Book 2 – Text Updates 050

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Text Updates 050

Postby Beeskee » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:42 pm

BLANDCorporatio wrote:
Beeskee wrote:If there is no real update for a week, I will write an erotic Sylvia/Artemis fanfic and post it here.

wait, there's one!

All part of my carefully crafted plan to get Rob to update. ;)
Beeskee
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:48 pm

holy_dwead wrote:I wonder who the "voices at Court" were that got Artemis put to pasture? Perhaps the lucky Forthewin had many loves, and two or more them were jealous of Artemis?

Also, I have no confidence in Artemis' band of knights. You can't foreshadow any more clearly than by naming these redshirts after dog food.

Geh. It's not the band that counts in the end. Sylvia's three or so comrades (with the possible exception of Capt. Archer, if he's even around) will be felled in the first instant as well. So there's that.

For some reason, this Sylvia (melee crazy) vs. Artemis (range, uhm, crazy) matchup makes me think of Paladin Anderson vs. Alucard. Not that personalities match much but maybe styles of combat do. Which is, of course, not good news for Paladin Andersylvia.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Hidden Sanity » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:04 pm

So, we've been introduced to Artemis, a skilled commander and warlord who is a horrible diplomat.
She is on the same side as Tram, who is a skilled and cunning diplomat but lacks a bit in the combat command department....

Anyone else seeing the makings of a highly efective Ruler/CWL combo here?
Hidden Sanity

Postby Morgaln » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:17 pm

Occasional Sage wrote:
BakaGrappler wrote:Since Rob went to the effort to give us an awesome name, a complete physical description, a history complete with achievements, and a woman with intelligence, I am sincerely hoping she does not Croak. Should Jetstone remain an enemy of GK, I'm hoping she'll become the new right hand man to replace Antiem, who's been TWARTed. Minerva and Sylvia may even become rivals. Nothing better than a catfight with swords and the like.

I'm confused. Are you suggesting that "a woman with intelligence" is odd to see in Erfworld? That's how the sentence reads to me, which is blatantly incorrect.

Also: Minerva? Her parallel is Athena, not Artemis.

Well, so far she is the first woman that seems to have some understandings for tactics, which of course isn't the same as being intelligent. Lets look at the other main combat-oriented female characters and how they act:

Wanda: Fate is on my side, I'm invincible
Sylvia: Lord Hamster is on my side, I'm invincible
Jillian: Screw everyone else, whatever I do is right

It is refreshing to see a female character on the battlefront that is applying some thinking to the situation, instead of being single-minded.
Morgaln

Postby ╒╦╧╬╩╦╦╛ » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:33 pm

Dancing Cthulhu wrote:
AL_Lagarto wrote:If Gobwin Knob 'inherits' the production of a royal heir, Parson might have quite the job convincing Stanley not to disband an unwanted heir.

It would be a really interesting turn of events. Assuming it was a good heir it could become a very potent unit. Although I guess Stanley wouldn't need to keep it as an heir, just as a royal warlord (assuming Trem, Oss and Ansom were all popped as royal heirs, only one was officially designated as it). Although then again Stanley is a bit envious of royals I suspect - it might appeal to him to has a royal heir.

I agree with AL_Lagarto, disbanding costly units like an heir seem to be the kind of mistakes Stanley wouldn't make, and I also doubt he would camcel the production of an half-paid heir, he would surely see the classical sequence:

1- Get a discount on heir popping
2- ??????
3- Profit
3 Naughtymancers of different disciplines walk into a bar... wait, forget what I just said. A shockmancer and a croakamancer walk into a bar.
╒╦╧╬╩╦╦╛

Postby Swodaems » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:52 pm

Chekhov's Wand of Cure Incapacitation

I'm guessing this means that if any of Jetstone's four casters survive the fall, then they will have the ability to cure Trammenis readily at hand. Or maybe even any commander.
Swodaems

Postby pSycHOtic chICkeN » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:01 pm

ftl wrote:Artemis doesn't seem that formidable to me. Sylvia can survive this.

If Jetstone's hopes are on random level 8 warlords blindly charging into battle, that's not a good sign.

I am expecting snipe not charge. Can not be sure what "stack for stealth" means but a stealth charge is not likely.

Sylvia might be perforated and still survive. We don't know her hit points or the damage done by missiles.
pSycHOtic chICkeN

Postby Balerion » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:18 pm

I have to disagree with those who are complimenting Artemis on her tactical analysis, and that it is somehow better than Tramennis'. I guess breakdown by incident:
1. Spotting the dragons actions as a risk (both when they started bombing, and when they were harvested)
She doesn't differ from Tramennis in any significant way here so far as I can see; the bombing concerns her, but in a "bombing is always bad" kind of way; Tramennis reacted to it by ordering the yellows to get shot down, so he thought it should be stopped as well :P. Seeing the wrong dragons falling disturbed her; same for Tramennis ("no, i said target the yellows, why are the other colors falling?"). Did she actually spot the way the other side would attack? no. She followed about the same thought pattern as the chief warlord. And like him, realized how much things had changed as a result fairly quickly.

2. Using the side streets
Not sure what the edge she is looking to gain with this is... It does make less of a concentrated target for the enemy, and I suppose would give flanking opportunities, but it also creates targets of opportunity; with small bands scattered down side streets, GW can hunt them down and decrypt them. The main body can't provide support because its tied up protecting the tower, which is GG if it falls. Scattering the soldiers seems like a blunder in my mind, not a good plan. In conventional fighting, ie no decryption, it might work better, but with decryption it seems like an error. I suppose doing it with the plan of immediately attacking/flanking with those troops might make sense, but that only works if you can win the battle; it would be a huge risk, gambling the entire side on a close fight. but its also possible that I just don't see what she meant by splitting the forces; perhaps just a different arrangement, still all clustered near the tower.

3. Getting angry that Tramennis was going into the tower/getting incapacitated
She doesn't have the info that he did; Slately wasn't coming out, and they needed to get him to do so. Others already have pointed that one out. Notice that she didn't spot the siege from her position on the walls, which was high up (i would assume); I think its fair to say that the purples got lucky in terms of simply there not being time to relay the fact they were at the gates before everything went to hell, and happening to catch a target of opportunity.

So really, has she had any idea that Tramennis didn't? The big difference seems to be that she is wanting to engage, now, whereas Tramennis was more concerned about guaranteeing the sides survival than winning the battle. Doesn't mean she is wrong to have that focus, but neither does it mean he is wrong. By deciding to start re-engaging the enemy, she is risks throwing away soldiers without inflicting lasting harm (after all, killing the purple commanders but getting killed herself->GW gain on her decryption, and she has no idea where the bulk of their army is; attacking, though pretty much necessary at this point, is a huge risk).
Balerion

Postby M.A.D » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:29 pm

pSycHOtic chICkeN wrote:
ftl wrote:Artemis doesn't seem that formidable to me. Sylvia can survive this.

If Jetstone's hopes are on random level 8 warlords blindly charging into battle, that's not a good sign.

I am expecting snipe not charge. Can not be sure what "stack for stealth" means but a stealth charge is not likely.

Sylvia might be perforated and still survive. We don't know her hit points or the damage done by missiles.

"Stack for stealth" means exactly what it says. She stacks up in a team of 4, which is a group big enough for combat but small enough for quick mobility and camouflage. The specific order "stack for stealth" means that they will use light gears which is also good for silence and quick movements, and try their best to move against the enemy undetected. With that, she was going to snipe down Sylvia from a relatively safe distance instead of charging in.
M.A.D

Postby Beeskee » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:48 pm

I'm guessing the thing with the side streets makes more sense if they were facing a conventional enemy. Parson will throw a big wrench into every plan but against a regular Erfworld warlord it makes sense. With decryption (or even plain vanilla uncroaking) GK's plan to take the dungeons serves to strengthen them and Jetstone knows it, Jetstone warlords will probably imagine them massing their troops below before taking the upper city the same way. If GK does this, they will probably lead the charge with high-level units. In which case, you don't want your level 1s taking the spearhead of the assault. That just gives GK more uncroaked/decrypted units to play with. Moving the level 1s to the side streets and having them flank whatever battle force GK comes charging out with, while meeting that same force head-on with wall of high-level units to absorb the brunt of the attack, is a perfectly viable strategy.
Beeskee
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby drachefly » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:16 pm

We don't know whether Wanda can decrypt units she isn't aware of. When she did the army at the end of tBfGK, she was looking out over it. Could she just wave the pliers around and raise any dead people without being sure there were any?

Side streets don't seem so bad in that case - sure, they might be decrypted, but not immediately in large numbers.
drachefly
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Beeskee » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:35 pm

True, though decryption doesn't even matter at that point. They only have to kill the defenders (or croak the king) to win. Wanda can decrypt anyone she didn't get to after that, at her leisure.

For the previous post, I'm not saying that is GK's plan. Just that it is what I think some units of Jetstone think GK's plan is.
Beeskee
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Dr Pepper » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:43 pm

My suggestion:

1. Artemis shoots Scarlett, wounding her and breaking her concentration. The purples stop their sonic attack.

2. Duke Lacrosse comes up, hits Artemis with his +5 Leer of Creepiness, a minor Shockamancy special.

3. Artemis realizes that she's unlikely to get in a second shot, plus the tower is showing the distinct Signamancy of imminent collapse. The king is still in danger!

4. Trusting that it will take a few melee rounds to restart the dragon attack, she leads her troops in a mad rush up the stairs. One of the knights has Tram slung over one shoulder.

5. At the top, Artemis runs right into the group, nearly trampling Cubbins and not bothering to bow.

Artemis: "Sire, your son is out of it. I am the highest ranking commander you have left, you must promote me!"

Slately: "Mutter, mutter, sigh. I hereby name Countess Artemis as Chief Warlady! For now, anyway/"

Artemis: "Thank you. Now what is the situation here?"

Pierce: "This tall piece of chiseled plastic has a flying rack he wants to put the king into".

Ace: "It's the only way to get him safely out of here!"

Lloyd: "What he said."

Artemis: "Then that's what we do!" She grabs Slately and straps him in.

Ace: "To Jetstone City Tower!"

Lloyd: "At double speed! At double speed!"

Ace presses the Autopilot button and the jetpack takes off. Even the Archons are taken by surprise and before they can decide if they should stop it, it's already out of the hex.

6. Artemis has Ace take the unconscious Tram and directs the casters to form up behind her stack. She then orders the courtiers to form a stack in front. When one asks why she says it's so that they can finally be useful for a change. Of course she means as damage shields. Heh, there's one off her life list! Then she orders Lllyod to put all his juice into her stack's offense, Cubbins to keep his hat ready for communications, and Pierce to heal Trammenis as soon as there's time.

7. Then they all charge down the stairs, with Artemis's Knights yelling "who let the dogs out!".

8. They collide with Scarlett's troops just as the tower disintegrates behind them. Yurp takes out most of the courtiers.

9. Artemis exchanges a few shots with Captain Archer, then finds herself nose to nose with Scarlett. One is primarily a missle wielder, the other is impaired by a wound, this could be a close fight.

10. Suddenly Parson bursts through the doorway. Wanda is beside him with the staff. She projects Mass Paralysis. Those who save are lured into fighting phantoms by Jack.

11. Parson orders all livng enemy units to be taken prisoner, which includes Artemis and most of her dogs.

12. Parson looks over the prisoners with his stat glasses.

Parson: "Hmmm, more casters. Nice. And what's this? Prince of Jetstone. Well, well, well!"

Scarlett: "Lady Firebaugh, Your new commander is here."

Antium: "We have secured the city, my Lady."

Wanda: "Tell him, he's your Chief Warlord, just come from Gobwin Knob by way of the Magic Kingdom."

Antium: "But that's impossible!"

Wanda: "Impossible is his special. Lord Hamster, this is Duke Antium."

Parson: "Impressive stats, there, Antium. I hereby appoint you as First Warlord of Spacerock. Scarlett, you are now Governor. Pending approval from Lord Stanley, of course."

13. Scarlett has a reunion with Jeftichew. He's disappointed that she no longer wants to participate in his knife throwing act.

14. Duke Lacrosse is found in a broom closet with one of Jetstone's courtiers.

Lacrosse: "It's ok, we're old friends! See, i've turned her!"

Courtier: "You didn't have to turn me so hard, that hurt!"

Lacrosse: "What can i say, sweet cheeks? When you're with Lacrosse, you know who's boss!"
Read, like there won't be a movie
Game, like the die rolls don't matter
Filk, like everyone is tone deaf anyway

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . .4
Dr Pepper

Postby The.Healing.Mage » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:50 pm

BLANDCorporatio wrote:
holy_dwead wrote:I wonder who the "voices at Court" were that got Artemis put to pasture? Perhaps the lucky Forthewin had many loves, and two or more them were jealous of Artemis?

Also, I have no confidence in Artemis' band of knights. You can't foreshadow any more clearly than by naming these redshirts after dog food.

Geh. It's not the band that counts in the end. Sylvia's three or so comrades (with the possible exception of Capt. Archer, if he's even around) will be felled in the first instant as well. So there's that.

Something everyone's been forgetting is that Lady Sylvia doesn't just have the Purples under her command - those are just stacked for siege. EVERY OTHER DWAGON is stacked around them. Remember that cloud of dwagons that emerged from the Veil? The stacks that carpeted Jetstone's airspace? Wanda didn't airdrop in with a catapult and a few heavies and leadership and Jack, she dropped in with the equivalent of several squadrons of Apache attack helicopters. Or maybe Hueys, depending on how you interpret the Archons massacring the wounded Dwagons back in tBfGW. Either way, incredibly bad news. And as Ossomer just spent a text update PMSing about, Dwagons will take a hit for you (unlike the carpet he was stuck with up at the tower).
The.Healing.Mage

Postby Oberon » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:52 pm

Aquillion wrote:What I mean is, sure, he'll do slightly more damage when he hits stuff. So what? His team has thousands of people who can hit stuff. The things that make him important won't improve with level, and his time would be better spent studying tactics or Erfworld rules -- focusing on the things only he can do rather than things that any Twoll can do.
What I meant when I said that there was a large grey area between Stupidworld experience and Erfworld experience is that many things make logical sense in both "systems", such as a martial artist becoming better at striking an opponent and dodging an opponents blows, and some things we just don't know if they make logical sense, such as a general officer being a better strategist which is typical in Stupidworld but we don't know if a L1 unit has just as much of a chance to be a smart general officer as a L9 unit. We know that levels in Erfworld improve physical characteristics and capabilities. We don't know if they improve mental characteristics and capabilities as well.
AL_Lagarto wrote:If Gobwin Knob 'inherits' the production of a royal heir, Parson might have quite the job convincing Stanley not to disband an unwanted heir.
In every turn based medieval flavored game I have played, capturing a city sets the production counter back to zero and the capturing side makes a new selection for future production. Not that Erfworld has to operate that way, but it is a strong theme in the games the Erfworld setting is based upon.
Beeskee wrote:Lots of folks get accused of being idiots tho.
Some of them, such as Tram, even deserve the label.
BLANDCorporatio wrote:I wonder how the Parson/Sylvia shippers will react to this turn of events though.
I'm not a Parson/Sylvia shipper, but I would respond with an immediate ship to ship combat of Artemis/Sylvia.
John Campbell wrote:A Dance with Dwagons just takes too long to do.
Have you ever danced with a dwagon in the pale moonlight?
How using capslock wins arguments:
Zeroberon wrote:So we know with 100% certainty that THIS IS HOW TRI-LINKS WORK, PERIOD END OF STORY.
Oberon

Postby Dancing Cthulhu » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:30 pm

Heh, I was sure I had heard of Forthewin before, he was one of the sons (or royal heirs) that Slately thought about while looking at the statues on the way to the parley. Sons that didn't make it. "There stood Victor, his first son, fond of music and beloved of the court. And Lustrius, his third. That one ought to have been a king. Titas, laconic and grim. Forthewin, who could command and conquer, but whose legendary Luckamancy eventually wore out. Wonderloaf, who fell bravely in his first battle, sliced down while still fresh. And on, and on.

Perhaps his downfall had really been because he but to much faith in his luck (or fate perhaps), and got into a battle he never had a hope of winning (except through luck).

BLANDCorporatio wrote:For some reason, this Sylvia (melee crazy) vs. Artemis (range, uhm, crazy) matchup makes me think of Paladin Anderson vs. Alucard. Not that personalities match much but maybe styles of combat do. Which is, of course, not good news for Paladin Andersylvia.

I like that comparison, if only because it makes me imagine the kind of a crazy, over the top battle that could occur (and no matter how badly injured one or both of the combatants get you know they'll be back for more at a later date).

The same courtiers Slately was earlier thinking about (with lies and all)?

Holy boop guys, it's not just any random portrait, it's Shar-Teel!

It's a nice bit of detail, that. Though now I wonder, what with a giant hamster (well, compared to Erfworlders Parson is kind of giant) running around, will a Minsc look alike pop up (to kick butt for justice and all).

gazes_also wrote:My opinion of Trem has gone down a bit, not just for getting himself incapacitated AGAIN, but for not recognizing the capabilities of those around him. You would think as a passed over and ignored non-heir royal he would have an appreciation for others whose abilities didn't fit with the Jetstone mold, like Ace or Artemis, and engage the loyalty of these misfits. You would think he could see the value their originality. But no. Seems the apple didn't fall that far from the tree after all. At least Slately is prepared to give them a chance now that no other options are open.

He's been a bit unlucky. At the bridge it was he and Warlord E. Brows who were most keyed into GKs deception and not being in command he was presumably with Oss on Oss' orders. Not much more he could have done to stop getting gummed by a pink dwagon. In the second case he had descended the tower after the parley, shut the gate to the atrium (which is right at the tower stairs) and then given the all clear for Slatey, casters and guard to come down so they could move out of direct danger (the tower, due to its proximity to the atrium). He was still there because Slately wasn't coming down. When the purples attacked he must of been standing in just the wrong spot since no one else seemed to be knocked out.

As for missing the quality in others - he hasn't been given a chance to do that (though he has treated Jillian, Charlie and Decrypted Oss far better then Jetstone usually would). With Artemis - weren't the majority of the archers already on the walls while Trem and Oss were in the field? Which would mean Oss put her there. When Trem returned there wasn't much reason to move her since the plan was still "shooting them down". Trem also doesn't have the experience with her Oss does - he might never have even talked to her before and might only know the court gossip (she got Forthewin killed, she injured Ansom) if that.

Same with Ace. Oss is the one who has experience with Ace and his potential. And Slately pulled the plug on that meeting, not Trem. Plus at the time it looked like victory was in the bag for Jetstone, so he probably wouldn't have felt the pressing need to spend time with the caster who thinks outside the box before the parley. I think he would have spoken to Ace after the parley if things hadn't turned bad so fast. And even if he had stuck around up there to talk with him LL would still be attacking the tower by now.

Add in the time limit - he has had, what, 10 minutes or less since the dwagons fell? So unless he already has the knowledge we do about Ace and Artemis he doesn't really have the time/reason to be doing anything differently with them or to be learning about all the individuals with great potential has has scatted throughout his forces that might be more useful somewhere else.

Beeskee wrote:Tram made a mistake but he isn't an idiot for doing so. Yes, he should have known the purples were there, via scouts and damn well paying attention to his surroundings on the battlefield. (He couldn't see them personally, but someone under his command should have.) If he knew they were there and was hoping to slip past, then he just got unlucky. Risky moves don't always pay off.

He did know they were in the atrium, mere meters away from the tower stairs - when he descended the tower we see him scoping the situation before ordering the gate sealed (the gate the dwagons destroyed). There wasn't much further scouting that could be done on ground level (since they already knew all the enemy were in the atrium and presumably it would take time for a scout to get around to another atrium entrance and then travel back with the report). Someone in the tower might have been able to look over and see what was going on, but that would also take time to convey to Trem.

I don't think he was planning anything immediate with purples either, his whole and only reason for being there was to keep the coast clear: "I will reconnoiter in force to make sure the way is clear. When I give the signal you will descend the tower in a maximum stack, with all casters and top tower units, then make your way into the city. At which point you will be safe from direct enemy action..." The bolded bit is where Trem was up to and stuck at, since Slately wasn't coming down.

Trem was planning for the garrison to be lost to the GK forces. He was only waiting there long enough for Slately to get out of it. Once Slately was safe Trem would make a "strategic decision" - if he believed they could win he would counter attack the garrison with everything at his disposal, if he thought it too risky he was planning on retreating to the new capitol rather then giving Wanda a new army..
Last edited by Dancing Cthulhu on Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And so my time with the Tardy Elves draws to a close, and I am let to ponder how the experience will... eh, I'll finish later. No need to rush.
Dancing Cthulhu

Postby Dancing Cthulhu » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:48 pm

Beeskee wrote:I'm guessing the thing with the side streets makes more sense if they were facing a conventional enemy. Parson will throw a big wrench into every plan but against a regular Erfworld warlord it makes sense. With decryption (or even plain vanilla uncroaking) GK's plan to take the dungeons serves to strengthen them and Jetstone knows it, Jetstone warlords will probably imagine them massing their troops below before taking the upper city the same way. If GK does this, they will probably lead the charge with high-level units. In which case, you don't want your level 1s taking the spearhead of the assault. That just gives GK more uncroaked/decrypted units to play with. Moving the level 1s to the side streets and having them flank whatever battle force GK comes charging out with, while meeting that same force head-on with wall of high-level units to absorb the brunt of the attack, is a perfectly viable strategy.

Yes, I think that makes sense.

The.Healing.Mage wrote:Something everyone's been forgetting is that Lady Sylvia doesn't just have the Purples under her command - those are just stacked for siege. EVERY OTHER DWAGON is stacked around them. Remember that cloud of dwagons that emerged from the Veil? The stacks that carpeted Jetstone's airspace? Wanda didn't airdrop in with a catapult and a few heavies and leadership and Jack, she dropped in with the equivalent of several squadrons of Apache attack helicopters. Or maybe Hueys, depending on how you interpret the Archons massacring the wounded Dwagons back in tBfGW. Either way, incredibly bad news. And as Ossomer just spent a text update PMSing about, Dwagons will take a hit for you (unlike the carpet he was stuck with up at the tower).

I guess it is a good thing for Jetstone the Dwagons are having to attack up stairs and through a narrow (ish - for a bunch of dwagons) portal. At the moment LL has the way to the tower blocked with purples, so all the other dwagon types aren't going to figure into an attack on the lead purples until that stack is dead or moves out of the way (or, if they want to use their breath weapons and risk hitting the purples blocking the way).
And so my time with the Tardy Elves draws to a close, and I am let to ponder how the experience will... eh, I'll finish later. No need to rush.
Dancing Cthulhu

Postby BakaGrappler » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:53 pm

Occasional Sage wrote:
BakaGrappler wrote:Since Rob went to the effort to give us an awesome name, a complete physical description, a history complete with achievements, and a woman with intelligence, I am sincerely hoping she does not Croak. Should Jetstone remain an enemy of GK, I'm hoping she'll become the new right hand man to replace Antiem, who's been TWARTed. Minerva and Sylvia may even become rivals. Nothing better than a catfight with swords and the like.

I'm confused. Are you suggesting that "a woman with intelligence" is odd to see in Erfworld? That's how the sentence reads to me, which is blatantly incorrect.

Also: Minerva? Her parallel is Athena, not Artemis.

Yup, my bad. Finals week and I suck at architecture, so my brain is a little fried. Artemis. I've always liked the name Minerva though, and hope to convince a future wife to let me name a daughter that, at least as a middle name. That's probably why my stress addled mind seized on it.

And by a woman with intelligence, I mean just that. She is smart and perceptive. She adapted to the changing battle situation by giving very clear orders to her soldiers instead of getting lost in the moment with indecisiveness when the Dwagons started to fall, telling her archers to aim at Archons in very specific order. She also, as soon as she saw the battle was going poorly and that the chain of command had been hit, takes action to halt the enemy's forward progress, even though it may end up costing her life. She is smart, decisive, and self-assured. She's the kind of female character this world needs more of in it's popular fiction, without going into the Fan-service angle that invariably occurs which ruins the credability of those characters.

And right now, I know exactly what Artemis is doing. She's setting up a Sniper Squad. Possibly even making it a cross-fire on the entrance, since it looks like Artemis is setting her squad up in the upper levels of the garrison's structure and may have another squad of Knights she can place on the other side. So Minerva will be setting up a sniping position to accurately hit every Warlord she can, especially the ones on the Dwagons that are causing the havoc, which will whittle away all the strength the GK Decrypted have in their assault. Do you guys have any idea how scary a sniper is? A single sniper can pin down an entire platoon, and one as skilled a Artemis may be able to do a lot more.

And you know what is awesome? If Ansom had taken Artemis with him as a second in command instead of Webinar then Parson would have lost the Battle for Gobwin's Knob, since Sizemore just barely won against Webinar's leadership bonus in the tunnels. If a Warlord like Artemis, with her level 7 bonus that is comparable to that of the other Warlords that Webinar had said had higher bonuses than him, had been in those tunnels, Sizemore would have bought it, and Parson's plan would have fallen apart. Just another instance of how Royals are always hamstringing themselves.

BLANDCorporatio wrote:Here's a thread starter. The OP is relevant. Now, me calling BakkaGrappler a P/S shipper is my usual brand of hyperbole, but as you can see the premises are there.

That theory is mainly based on the story Sylvia told Ossomer about when she died. Mentioning Parson, Sylvia acted like she was being snuggled by a down comforter and seemed to instinctively feel Parson's life force. Rob would not have made such revelations if it meant nothing to the unfolding of the story. The pull of Loyalty, Duty, and the Natural Thinkamancy of Love may end up becoming a factor for more than just Jillian in this comic, and I say why not? Why make Jillian the only person people wanna hook up with?

And I like to theorize.

Like Jack Snipe and Jillian. Jack and Jill. Jack has already been brain damaged, "Broken his Crown." Will Jill be tumbling after? Who knows, but it's fun to think about.
Hey, have you read Shadows of the Evergreen? It's my ErfFic. People say it's pretty good over here, and who am I to argue? Check it out, and then tell me what you think of my hack writing.
Last Updated: 6/16/14
BakaGrappler

Postby ╒╦╧╬╩╦╦╛ » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:08 am

I can'T help but wonder what in the 9 hells would Stanley do with a bunch of decrypted courtier... I can't wait to see his imagination on that task... Hey! Got an idea, maybe he could give them the scary hand puppets refered to in Wanda's description!
3 Naughtymancers of different disciplines walk into a bar... wait, forget what I just said. A shockmancer and a croakamancer walk into a bar.
╒╦╧╬╩╦╦╛

Postby The.Healing.Mage » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:45 am

Dancing Cthulhu wrote:or, if they want to use their breath weapons and risk hitting the purples blocking the way

Before this update did we have confirmation about friendly fire? (It's on, as Artemis proved.)
The.Healing.Mage

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions