Book 2 – Page 56

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Page 56

Postby Rajin96 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:02 am

But it's not a rebellion per se.

Caesar isn't doing it to take control of his side. He's standing up to his ruler whom he thinks is making a bad strategical decision. The other warlords are standing with him not because they want to see Don gone, but because they agree with Caesar on that decision.

However, if it does come to an open revolt, the Don is gonna get stabbed in the back, probably literally, by Bunny.
Rajin96

Postby joosy » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:03 am

I<3ChocolateMilk wrote:BTW, loving how the FAQ units' livery makes them look like cabin crew.

In case of an emergency...

Thank you for flying Crashcade airlines. In the likely event of a water landing I would like to remind you that the seat cushions are the property of Crashcade airlines and must remain on the plane.
joosy

Postby carisbourg » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:05 am

mortissimus wrote:Don might be able to defeat it by rethoric (he is a more imposing characther then Caesar), but otherwise it is going to be very interesting to see how the speculations match the rules. I do not think it will be resolved by crass blackmail, the situation has deteriorated to far.

I am so in agreement here, it's a perfect use for "What have I done to deserve such disrespect."
carisbourg

Postby Althernai » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:12 am

Ytaker wrote:I wonder how a Caesar lead side would function...

Would they still interact with goblin knob?

They have to interact with Gobwin Knob simply by virtue of location. That said, there is no reason these interactions have to be hostile. One possible interpretation of Caesar's statement on Panel 8 ("And it shouldn't be our fight, necessarily. You know what I'm sayin'?") is that he may favor an alliance instead.
Althernai
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Whispri » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:19 am

And so the Rubicon crossing moment has finally come. Even if Don somehow holds on, he'd just get another rebellion in his face when the heir pops, he's just that much of a liability for his side.

I don't rate Faq's chances if they go with their plan to hit two Cities this turn, they'll be easily found and with the air group at Spacerock basically unscratched at the moment...

Althernai wrote:They have to interact with Gobwin Knob simply by virtue of location. That said, there is no reason these interactions have to be hostile. One possible interpretation of Caesar's statement on Panel 8 ("And it shouldn't be our fight, necessarily. You know what I'm sayin'?") is that he may favor an alliance instead.

And why not? There's nothing to lose by joining forces with Gobwin Knob and much in the way of potential gains.
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby ryanroyce » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:21 am

Y'know... I'm not sure if Caesar will pull the trigger on this one. If he opposes the Don and gets disbanded (possibly along with his supporters), will that be more or less damaging to the Side than spending the gem? Given Don's irrational behavior of late, what choice would Caesar expect Don to make?

That said, when the dust settles, I expect Caesar to be the new Transylvito Ruler and for him to forge an alliance-of-necessity (or at least a non-aggression pact) with Gobwin Knob. When that happens, Vinny will likely Turn to Faq.
ryanroyce
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Urf » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:23 am

Has Don appointed an Heir? I thought he was in the midst of popping a new Royal? What happens if he's croaked? All in all, he's not in a position to give the money that Slately needs.

However, Jillian has money now. How will SHE be getting the money to Slately?
Urf

Postby pookong » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:56 am

EPIC!

also: there is a typo in panel 9 - the T. warlord probably says: "Thrown away"
pookong

Postby Whispri » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:02 am

Urf wrote:Has Don appointed an Heir? I thought he was in the midst of popping a new Royal? What happens if he's croaked? All in all, he's not in a position to give the money that Slately needs.

However, Jillian has money now. How will SHE be getting the money to Slately?

If he dies Caesar becomes Translyvyto's Overlord.

She can't, she has no Caster capable of creating a Gem.
Last edited by Whispri on Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whispri

Postby pm123 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:04 am

Been a fan since day 1. The story and art are simply fantastic. I hate to complain or rush the wonderful storytelling, and I'll be the first to admit there are tons of wonderfully interconnected story lines to cover so it takes time. That said, Parson has been standing outside this gate since 1 November, 2010...can we blooping get him to walk through it already? For nearly five months I've been checking daily in hopes it's the day he'll enter. Many of the last 23 updates have implied he'd be entering in the next one. The anticipation is turning to frustration. You're about to give me a brain aneurysm and not in a good way. We're to the point I really need to see a big fat guy running a 50 yard dash in a suit of armor underground asap. The tease has been too long...please deliver!
pm123

Postby Ansan Gotti » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:16 am

I think people are too readily assuming Bunny is in fact in love with Caesar. I think it's equally likely (and a bit more delicious from a plot perspective, IMO) that Bunny was pointed at Caesar by Don, both to keep him loyal and to keep tabs on him.

For all we know, Ben will go in to refuse Don and then Don has Bunny mind control him to make the gem. Or has Bunny mind control Caesar to fall into line.
Ansan Gotti

Postby fehler » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:29 am

So, Benny loses the pimpin' zebra stripes?
fehler

Postby badninja » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:37 am

Ok that was a lot of info. Several plot lines have begun to wrap up. Ceaser begins his plan, Parson lays plans if he dies, Jetstone will fall, and FAQ has sealed its fate. So much happening, the next several comics are going to be more about Parson's trip through MK. How close are we to the end of issue 2, pretty close by what is happening. I feel that FAQ will be the final battle of this book. I hope Ceaser is ready for GK he faced them under a bad leader, next is as Charlie put it "the most dangerous man in Erfworld."
I came, I saw, I had fun!
badninja
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Berserkas » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:39 am

No. No, he doesn't. He needs to be designated an heir for that to happen, and he's a Royal, so he'd become a king. But he won't, since he's not designated.

Stanley, although not a Royal (promoted from the ranks) was designated heir. That's how he became an overlord. No designation? No getting to be leader.
Berserkas

Postby Arlon » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:44 am

Berserkas wrote:

No. No, he doesn't. He needs to be designated an heir for that to happen, and he's a Royal, so he'd become a king. But he won't, since he's not designated.

Stanley, although not a Royal (promoted from the ranks) was designated heir. That's how he became an overlord. No designation? No getting to be leader.

He IS heir designate (see summer updates) and he is NOT royal: he is Viscount of Vitalis: a mere noble. He WOULD be overlord.
Arlon

Postby boegiboe » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:03 am

Caesar has always hated Jillian. I'm seeing Transylvito led by Caesar allying with GK against Faq and Jetstone, now led by Tramennis. It's the traditional baddies (dwagons and hobgobwins + vampires) vs the traditional goodies (blond-haired prince and princess).
boegiboe

Postby Magentawolf » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:06 am

fehler wrote:So, Benny loses the pimpin' zebra stripes?

Yeah, I was wondering what's up with Ben's raiment change between these two adjacent scenes.
Magentawolf

Postby gameboy1234 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:12 am

BLANDCorporatio wrote:Parson you magnificent bastard, I'm reading your book!

So Slately isn't getting the gem? Hmmm ... the plot thickens.

I'm thinking shark loan from Charlie... but we'll have to see. I bet Slately doesn't fight at all, but stays in the tower, all depressed and stuff. With Lady Sylvia and the dwagons hitting the tower, it'll only be a matter of time before he croaks. Charlie will have to make the loan, or he'll see another potential ally lost to GK.
"Do it?" Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome?

I did it thirty-five minutes ago.

gameboy1234
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Infidel » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:24 am

Xin's art continues to improve and impress. Panel 5 is probably the most impressive picture of Parson yet. He truly looks like hes not playing games anymore. There were some other panels on other updates too where he showed his serious self, but this one seems the most powerful yet.
Who is that beautiful red-headed devil,
Stabs you in the heart so that she can level?
It's Scarlet!
- BC
Infidel
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Berserkas » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:31 am

Arlon wrote:He IS heir designate (see summer updates) and he is NOT royal: he is Viscount of Vitalis: a mere noble. He WOULD be overlord.

Doesn't Noble count? Only Royal sides can pop Nobles, after all.
Berserkas

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions