Summer Updates - 012

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Summer Updates - 012

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:27 am

52 is Jillian's very best gwiffon. (I think it's dead, but I'm not sure).

Either way, she has two and one is slower than the other; maybe 48 or 46.

If we go with 46, minus 12 extra move, is 34 for the slowest TV. Considering doombats are 22, it's handy that they can carry them in their capes.

(for reference, Orlies have been 'clocked' doing 44.)

I think it's safe to put TVW at 30-40 move.

So the distance between the gap and Transylvito Capital is < 2 x 50 (or less) AND roughly equal to 3 x 40 (or less)

For instance, if it were exactly 95 hexes, and Jillian's slowest gwiffon moved 48, she could get there in 2 turns. With the warlords moving at 36, they could get there in three turns with 7 move left. Assuming staying out of the rain would cost them 8-10 hexes, this is reasonable.

If it were 80 hexes, Jillian could get there on, say, 42 move. For warlords moving at 30, it would take 11+ lost hexes due to rain to slow them to 4 turns.

Of course, that doesn't take into account 1-3 hexes/turn for going through or around mountains.
I am a: Chaotic Neutral Human Bard/Sorcerer (2nd/1st Level)
Str- 12, Dex- 15, Con- 12, Int- 14, Wis- 11, Cha- 13
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby moose o death » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:07 am

teratorn wrote:
moose o death wrote:anyway here's hoping the next three turns don't take 36 updates to get through. they don't sound that intertesting if all we're getting is jillian thinking about TV dinners

huh? that's exactly what I thought these things were: a description on what happens between the books, with nothing major in them. Basically they get from A to B and enjoy the landscape, while we get a few tidbits on how things work in Erfworld.

i said what i meant 36 pages of jillian being depressed about whatever is happening is the exact opposite of what i want to see happen leading upto book 2. it's for that reason i don't watch reality tv. i said it a few updates back i'd rather see more info about the mechanics of erfworld being exposed. lets see stanley rebuilding "his" army, lets hear about charlie's post GK issues. but the planned title of "love is a battlefield" and rob's statement about this being the second of the two stories leading upto the next book have me firmly believing we have another 6-10 episodes of jillian being moody.

which i'm sure is great for some readers, i'm just not real keen on it. and let it be known you wanted a response so i'm technically not complaining.
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby simianfarmer » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:16 am

Huh.

I first read that one line as, "...huddled between her poor, wet breasts."

I wonder where the boop my own mind is at.
simianfarmer

Postby dajt » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:43 pm

simianfarmer wrote:Huh.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.
dajt
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Spot » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:02 pm

shneekeythelost wrote: It was simply complaining about the discomfort of riding a soggy Gwiffon.

It is pretty uncomfortable... as I'm sure anyone here who has had to ride a soggy Gwiffon can verify for you.
;)
I shamelessly stole my avatar from Cloudbreaker :D
Spot

Postby cloudbreaker » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:20 pm

Spot wrote:
shneekeythelost wrote: It was simply complaining about the discomfort of riding a soggy Gwiffon.

It is pretty uncomfortable... as I'm sure anyone here who has had to ride a soggy Gwiffon can verify for you.
;)

The grass was soggy, the gwiffon was squishy. :P
Bored? Read The Adventured of Melissa Ray. An Erfworld fanfic. comment here

Or A Tale From Traz. (Now complete!). comment here.
cloudbreaker

Postby Spot » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:48 pm

cloudbreaker wrote:
Spot wrote:

;)

Hmmm... isn't a squishy Gwiffon simply the result of the property of sogginess?

I can't remember, as neither Gwiffon-Knowledgemancy nor Bio-Alchemology were approved majors at my school.
I shamelessly stole my avatar from Cloudbreaker :D
Spot

Postby Thydron » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:14 pm

guess flying units cant ride mounts? or else the TV warlords could have just hopped on some gwiffons & got there quicker
Thydron
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby atteSmythe » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:38 pm

moose o death wrote:anyone want to speculate why tv units eat at the end of their turns?

playing on the vampire angle within the units don't move at night rule?

or just eating because they can not because it popped?

I'm guessing just because they can. It's not the first time we've seen a 'supper' at end-of-turn.
atteSmythe

Postby Anton Gaist » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:58 pm

Spot wrote:
cloudbreaker wrote:
Spot wrote:It is pretty uncomfortable... as I'm sure anyone here who has had to ride a soggy Gwiffon can verify for you.
;)

Hmmm... isn't a squishy Gwiffon simply the result of the property of sogginess?

I can't remember, as neither Gwiffon-Knowledgemancy nor Bio-Alchemology were approved majors at my school.

Methinks that the squishiness is due to them being soggy. And indeed, ridding a soggy Gwiffon is pretty uncomfortable. Specially while wearing leather trousers.

Also, if she reclaims Faq, then she'll be able to pop more Gwiffons! Now that would be nice.
Gentlemen, I like war.
I like trench war, I like Blitzkrieg, I like the offensive, I like the defensive.
I truly love each and every kind of war man can wage on a tabletop game.
Anton Gaist

Postby DevilDan » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:26 pm

cloudbreaker wrote:Anyone else get the impression that hexs have predetermined and consistent weather?

It wouldn't surprise me if this changes only at the start of the day.

Killer Angel wrote:
badninja wrote:I agree with that he eats rats, you are what you eat.

So, are we supporting cannibalism? :mrgreen:

Homophagy is nothing new to vampires.
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby Goshen » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:47 pm

simianfarmer wrote:Huh.

LOL

Me too! I had to do a double-take. I guess our minds are in similar places and they involve Jillian's cleavage....
Goshen

Postby BarGamer » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:05 pm

Nonono, they're not eating at all. They're playing baseball!
I am the Barbarian Gamer. I can roam. I can explore. I am free to make purchases or returns or forum posts of whatever I please. I'm here for the same reasons you are. One, this interests me. And two? I love Erfworld. May the Titans help me.
BarGamer
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby BarGamer » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:47 pm

I wish we could have Linkups in this universe. That way, all we'd have to do is put together a Thinkamancer, a Moneymancer, and a Mathamancer, and have a working economy! ^_^
I am the Barbarian Gamer. I can roam. I can explore. I am free to make purchases or returns or forum posts of whatever I please. I'm here for the same reasons you are. One, this interests me. And two? I love Erfworld. May the Titans help me.
BarGamer

Postby Ragn Charran » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:55 pm

BarGamer wrote:I wish we could have Linkups in this universe. That way, all we'd have to do is put together a Thinkamancer, a Moneymancer, and a Mathamancer, and have a working economy! ^_^

I'm not sure that even a thinkamancer and mathamancer could have kept the moneymancers from coming up with the reverse amortization mortgage or credit card limits higher than annual income...
So, Uncle Xykon, what's the moral of the story?
...And they died happily ever after. The End.
Order of the Stick #657
Ragn Charran
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Justyn » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:09 pm

Something just hit me: it's not the first time it was referenced, and it may be imaginary, but this is the first time blood has shown up in Erfworld.
If I am acting as a mod, you will know it.
Justyn
Tool + YOTD + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby moose o death » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:45 pm

yeah but in the slightly twisted erfworld that could just as easily be a creamy jam filled centre. it's also odd they weren't called wats. i don't think as much thought is going into these updates as the full story is getting
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby cloudbreaker » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:37 pm

moose o death wrote:yeah but in the slightly twisted erfworld that could just as easily be a creamy jam filled centre. it's also odd they weren't called wats. i don't think as much thought is going into these updates as the full story is getting

I think they only change Rs to Ws when it seems funny. Wats doesn't sound funnier than rats in my mind. If they changed the Rs for every unit, then we would have things like wock golems, mawbits, waw lowds, awchews, stabbews, flying cawpets, uncwoaked, decwypted, awchons, and souwewmandews. That seems like it would be total overkill. Besides, maybe there are wats in erfworld too. ;)

cloudbreaker

Postby moose o death » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:53 pm

maybe so but if they are rats, they are the only creatures cloned from earth. so i think they should've been wats.
moose o death

Postby cloudbreaker » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:07 am

moose o death wrote:maybe so but if they are rats, they are the only creatures cloned from earth. so i think they should've been wats.

Untrue. Erfworld also has pigeons. :D

cloudbreaker

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions