Summer Update - 025

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Summer Update - 025

Postby Aquillion » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:37 pm

Spot wrote:Of the two, Maggie at least, has started to realize this. Sizemore, unfortunately, remains too loyal to Stanley for his own good.
What makes you say that? Sizemore doesn't seem loyal to Stanley at all.

When Parson suggested throwing a brick at Stanley, Maggie locked up; Sizemore had no problem evaluating it.

Sizemore is subtly contemptuous of Stanley on a number of occasions -- his noncommittal response when Parson says that Ansom considers Stanley an idiot, say.

Sizemore seems to be at least somewhat suspicious of the sequence of events that brought Stanley to power.

He was perfectly willing to just give up when the opportunity to do so gracefully presented itself. This isn't the action of someone loyal to Stanley -- someone really loyal would have been trying to look out for Stanley's interests, even after a blowup like that.

Sizemore strikes me as the kind of guy who does his job because that's the sort of person he is. He doesn't strike me as having any personal loyalty to Stanley at all (and the fact that he was able to answer Parson's question about the brick while Wanda locked up suggests that he might have a low mechanical loyalty, too.)
Aquillion

Postby random_guy » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:59 pm

http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F077a.jpg

Looks like Ken is definitely a new unit. Whether he's recently popped or from the Magic Kingdom is unknown.

Based on the conversation, it looks like Parson is not the one directing which units are being popped. Is Stanley handling this himself, or did he delegate it to Wanda or Ansom? Can someone who is not the ruler of a faction decide which units get popped. I don't think Parson attempted to recruit any new units during the battle against the coalition.
random_guy
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby moose o death » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:33 pm

or maybe he just lives in the magic kingdom making alot of money making clothing for whoever pays for it. why do so many of you assume he's on their side? it never once crossed my mind that he'd be in GK.

and the overlord is the only one who can pop units, sizemore and wanda can fabricate them.
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby KBF » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:43 pm

random_guy wrote:http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F077a.jpg

Looks like Ken is definitely a new unit. Whether he's recently popped or from the Magic Kingdom is unknown.

Based on the conversation, it looks like Parson is not the one directing which units are being popped. Is Stanley handling this himself, or did he delegate it to Wanda or Ansom? Can someone who is not the ruler of a faction decide which units get popped. I don't think Parson attempted to recruit any new units during the battle against the coalition.

What? The outfit is from the Magic Kingdom, made by Ken. Ken was in the Magic Kingdom when he gave the cloths to Maggie.

"This particular 'outfit'...I would call it 'raiment'...came from the Magic Kingdom."
KBF

Postby cloudbreaker » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:05 am

I just had an odd thought and was wondering what other peoples' opinions on the matter were. If Parson had invited Stanley on the picnic, do you think he would have gone? I think he might have (assuming he wasn't too busy with other things).
Bored? Read The Adventured of Melissa Ray. An Erfworld fanfic. comment here

Or A Tale From Traz. (Now complete!). comment here.
cloudbreaker

Postby moose o death » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:15 am

do you invite your boss on picnics?

have you seen the human horn futurama episode? it would be like the third act of that. every slight mistake in conversation would potentially result in your life ending.
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby Infidel » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:40 am

mhangman wrote:why u say demonic to decrypt power? its titan's tools. and they create the world. they should be good so its an angelic power :P

Why do you assume Titans are good?
Who is that beautiful red-headed devil,
Stabs you in the heart so that she can level?
It's Scarlet!
- BC
Infidel
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Aquillion » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:54 am

random_guy wrote:Based on the conversation, it looks like Parson is not the one directing which units are being popped.
Parson wouldn't be anyway. Stanley demoted him, remember?
Aquillion

Postby random_guy » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:13 am

KBF wrote:What? The outfit is from the Magic Kingdom, made by Ken. Ken was in the Magic Kingdom when he gave the cloths to Maggie.

"This particular 'outfit'...I would call it 'raiment'...came from the Magic Kingdom."

Didn't catch that part. My post was a response to someone's earlier post regarding whether or not Ken is a decrypted unit, or a unit that already died.

True, but what about during Book 1? After Stanley left, Ansom took more than one turn to reach them, but we did not see any signs of new units being popped. In the second summer update, it has only been one turn since the battle, but a new dwagon had been popped, so it only takes one turn to pop a dwagon. What was preventing Parson from popping a dwagon or two to take on Ansom? Jillian, a level 9 warlord, got taken down by a red dwagon in one hit. Ansom is only one level higher, so he's not much more difficult to defeat. If Wanda had one dwagon with her stack, she might have been able to get rid of Ansom before he reformed an alliance with Charlie.
random_guy
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby cloudbreaker » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:59 am

Rulers set the production orders for all cities. Not warlords, not casters, not even a chief warlord or an heir. And I don't think it matters where Stanley is for him to set the production orders. And it probably took multiple turns to pop that dwagon, just like it takes multiple turns to pop a warlord.
Bored? Read The Adventured of Melissa Ray. An Erfworld fanfic. comment here

Or A Tale From Traz. (Now complete!). comment here.
cloudbreaker

Postby HandofShadows » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:25 am

Infidel wrote:Why do you assume Titans are good?

I would say why do people assume the Titans actually exist. (What better way to keep everyones attention away from the real creator if Erfworld) Even if they do exist they may just be units like everyone else native to Erfworld.
HandofShadows

Postby Secret » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:46 am

HandofShadows wrote:

I would say why do people assume the Titans actually exist. (What better way to keep everyones attention away from the real creator if Erfworld) Even if they do exist they may just be units like everyone else native to Erfworld.

I was thinking about that after Don asked 'Do you believe in The Titans?' Truth is we don't really know if The Titans really exist or not.
I like your idea about them being units, that would be very interesting.
"I only exist inside those people aware of my existence." -Lain
Secret
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby Jallorn » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:52 am

random_guy wrote:
KBF wrote:What? The outfit is from the Magic Kingdom, made by Ken. Ken was in the Magic Kingdom when he gave the cloths to Maggie.

Didn't catch that part. My post was a response to someone's earlier post regarding whether or not Ken is a decrypted unit, or a unit that already died.

True, but what about during Book 1? After Stanley left, Ansom took more than one turn to reach them, but we did not see any signs of new units being popped. In the second summer update, it has only been one turn since the battle, but a new dwagon had been popped, so it only takes one turn to pop a dwagon. What was preventing Parson from popping a dwagon or two to take on Ansom? Jillian, a level 9 warlord, got taken down by a red dwagon in one hit. Ansom is only one level higher, so he's not much more difficult to defeat. If Wanda had one dwagon with her stack, she might have been able to get rid of Ansom before he reformed an alliance with Charlie.

Never said it took only one turn to pop a Dwagon. Perhaps it was in the proccess of being popped and just popped late?
Jallorn

Postby Fcannon » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:23 am

Thought occurs-given how often Wanda changes her outfits, Dollmancy must be one of her favorite disciplines besides Croakamancy. She's probably the one who made Stanley's bathrobe, too.
Fcannon

Postby Infidel » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:32 am

HandofShadows wrote:

Why do people assume the Titans actually exist? I'd say the first page pretty specifically identifies them as a concrete entity and not an abstraction. It's the assumption of goodness that bothers me though.
Who is that beautiful red-headed devil,
Stabs you in the heart so that she can level?
It's Scarlet!
- BC
Infidel
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby KBF » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:01 am

Infidel wrote:Why do people assume the Titans actually exist? I'd say the first page pretty specifically identifies them as a concrete entity and not an abstraction. It's the assumption of goodness that bothers me though.

Well, as far as I can tell they set fate. They have to be good, because they control what is good. If they are not good, they would probably just be the wielders of fate and above morals altogether.
KBF

Postby Wisp Wings » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:08 am

HandofShadows wrote:

http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F001.jpg

Has their been pictures or narration about anything else that has not been true?

Also with the links... my theory is that the intensity/risk of a link increases expenentionally with the number of non- thinkamancers involved- 1 nonthinker , the link would just act as a strong thinkagram- maybe. 2 nonthinkers, the link is highly risky and the minds need to be drawn very deep into eachother. 3 nonthinks (which is ment to be inpossible) TPK, all four are joined at the heads, a large explosion occurs.

I have a theory that more thinkamancers can increase the capacity of a link, but this is just very baseless speculation
Avatar is an one of Charlie's Archrons from the Erfworld Webcomic. May the Titans bless thee and Croak thy enemys.
Wisp Wings

Postby Goshen » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:16 am

Hmmm. Looks like Parson is both gathering data and building up is own alliances.
Goshen

Postby SteveMB » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:20 am

Jallorn wrote:Never said it took only one turn to pop a Dwagon. Perhaps it was in the proccess of being popped and just popped late?

Different city types produce different unit types. Bigger the unit, longer the time. (emphasis added)

My guess is that Stanley ordered a new blue dwagon to replace the one Jillian croaked before being captured, and it popped several turns later after the battle was over.

Wisp Wings wrote:Has their been pictures or narration about anything else that has not been true?

There have been several panels showing hypothetical images of a proposed plan or an expected future event that didn't come to pass. It's entirely possible that the image of the Titans creating Erfworld is a representation of what good Scripture-reading Erfworlders believe, whether or not it represents what really happened.
Is this a real holy war, or just a bunch of deluded boopholes croaking each other?
SteveMB
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby HandofShadows » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:22 am

SteveMB wrote:My guess is that Stanley ordered a new blue dwagon to replace the one Jillian croaked before being captured, and it popped several turns later after the battle was over.

The production of that dwagon might have been started even before that. We don't know how long it takes to pop a dwagon. Also the dwgon poped was not exactly the same type as was lost. It was an armored (I would asume that means upgraded) blue, not a standard one. So that sould make production time longer.
HandofShadows

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions