Summer Updates - 012

Postby balder » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:16 am

New one is up. Just a short one.
balder

Re: Summer Updates - 012

Postby Bobby Archer » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:18 am

Very nice. Not that Jillian's petty or anything... :mrgreen:
Uncroaked for Hire

No, no, Misty is Uncle Ben; Bogroll is Gwen Stacy.
Bobby Archer

Location: Mass Hysteria, Chicago, IL, USA, Earth, Reality, Sanity

Postby badninja » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:18 am

I agree with that he eats rats, you are what you eat.
I came, I saw, I had fun!
badninja
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby Anton Gaist » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:18 am

So she could run away if she wanted, after they ran out of move. And yet she's staying.
Gentlemen, I like war.
I like trench war, I like Blitzkrieg, I like the offensive, I like the defensive.
I truly love each and every kind of war man can wage on a tabletop game.
Anton Gaist

Postby shneekeythelost » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:21 am

Anton Gaist wrote:So she could run away if she wanted, after they ran out of move. And yet she's staying.

while she may be able to outrun them, she has no real reason to at this point, since Vinnie is about the only person left who actually gives a damn about her, and just about her only friend left. So she stays around mostly because she doesn't give a damn anymore, and at least she's got one friend in camp if it does all go to in the pot.
shneekeythelost

Postby MuthSera » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:26 am

I wonder if she could break stack and haul butt faster than they could get out of their caskets?
oh god how did this get here
I am not good with computer
MuthSera

Postby Bobby Archer » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:28 am

It's night, she has no move to escape with.
Uncroaked for Hire

No, no, Misty is Uncle Ben; Bogroll is Gwen Stacy.
Bobby Archer

Location: Mass Hysteria, Chicago, IL, USA, Earth, Reality, Sanity

Postby cloudbreaker » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:34 am

Anyone else get the impression that hexs have predetermined and consistent weather?
Bored? Read The Adventured of Melissa Ray. An Erfworld fanfic. comment here

Or A Tale From Traz. (Now complete!). comment here.
cloudbreaker

Postby Sandis » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:04 am

So gwiffons get soggy if it rains. Interesting. For their sakes I hope they're not in danger of dissolving if the rain goes on for too long.
Avatar by Muzzafar, thanks for letting me use it!

http://mirita.mybrute.com
Sandis

Postby shneekeythelost » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:05 am

Sandis wrote:So gwiffons get soggy if it rains. Interesting. For their sakes I hope they're not in danger of dissolving if the rain goes on for too long.

She didn't give the impression that it would threaten the Gwiffon's lives, or she'd have been a LOT more pissed. It was simply complaining about the discomfort of riding a soggy Gwiffon.
shneekeythelost

Postby Maldeus » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:27 am

Erf has weather! Yay for new information!
Maldeus

Postby moose o death » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:53 am

anyone want to speculate why tv units eat at the end of their turns?

playing on the vampire angle within the units don't move at night rule?

or just eating because they can not because it popped? either way these updates really aren't as insightful as the earlier few. we now know tv is as far as 160 move away from GK and that 40,000 shmuckers is considered a decent sum of money, making parson's summoning all the more impressive at 350,000. we now know some sides can pay a tenth of that to not be dragged into a war, so parson really is a hugely expensive deal for GK.

we can probably guess at tv warlords have about 33-40 move per turn. (this all based on an early discussion between ansom and jillian about her gwiffons having 50 something move)
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby moose o death » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:57 am

scratch that TV warlords (and possibly troops) have 40 move, jillians gwiffons ahve 52 and have a dozen move left. which begs the question how did the tv units make it to the fight in the first place...they would have had to have been in the area for something else
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby teratorn » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:11 am

Anton Gaist wrote:So she could run away if she wanted, after they ran out of move. And yet she's staying.

I don't think she could, given the way the turn system works. She is "allied" (or captive) so she can only cross hexes (she has move) during their turn. As soon as TV's ends turn her move goes to zero. If she breaks the "alliance" during their turn her move also drops to zero (not her turn) and she won't be able to leave that particular hex until Don King ends TV's turn, so she is forced to battle all of them.

moose o death wrote:TV warlords (and possibly troops) have 40 move, jillians gwiffons ahve 52 and have a dozen move left. which begs the question how did the tv units make it to the fight in the first place...they would have had to have been in the area for something else

That's the distance from Don King, and Caeser and Vinny may have a pretty decent amount of move. This only tells us that the slowest unit probably comes from a nearby city, or from the excursion sent to fight carpool.
teratorn

Postby Itzal » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:20 am

moose o death wrote:scratch that TV warlords (and possibly troops) have 40 move, jillians gwiffons ahve 52 and have a dozen move left. which begs the question how did the tv units make it to the fight in the first place...they would have had to have been in the area for something else

not necessairly you have to remember that most were returning to cities other than the capital so their cities could have been closer, also they had one more turn to move than Jillian, as Ansom wouldn't let her leave for a day. Also the stack moves at the lowest move of the group so it may be that some of the warlords have higher move it's just one of them has only 40 and so the stack is moving only 40
Veni Vedi Volo En Domium Redare
I came, I saw, I wanna go home.
Itzal

Postby Killer Angel » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:19 am

badninja wrote:I agree with that he eats rats, you are what you eat.

So, are we supporting cannibalism? :mrgreen:
English is not my native language: sometimes my grammar will be wrong, and sometimes I can even seem dumb (so, give me a chance); it's never an excuse to be a jerk.
Killer Angel

Postby moose o death » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:22 am

maybe, but it's a pretty safe assumption that flying bipeds would have lower move stats than pure air units would though.

it also kind of seems warlords are generally upgraded troops so they start their warlord careers with higher bonus stats as it only seem to cost money to upgrade a troop to a warlord. and stanley didn't just pop a new one when he ran out he bought parson instead.

if that were to be the case the chances are they have the same stats in certain areas i would imagine warlords with higher move than their troops wouldn't be a great benefit.

anyway here's hoping the next three turns don't take 36 updates to get through. they don't sound that intertesting if all we're getting is jillian thinking about TV dinners
moose o death

Postby Killer Angel » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:22 am

Maldeus wrote:Erf has weather! Yay for new information!

And I suppose that the kind of weather influences some of the statistics of some kind of troops (movement, morale, etc).
And almost certainly, a soak terrain, can give a "terrain bonus" to defenders (or a terrain malus to attacker).
Plenty of possibility.
English is not my native language: sometimes my grammar will be wrong, and sometimes I can even seem dumb (so, give me a chance); it's never an excuse to be a jerk.
Killer Angel

Postby teratorn » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:10 am

moose o death wrote:anyway here's hoping the next three turns don't take 36 updates to get through. they don't sound that intertesting if all we're getting is jillian thinking about TV dinners

huh? that's exactly what I thought these things were: a description on what happens between the books, with nothing major in them. Basically they get from A to B and enjoy the landscape, while we get a few tidbits on how things work in Erfworld.
teratorn

Postby HandofShadows » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:00 am

Jillian is in the pits (not mad like I though she had been) but hasn't totaly given up. Ceaser eating rats is great. Her reaction when she finds out Ansom is still alive will be interesting.
HandofShadows

Next

Return to Reactions