Book 2 – Page 60

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Page 60

Postby splexis » Fri May 06, 2011 3:02 pm

Vreejack wrote:I still have no clue as to why George Harrison (as a member of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, no less) is a mancer, never mind being a thinkamancer.

Yeah, but maybe making him the rabbit from Magical Mystery Tour would have been too abstruse?
splexis

Postby mmooneybsa » Fri May 06, 2011 3:03 pm

SONIC! Drive-In
:D
I don't talk on forums much, because I'll be a dick ;)
mmooneybsa
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Dancingrage » Fri May 06, 2011 3:05 pm

And the boop just hit the fan and its about to fly everywhere.

This page feels like when you're on a rollercoaster, having just reached the top of the first drop, and you have half a second to say to yourself, 'OMGWT..." before the 'coaster begins to drop and it's a long and crazy ride from here on out.

I expect lots of turns, twists, grooves and curves from here on out! Not to mention lots of loop-de-loops
Dancingrage

Postby niklinna » Fri May 06, 2011 3:08 pm

Sieggy wrote:How the hell did Sylvia get multiple Dwagons through the halls? I guess you can resize them like other items, and I absolutely LOVE the expression on her face!

What halls? She's clearly still in the atrium—panel 3 shows the broken roof open to the sky—and attacking the base of the tower.
niklinna
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby gameboy1234 » Fri May 06, 2011 3:11 pm

Uthrac wrote:Cue the Benny Hill music indeed . . . .

OK, second page: Just in case anyone doesn't know, the Benny Hill piece is actually called "Yakety Sax:"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakety_Sax

"Yakety Sax" is often used in television and film as a soundtrack for outlandishly humorous situations. It is frequently used to accompany comedic chases, most notably in the sketch comedy program The Benny Hill Show,[2] where it accompanied otherwise silent, rapidly paced comedy sequences (often involving a chase scene)
"Do it?" Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome?

I did it thirty-five minutes ago.

gameboy1234
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby thorne » Fri May 06, 2011 3:14 pm

Xin,
That closeup of George is one of my most favorite images.
Thanks for the great comic!
thorne

Postby DevilDan » Fri May 06, 2011 3:18 pm

Everything happens at once.
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby slb » Fri May 06, 2011 3:18 pm

Huhu, Sylvia timed well her assault on the tower and got a big prize in bonus. Thinks looks really bad for JS now...

Also, is this Sonic drive-in a place very noisy ?
slb
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby Walt » Fri May 06, 2011 3:21 pm

Vreejack wrote:I still have no clue as to why George Harrison (as a member of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, no less) is a mancer, never mind being a thinkamancer.

I think Parson will get by with a little help from his friends. :D
Walt

Postby Billiam » Fri May 06, 2011 3:22 pm

Long time listener, first time caller (or something to that effect).

I still have no clue as to why George Harrison (as a member of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, no less) is a mancer, never mind being a thinkamancer

Well, he was part of the Magical Mystery Tour at one point, but the outfit from Sgt. Pepper is a big more dignified. I suspect Parson's going to "get by with a little help from my friends."
Billiam

Postby Billiam » Fri May 06, 2011 3:23 pm

And Walt beats me to it while composing! :roll:
Billiam

Postby Walt » Fri May 06, 2011 3:24 pm

Billiam wrote:And Walt beats me to it while composing! :roll:

Great minds think alike. ;)
Walt

Postby TheMutant » Fri May 06, 2011 3:25 pm

Yknow, the more I think about it, the more I'm sold on the idea that George isn't a part of the defense group, but rather a pawn of Charlie. OH DEAR. But it'd fit- Charlie knows that Parson can enter the MK, he may even know that Parson was going there right now (if you believe the Thinkagram-tapping speculation), and didn't the Thinkamancers turn up in a big group? This guy's (seemingly) alone and hiding riiight behind the GK portal. And for that matter, the group was still on the path when we last saw them, which was mere moments before Parson went through.

/removes hat
Last edited by TheMutant on Fri May 06, 2011 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Join the Erflings fanart gallery on DeviantArt!

Sixty wrote:Obviously the mystery caster has no particular feelings one way or the other about Parson, he simply heard "cue the Benny Hill music" and gave chase, compelled to do so by forces outside his control.
TheMutant

Postby Sixty » Fri May 06, 2011 3:26 pm

Anyone notice in panel 5, in the panel within a panel the portal door looks like it is turning brown and becoming solid and not portally? Maybe when someone goes through it needs a second to recharge though I thought we had a few examples of people going through a portal in rapid succession.

My tin foil hat prediction? George there used some Foolamancy already and the portal appearing activated and normal is an illusion.
Sixty
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby MichaelR138 » Fri May 06, 2011 3:28 pm

Okay, Here is what I can remember of the tactical situation:

The stairs to the tower are now comprimised as the GK forces from the Atrium have direct line of fire and access to them.

Slatey is in the tower with all his sides casters which is about to come crashign down from the attacks by the Purple Dwagons

Slately's assets in the tower are:
Himself
A Healamancer
A hatamancer
A Dollamancer
A Dittomancer (the only caster with direct offensive capabilities, then even those are limited to augmenting other units or attacks)
9 Unipegataurs
a half dozen or more Orlys
and a whole lot of archers with no arrows left.
Have I missed anything?

Real interesting to see if Jetstone survives this turn or if this is Side Out Jetstone.

Michael
MichaelR138

Postby ryanroyce » Fri May 06, 2011 3:29 pm

It seems that Hamster has been spotted, and Georgie will do something to protect him. But not necessarily something thinkamancy-related as he is using a scroll.

Or--less likely--someone else intercepted that message from Maggie and is here to stop Parson.

At first blush, I had George pegged as a Hippiemancer, but after a quick googling revealed this quote ("Hippies are so phoney and fake" -- George Harrison), I now suspect that he's an agent of Charlie's in disquise.

He was there before the GMTTA arrived on the scene (see p57) so he isn't likely one of them. He also appeared to be watching Sizemore & Co as they walked by, so it seems like he knew what was up before even Janis did, indicating that isn't a Hippie. Charlie is the only other party, I believe, that could be expecting Parson's arrival.
ryanroyce
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby wrecan » Fri May 06, 2011 3:29 pm

The Sgt. Pepper-ish caste is not George Harrison or any of the Beatles. None of the Beatles had beards in Sgt. Pepper. It's actually -- believe it or not -- Barry Gibb as Mark Henderson in the film of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, from 1978! That film -- which was awful by the way -- had Peter Frampton as Billy Shears *the John Lennon costume), and the Bee Gees (Barry, Robin, and Maurice), as Paul, George and Ringo's characters, respectively. Barry Gibb was credited as "Mark Henderson".

wrecan

Postby Jorgath » Fri May 06, 2011 3:30 pm

MichaelR138 wrote:Have I missed anything?

A Jetpack.
"It matters not how strait the gait,
how charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul."
--William Ernest Henley, Invictus

Jorgath

Postby MichaelR138 » Fri May 06, 2011 3:32 pm

Sixty wrote:Anyone notice in panel 5, in the panel within a panel the portal door looks like it is turning brown and becoming solid and not portally? Maybe when someone goes through it needs a second to recharge though I thought we had a few examples of people going through a portal in rapid succession.

My tin foil hat prediction? George there used some Foolamancy already and the portal appearing activated and normal is an illusion.

I think if you look close you will see the brown is Lord Hamster's cloak, nothign to do with the portal.

Michael
MichaelR138

Postby MichaelR138 » Fri May 06, 2011 3:34 pm

Jorgath wrote:
MichaelR138 wrote:Have I missed anything?

A Jetpack.

Yes, I had a line in the post initially covering all of Ace's toys, but accidentally edited it out.

Michael
MichaelR138

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions