Book 2 – Page 58

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Page 58

Postby Trotsky » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:27 am

BLANDCorporatio wrote:*sshhh!*

But, the whole point is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio wrote:
DoctorJest wrote:"Wolves are like dogs, but dogs are like dogs, so therefore: kittens".

DoctorJest, if I weren't referentially married to my sig I'd use that instead.
Trotsky
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Marshalle Ney » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:45 am

All I could think about was this....

Marshalle Ney

Postby happyturtle » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:10 am

"We will be on the scene, in numbers."

No way is that good for GK and Parson. No way at all.
happyturtle
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Lamech » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:14 am

happyturtle wrote:"We will be on the scene, in numbers."
They are there to ensure that Parson is safe.
So worst case scenario for Jetstone, the other casters are very unhappy, and the thinkamancers and Co. have no choice but to retreat through the portal and join GK. Plus think of Stanley's reaction. "Stanley we won, also we turned a dollamancer, the top hippiemancer, a predictamancer and 37 thinkamancers."
Lamech

Postby No one in particular » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:15 am

The reason the GMtTA are being vague is because Charlie could be listening, remember? They've gotta use doublethink as long as Big Brother might be watching.
"Are you always so pessimistic?"
"Not at all. I saved it for my last battle."
---
Got questions? Ask Count Downer!
No one in particular

Postby joosy » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:29 am

BLANDCorporatio wrote:"We built this city on Rock and Roll"

Ha! I was going to suggest "Run" by Gnarls Barkley, "We Will Rock You' by Queen or "Sixteen Tons" by Johnny Cash but yours is much better.

Erasure's "Always" ala Robot Unicorn Attack game might work as well but Parson' may not get the reference since that Trope came out after he departed our world for Erf.
Last edited by joosy on Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
joosy

Postby Magentawolf » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:31 am

And.. he's... still... not... though... the... portal!

Two more weeks until he's in the MK, and two weeks more until he's in Jetstone. Maybe.
Magentawolf

Postby Segrain » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:35 am

So Isaac's group is passing between purple trees. Can we suppose that purple part of Magic Kingdom is Eyemancers' one?
Segrain

Postby udat » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:42 am

The knight on the left made me think of Strongbad when I first saw him. Anyone else think that? Or have a better reference?
udat
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby ZevGun » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:43 am

Dante wrote:
I wonder if Parson can be incapacitated by falling through the dirtamancy trap?

Seems possible. Not really from the trap per se, but from the stairs. This is unlikely of course, because it would be incredibly anti-climactic, but it's not unheard of for people here in Stupidworld to die or get maimed by falling down a flight of stairs, so on Erf you probably have to make a saving throw every time you step downstairs. Given that many units walk hundreds of stairs every turn, the modifier for death/incapacitation chance must be inscrutably small.

apostateCourier already made this reference, but it really needs to be directed at your comment

I WARNED YOU ABOUT STAIRS BRO!!!!
I TOLD YOU DOG!

I think the trap will break before Parson has the chance to fall. There's a slight overlap between ground level and the trap area in the blueprint.
ZevGun
Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby happyturtle » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:52 am

Lamech wrote:
So worst case scenario for Jetstone, the other casters are very unhappy, and the thinkamancers and Co. have no choice but to retreat through the portal and join GK. Plus think of Stanley's reaction. "Stanley we won, also we turned a dollamancer, the top hippiemancer, a predictamancer and 37 thinkamancers."

I don't buy it. The laws of drama demand that anything that looks certain, isn't. Maggie is certain that Parson will be safe, so I'm certain it won't be that easy. :)
happyturtle
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Fannin » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:30 am

Anyone else predicting decrypted Jason Voorhees mask guy in the near future, he was sort of a zombie in the movies after all...
Fannin

Postby Smoker » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:33 am

happyturtle wrote:
Lamech wrote:

I don't buy it. The laws of drama demand that anything that looks certain, isn't. Maggie is certain that Parson will be safe, so I'm certain it won't be that easy. :)

Absolutely this.

Someone is gonna have to croak. You dont have that kind of scene set up just for Parson to waltz through and say "Well that was easy!"... If I was Sizemore I'd be digging a hole and friggen hiding in it.
No, no. It hit him in the brain because it killed him. - Dante
Smoker

Postby The Xenologist » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:33 am

so if all goes according to plan, parsons should be in JS just as trem makes it upstairs to talk to the king... just in time for the king to order him out of the city and go down to fight GK. :D should be epic.

Edit:
Well of course something has to go wrong somewhere, but it doesn't necessarily have to go wrong in the MK.
“If death meant just leaving the stage long enough to change costume and come back as a new character...Would you slow down? Or speed up?” -Chuck Palahniuk
The Xenologist

Postby splexis » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:37 am

udat wrote:The knight on the left made me think of Strongbad when I first saw him. Anyone else think that? Or have a better reference?

Not remotely close to Strongbad (who's eyes are green, by the way, not red). Try the brigand leader from Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior. (Or Jason, as someone else pointed out.)
splexis

Postby Atomic » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:45 am

M.A.D wrote:
WarFAN wrote:
Atomic wrote:The red-eyed-knight in panel three is obviously Charlie

No, he is not. And that conclusion of yours is not obvious at all.

Sarcastic logic is sarcastic
Haha, M.A.D, I like you. Obvious conclusions are obvious, as well! BLAND has the right idea, of course. Charlie is running a deeper gambit here than we ever suspected. The fact he didn't leave the city after breaking the link with Vanna means that Charlie still has something to accomplish in this battle. As well as something valuable he's able to contribute... But what?

It's common knowledge that Parson disbanded when walking through the portal, so that means all those Thinkamancers will need to team up with Sizemore/Janis/Marie...this means they'll have to go into Spacerock as one, giant, caster-stack. Wicked.

Raza wrote:Hey Oberon, I made you an avatar from today's update. =D

... You made my morning.
Rob Balder wrote:We have one rule in these forums: don't be a dick.
Atomic

Postby Raza » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:08 pm

Fannin wrote:Anyone else predicting decrypted Jason Voorhees mask guy in the near future, he was sort of a zombie in the movies after all...

I did, but for a different reason. Yours is also pretty good, since that guy was a master of inexplicable resurrections.

Atomic wrote:... You made my morning.

=D

Magentawolf wrote:And.. he's... still... not... though... the... portal!

Two more weeks until he's in the MK, and two weeks more until he's in Jetstone. Maybe.

Hoh-no.

He'll probably be in the MK next comic... but Jetstone? That's still at least two months off.
Raza

Postby the_tick_rules » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:19 pm

Oh yeah, who called the heavy unit trigger idea :D
I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
the_tick_rules

Postby Cyanshine » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:20 pm

AAAAARRRGGHHHH!!! I WANT MOAR! MOAR ERF!!!!!!
Cyanshine

Postby bengator » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:21 pm

joosy wrote:
BLANDCorporatio wrote:"We built this city on Rock and Roll"

Ha! I was going to suggest "Run" by Gnarls Barkley, "We Will Rock You' by Queen or "Sixteen Tons" by Johnny Cash but yours is much better.

Erasure's "Always" ala Robot Unicorn Attack game might work as well but Parson' may not get the reference since that Trope came out after he departed our world for Erf.

Not to nitpick, but if you are going to use Sixteen Tons, you should use the Tennessee Ernie Ford pseudo-original and not the Cash remake from the pre-Rubin late 80's period. That remake was pathetic. And yes, that is sad that I know my classic country.

On another note, and I admit that I don't analyze the comic with the depth that most of the board users do, could it be possible that Maggie is in alliance with Charlie and setting Parson up? At the very least, I agree with the analysis that its not a good thing that the Thinkamancers are approaching in numbers. Ultimately, I think Maggie is somehow setting up Parsons, either for MK or Charlie purposes.
bengator

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions