Book 2 – Page 56

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Page 56

Postby skarl » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:21 pm

nice update. I felt that something had to change in transilvito.

don is old. he will be replaced soon...
I'm not serious. I am never serious. seriously!

(please remember that I am a foreign speaker, and therefore make a lot of spelling & gramatic mistakes, and please don't pin me down on my exact formulation.)
skarl

Postby Althernai » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:25 pm

Catalyst wrote:I still think people are jumping on the "rebellion" idea waay to quickly.

What Caesar has done in the current page already constitutes rebellion: he is telling a unit to disobey a direct order from his overlord. It'll become clearer when he walks into Don's chamber with the warlords at his back, but it has already happened. That said, I don't think he is intent on killing the king and taking the throne to himself -- he just wants to tell Don that he's had it with what he perceives to be an insane strategy. IMO, it can easily go either way: Don can listen and come to some kind of agreement or there is a violent confrontation and somebody gets hurt (probably Don because it would be more dramatic).
Althernai
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby splexis » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:32 pm

Is it just me . . .

. . . or is Maggie wearing an IDIC in frame 6?
splexis

Postby splexis » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:43 pm

And another thing… the clip for parson's cloak involves the digital electronics power symbol. This symbol also appeared on the baseball cap worn by one of his players. I wonder if his four players also plotted in "offstage?" (Four players, four tools…) Just wondering.
splexis

Postby gazes_also » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:04 pm

I have a sneaking suspicion we're are about to enter a talk-talk phase with not much action for a while.
Parson gets held up by Janice in TMK, Don argues with Cesar, Slately and Trem discuss the heirship, Jillian and Ansom discuss the nature of free will...

Don has been waiting for Cesar to make his move so I expect he has something planned. This challenge is on Don's terms, not Cesar's.

Having said that, a changing of the guard, and an Erfworld where the younger generation of Cesar, Jillian and Trem become the main antagonists of Parson would be a different ballgame from the old royals.
gazes_also
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby HandofShadows » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:21 pm

Just noticed something odd. Maybe it has been there before and I didn't notice. Jillians new Faq troops don't have any whites to their eyes. IE their eyes are just like eveyone elses on Erfworld except people from the first version of Faq (Jillian, Wanda, Jack (have not had a good enough look at Marie to know for sure)) and people from off faq (Parson). Another clue to old Banhammer not being from Erfworld maybe?
HandofShadows

Postby Zeku » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:01 pm

What's with the coldness that Parson is extending towards Jillian?

He knows that Wanda has an interest in her, right? Why would he even consider destabilizing Wanda by killing Jillian? (even if he is dead under those conditions)

He also knows that Jillian cut him a break by not fighting for Jetstone, so it just seem like he should be ambivalent towards her.

Did we ever really figure out what Don was trying to accomplish by establishing Faq? Is it really as simple as resisting Stanley and promoting Royalty?
Zeku

Postby Neuromancer » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:30 pm

BLANDCorporatio wrote:
Neuromancer wrote:WRT Neil Gaiman--he weighed in on GRRM's slow progress on "A Dance with Dragons"--which will come out this summer, hooray!--in the following way:

http://journal.neilgaiman.com/2009/05/e ... ssues.html

I was reverse-ninjaed :P

WHEN ANTI-NINJAS ATTACK.
Neuromancer

Postby John Campbell » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:29 pm

Zeku wrote:What's with the coldness that Parson is extending towards Jillian?

She just attacked him, killed a bunch of his people, and destroyed one of his cities. Whatever she may be to Wanda, to Parson she's an enemy who is killing his people. And who has put herself, and her entire kingdom, in a vulnerable position to do it.
John Campbell

Postby Altima » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:41 pm

Argh, this bi-monthly update schedule is killing me. Want faster.

John Campbell wrote:

She just attacked him, killed a bunch of his people, and destroyed one of his cities. Whatever she may be to Wanda, to Parson she's an enemy who is killing his people. And who has put herself, and her entire kingdom, in a vulnerable position to do it.

Not to mention that it's fairly obvious that she's in cahoots with Charlie.
Altima

Postby GaryThunder » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:45 pm

Parson has no idea that Jillian had any part in Kingworld. He thinks it's Jetstone's fault. Wanda sure didn't tell him all the details about the trap she walked right into...
GaryThunder

Postby atalex » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:49 pm

Right now, I'm most interested in the dog that hasn't barked (yet): Stanley. Any second now, he's going to feel a $40K loss to his treasury and probably go ballistic. Of course, that loss won't be Parson's fault. If anything it was Ansom's fault because he left the city undefended due to Ansom's "decapitation" strategy. But regardless, Stanley will probably blame Parson or, at the very least, come looking for Parson to get an update.
atalex

Postby Chit Rule Railroad » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:49 pm

ryanroyce wrote:That said, when the dust settles, I expect Caesar to be the new Transylvito Ruler and for him to forge an alliance-of-necessity (or at least a non-aggression pact) with Gobwin Knob. When that happens, Vinny will likely Turn to Faq.

Faq's possession of Ansom will likely play a part in that decision.

Whispri wrote:She can't, she has no Caster capable of creating a Gem.

Jillian could invite Ben to come through the magic kingdom to visit Faq to make the gem to promote Trammenis; I'm assuming her physical presence in the city would not be required. If Jetstone survives to pay off the loan, this would be lucrative for Faq and could fuel its emergence as a big fish in a small pond of battered RCC members. Maybe Charlie will manipulate her into it with a guilt trip.
Chit Rule Railroad
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby BCCroaker » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:01 pm

gazes_also wrote:I have a sneaking suspicion we're are about to enter a talk-talk phase with not much action for a while.
Parson gets held up by Janice in TMK, Don argues with Cesar, Slately and Trem discuss the heirship, Jillian and Ansom discuss the nature of free will...

And in the middle of all this talk Sylvia and the dwagons fetch down the tower.
BCCroaker
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Sieggy » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:11 pm

What's going to be interesting is when Wanda finds out that Parson has Faq & Jillian in his crosshairs . . . And who's going to be the one to take her out. Unless he returns to GK by way of the Portal (which is extremely improbable), it's likely he'll be taking the field against Jillian's forces in parson ( :D ), which I doubt VERY seriously would be acceptable to Wanda. Or I can see Stanley going after FAQ himself; after all, he took it once before, in the face of stronger resistance. Since she's out razing GK cities at the moment, it'd be amusing if Stanley beat her to FAQ, took it, and reduced her to Barbarian Princess once more. Of course, if Charlie found out and acted fast enough, he could take GK, which would make for all kinds of cluster-faqery . . .

But then, given the latest interaction between Wanda & Jillian, Wanda may decide that a decrypted Jillian-slave is acceptable . . . and with an Ansom-slave, she can have the kind of 3-somes that can only be dreamt of.
The Truth Will Set You Free. But First It Will Piss You Off.
Sieggy

Postby BCCroaker » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:22 pm

Sieggy wrote:What's going to be interesting is when Wanda finds out that Parson has Faq & Jillian in his crosshairs . . . And who's going to be the one to take her out. Unless he returns to GK by way of the Portal (which is extremely improbable), it's likely he'll be taking the field against Jillian's forces in parson ( :D ), which I doubt VERY seriously would be acceptable to Wanda. Or I can see Stanley going after FAQ himself; after all, he took it once before, in the face of stronger resistance. Since she's out razing GK cities at the moment, it'd be amusing if Stanley beat her to FAQ, took it, and reduced her to Barbarian Princess once more. Of course, if Charlie found out and acted fast enough, he could take GK, which would make for all kinds of cluster-faqery . . .

But then, given the latest interaction between Wanda & Jillian, Wanda may decide that a decrypted Jillian-slave is acceptable . . . and with an Ansom-slave, she can have the kind of 3-somes that can only be dreamt of.

Welcome to ErfworldXXX!
"I used to be into sadism, necrophilia and bestiality; but after a while I found I was flogging a dead horse."
BCCroaker
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Sieggy » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:28 pm

What can I say . . . if ya got it, flog it . . .

Edit: One thing I have to wonder . . . Jillian acquired 40K Schmuckers from razing Progrock . . . Is this like D&D (I have 50K gold pieces in my belt pouch!) where she has it with her, or is it something that's 'deposited' in her vaults / piggybank back in FAQ? This could have some bearing on matters.
The Truth Will Set You Free. But First It Will Piss You Off.
Sieggy

Postby Dr Pepper » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:32 pm

I<3ChocolateMilk wrote:BTW, loving how the FAQ units' livery makes them look like cabin crew.

In case of an emergency...

Also like ground crew.

Hmm, image of a WWII style poster. A squad of Faqians stand saluting a flight of megalos overhead. Caption: Keep 'Em Flying!

Now we just need someone to draw it.
Read, like there won't be a movie
Game, like the die rolls don't matter
Filk, like everyone is tone deaf anyway

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . .4
Dr Pepper

Postby fjolnir » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:38 pm

splexis wrote:Is it just me . . .

. . . or is Maggie wearing an IDIC in frame 6?

No, it's her all seeing eye pendant, it's a fairly consistent item in her wardrobe...

Sieggy wrote:What can I say . . . if ya got it, flog it . . .

Edit: One thing I have to wonder . . . Jillian acquired 40K Schmuckers from razing Progrock . . . Is this like D&D (I have 50K gold pieces in my belt pouch!) where she has it with her, or is it something that's 'deposited' in her vaults / piggybank back in FAQ? This could have some bearing on matters.

I think it goes to the treasury at the capital, though I wouldn't be surprised if there's some other place it could go...
fjolnir

Postby Aquillion » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:09 pm

He knows that Wanda has an interest in her, right? Why would he even consider destabilizing Wanda by killing Jillian? (even if he is dead under those conditions)
I don't think he knows the depths of Wanda's feelings for her. Remember, his response to Wanda's discussion of why Jillian was there was "she could be there for Ansom, right?" There's no way he would have said that if he realized Wanda's actual feelings.

He also knows that Jillian cut him a break by not fighting for Jetstone, so it just seem like he should be ambivalent towards her.
He knows nothing of the sort. Jillian left the fight, sure, but from a tactical position what she did made complete sense. What did she stand to gain by fighting? She's grabbing Gobwin Knob's cities cheaply while everyone else is wasting troops fighting. If Gobwin Knob loses, she'll probably just be able to hold those cities; even if they win, there's a chance they won't be strong enough to hit her immediately.

And common sense says that the best place to fight Gobwin Knob is wherever Wanda isn't -- Wanda can only be in one place at once; if you fight where she is, you're feeding Gobwin Knob decrypted troops. If you strike while she's elsewhere, you're not.

And Parson does know enough to conclude that her only interest was Ansom. She captured Ansom, she left. Makes sense. Not likely to make Parson feel any better about her.
Aquillion

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions