.
Krennson

Postby konmanrocks » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:05 am

Snowtitan wrote:OK, Moneymancers (at least) can convert schmuckers back to gems - how do the gems move to other sides, do they have to arrange a relay through the MK, or is there a mechanic for it.

im assuming they will send it by hat. if you can pass notes with them, a gem might be possible as it could fit.
konmanrocks
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby OvaltinePatrol » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:10 am

slb wrote:Good laugh on Panel 2: Antium finally getting Lacrosse to shut up once and for all, and I'm sure Lacrosse is scared by the broad smile Antium probably has. Love these funny little details in Xin's Art. Or is it Rob who's scripting them ?

I thought that's who that was; you beat me to it! :mrgreen:
OvaltinePatrol

Postby ╒╦╧╬╩╦╦╛ » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:14 am

Looks like it's time for an unhealty dose of predicatmancy!

So in order: Benjamin have a chat with Caesar, Caesar make a coup against Don and win, Jetstone is denied money to promote Tram, Ossomer Turn back to Jetstone seeing his brother/ father in imminent danger of becoming something he started loathing, Slately Get killed, Ossomer become ruler of Jestone, Wanda is pissed off to have lost a puppet, Tram make a joke about Ossomer's sense of fashion having recovered... I doubt I can guess anything that far.
3 Naughtymancers of different disciplines walk into a bar... wait, forget what I just said. A shockmancer and a croakamancer walk into a bar.
╒╦╧╬╩╦╦╛

Postby Snowtitan » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:17 am

konmanrocks wrote:
Snowtitan wrote:OK, Moneymancers (at least) can convert schmuckers back to gems - how do the gems move to other sides, do they have to arrange a relay through the MK, or is there a mechanic for it.

im assuming they will send it by hat. if you can pass notes with them, a gem might be possible as it could fit.

Assumptions are the mother of all bloopups

Also does anybody else think that that light fitting behind Ben is moving. in Panel 8 it appears to be looking towards King Don, while in the last panel, it's looking directly at the 'camera'
Oh no.. not again.
Snowtitan

Postby Tesslyn » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:23 am

Caeser might just surprise us by approving of the loan. Its unlikely hes much of a fan of slately the idiot afterall, his heir is probably better, no?

Though he may take control of Transylvito as payment. Would he make the side more effective I wonder? It could be the turning point in the war, having Caeser and Tramenis knocking heads together.
Last edited by Tesslyn on Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tesslyn

Postby President_Allosaurus » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:25 am

slb wrote:Good laugh on Panel 2: Antium finally getting Lacrosse to shut up once and for all, and I'm sure Lacrosse is scared by the broad smile Antium probably has. Love these funny little details in Xin's Art. Or is it Rob who's scripting them ?

[Detail Spotted!].. okay, if I do that every time, I'll be spamming. I love that people really do pick up on these things, though. There's a number of these things for people with good eyes and good memories.

It's my honor to help Xin and I'm glad people appreciate the contribution.
President_Allosaurus

Postby ╒╦╧╬╩╦╦╛ » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:25 am

Tesslyn wrote:Caeser might just surprise us by approving of the loan. Its unlikely hes much of a fan of slately the idiot afterall, his heir is probably better, no?

Better maybe, but Caesar has no reason to want Jetstone to stay on the map...

Spoiler: show
Don's last word: Et tu, Caesar?[/irony]
3 Naughtymancers of different disciplines walk into a bar... wait, forget what I just said. A shockmancer and a croakamancer walk into a bar.
╒╦╧╬╩╦╦╛

Postby Tyrilean » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:46 am

Chances are, that was because Stanley doesn't have a moneymancer in his employ.

One of the main benefits of a moneymancer may be the ability to convert it to different currencies, or gems, that can be transferred and taken freely.
Tyrilean

Postby ╒╦╧╬╩╦╦╛ » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:49 am

Tyrilean wrote:

Chances are, that was because Stanley doesn't have a moneymancer in his employ.

One of the main benefits of a moneymancer may be the ability to convert it to different currencies, or gems, that can be transferred and taken freely.

Or the Gem would have been so big he couldn't have taken it with him... Nha forget it, it would make too much sense.
╒╦╧╬╩╦╦╛

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions