Book 2 – Page 68

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Page 68

Postby Pointyleaf » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:15 pm

Remetheus wrote:Also unrelated question, where can I get the Erfworldian font style?

Gorilla Milkshake? Just about anywhere, I think. Try http://www.fontspace.com/blambot/gorilla-milkshake
Pointyleaf

Postby Radagast » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:09 am

Goshen wrote:Then I thought of him stacking with Marie and Janice, and then I thought of how terrifyingly powerful it would be to three-way link a thinkamancer, a predictamancer, and foolamancer. :shock: Any two of those linked could do some scary stuff.

Jannis is a Hippiemancer not a Thinkamancer. And you need one of those to form a link, alas.
Radagast

Postby StClair » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:21 am

"Bit of a lateral thinker."
"I don't know what that means."
o---f course you don't. :P
StClair

Postby fruityjanitor » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:39 am

Just wanted to add my voice to the legion of Jack fanboys!

It's pretty impressive when he can do something as simple as sticking his head through a portal to make me change my mind from "This one has some good lines, but why didn't they just do it as a text update?" to "YEAH! This page is awesome! Jack for president!"
fruityjanitor
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby caranha » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:09 am

Awesome comic. It would be an even more awesome-r follow up if Jack just lied about the whole situation, but the thinkamancers there could check that pretty quickly with some thinkagrams.

Three pages and I'm the first one to notice that Wanda's signamancy is getting smaller every time she shows up in the comic? She had her full armor on when they took the portal room, so it is not battle damage. :-P
caranha

Postby kreszantas » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:44 am

caranha wrote:Awesome comic. It would be an even more awesome-r follow up if Jack just lied about the whole situation, but the thinkamancers there could check that pretty quickly with some thinkagrams.

Three pages and I'm the first one to notice that Wanda's signamancy is getting smaller every time she shows up in the comic? She had her full armor on when they took the portal room, so it is not battle damage. :-P

Actually in http://www.erfworld.com/page/26/ frame 4 you can see the white wraps showing under Wanda's left arm after the fall that broke the from the fall and in the text update she breaks it off here http://www.erfworld.com/page/17/
Huh? What was that sound, oh nevermind it was nothing.
kreszantas

Postby Dr Pepper » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:59 am

Cheeky Jack! I wonder if he can throw an image of Parson running away. It only has to fool the Great Minds for one melee round while Parson enters the portal under veil.

Also, apparently Parson's greatness cannot be explained in words.

Holly Strawberry looks pretty much the way i expected.
Read, like there won't be a movie
Game, like the die rolls don't matter
Filk, like everyone is tone deaf anyway

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . .4
Dr Pepper

Postby King Mir » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:06 am

caranha wrote:Awesome comic. It would be an even more awesome-r follow up if Jack just lied about the whole situation, but the thinkamancers there could check that pretty quickly with some thinkagrams.

Former Duke Lacrosse noticed.
King Mir

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:43 am

Jack is of course awesome. There's a reason why he's among my top two Characters of Erfworld, along with Maggie and Stanl- top three Characters of Erfworld. I'll come in again.

King Mir wrote:
caranha wrote:Three pages and I'm the first one to notice that Wanda's signamancy is getting smaller every time she shows up in the comic? She had her full armor on when they took the portal room, so it is not battle damage. :-P

Former Duke Lacrosse noticed.

Use this link to get to that page. As more updates pile up, "/page/17" will point to newer and newer ones.

Pointyleaf wrote:
Remetheus wrote:Also unrelated question, where can I get the Erfworldian font style?

Gorilla Milkshake? Just about anywhere, I think. Try http://www.fontspace.com/blambot/gorilla-milkshake

While I can't say for sure that Gorilla Milkshake is THE Erfworld font, it's the one I used in almost all custom avs I made (except when I go for some version of IMPACT, like the "Wear your helmet" one), it's probably what Rizban used as well, and more to the point, it looks like what Erfworld uses. So yeah, go with that.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby splintermute » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:59 am

MonteCristo wrote:A unit using another kingdom's portal would shake the very foundations of the magic kingdom.
And THIS is how the unwritten rule is broken. Bravo Jack, Bravo.

Casters seem to use allied kingdoms' portals all the time. E.g. Jillian left parley with Wanda to tell her she was sending Vanna through the portal, and Wanda (who should presumably know about such things) didn't find it suspicious.
splintermute

Postby pm123 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:43 am

I do so love Jack.

This update was beyond exceptional.
pm123

Postby teratorn » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:43 am

Beeskee wrote:Oh and we see more of Decrypted thinking for themselves, even in Wanda's presence. People don't usually hold conversations with sock puppets, if that's all Decrypted were then most of this comic wouldn't exist.

Decrypted seem to be relatively close to their former selves, with minor adjustments. Religious guys like Ansom, that think their role in life is to follow the titans will, or fate-oriented people like Sylvia readily embrace toolism. In their past lives both of them considered holding the pliers like something of worth. Antium and the like just changed their loyalty score to Wanda. The pliers don't seem to change personal likes and dislikes (Antium still doesn't like Lacrosse, Ansom had problems in executing his brother, Ossomer still cares about his father) except in regard to Wanda.

Ossomer wasn't particularly worried about the titan mandate thing, and didn't care about holding the pliers. His loyalty to his new side seems to break when he faces his father, implying that his filial ties were stronger than his loyalty score even for his former side. I wouldn't be surprised if he turned in time to be king of Jetstone.
teratorn

Postby sleepymancer » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:37 am

Stacky-Stacky,
Whacky-Whacky,
Parson gets,
thinkamancer Snacky!
s

(Sorry for that, but it just popped into my head).

So, calculating the odds of success for Parson stacked with Sizemore, Janis, Marie, Jack and Wanda... Not to mention if MAggie were to suddenly leg it though the tunnel. and that should be 'tubed also :p

(not that I think she would or even should)

Most importantly, however: BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!
I tend to witter on, produce copious typos and run off on nonsensical tangents. If I've done this here, please forgive me :D
I also get a bit obstinate and argumentative. If I'm not budging or understanding your counterargument call me on my manners
sleepymancer

Postby suryasm » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:44 am

I love that grin which jack gives Adam: "You lucky tool." The line combined with all those teeth makes for very interesting connotations of 'lucky'. Adam Antium is just oblivious to the hint, or he's that stoic.

Also, now we know that "disband yourself" is Erfspeak for "f*** you". And knowing is half the battle :P
suryasm

Postby HandofShadows » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:46 am

Great, GREAT page. We see Jack being Jack and may have gotten a new meme out of it as well from Wanda (Disband yourself). :mrgreen: :lol:
HandofShadows

Postby effataigus » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:51 am

The hard part about Parson sneaking out under veil or under distraction would be making sure that Parson and Jack are on the same page about the plan.

If only they had some way to communicate telepathically... or know what's about to happen...

I love how huge Jack's eyes are in the 2nd to last panel.
Last edited by effataigus on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am, edited 239044 times in total.
effataigus

Postby drachefly » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:53 am

I was hoping something like this would happen, but of course it happened with more character than I imagined.
drachefly
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby The.Healing.Mage » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:56 am

Xin's artwork, Rob's dialogue, and Rizban's avatar. A trifecta of pure, unadulterated WIN. Aaaaaaaaaaand Jack is BACK!! BOOP yes. Wait, now it's a quad...fecta? Damnit Jack. But he has returned to his traditional spot as my favorite caster, edging out Sizemore by a smallish margin, then Maggie, then Jefti. And then Charlie. And then somewhere very, very far away, Wanda, the Jetstone casters, Bunny, the Thinkamancers, essentially everyone who isn't Marie Lavraie. I actively despise her. AFAIK she's the Big Bad. There, now you may all partake in the utility of my tinfoil hattery.

And I'm going to say for some reason Wanda looks ... cute in this update. And not her usual scary/sexy/ohgodwhyamIthinkingaboutacomiccharacter way, but slightly adorable. Maybe she feels like she's lost control and so her signamancy is more vulnerable or something (thanks to Titanic Signamancer Xin) and titansdamnit there we go again.

Like everyone else, I feel the urge to share my appreciation of the lines "Wanda [without even looking]: 'Yes' Jack: 'Yes'" and "Disband yourself" and "Little fellow, bit smaller than a palace." The last two panels made me lol myself. "Disband yourself" especially. Jack knows he has Wanda by the figurative short-hairs over her romances. And she knows that he knows. And he's playing it for all it's worth, in the middle of a booping enemy city, defended only by her army and her unstable mental state. Cojones, man. He might have to use foolmancy to hide how booping huge his 'nads are.

Also, anyone else notice Jack say "You lucky tool."? I think the Toolism War has started to change the Erf in ways we haven't thought of, if "Tool" is now a casual conversation word. Even if it's Jack's casual conversation, which is admittedly a definingly unusual sample. It's sorta like the recession; the real kicker wasn't the sudden event, but the five years of stuff continuing its normal pace of falling apart without anything we can do about it. Some towns no longer have working firetrucks. Parson is bringing a new paradigm.
The.Healing.Mage

Postby elecampane » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:07 am

Superb update, and Jack is totally awesome! Also, I wonder, whose portrait is hanging on the wall at the background of panel 8. Hard to tell because of the balloon, and picture without balloons is not available yet.
elecampane

Postby Godsire » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:26 am

I wonder who the girl on the portrait is behind Jack and Wanda.

Sorry if it has been mentioned before. Maybe the chick Slately was into?
Godsire

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions