Summer Update - 030

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Summer Update - 030

Postby Goshen » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:16 am

Maybe Maggie sees the helmet as an allegory for herself. It's very interesting how she maintains this cold formal ruthless exterior, protecting the real person underneath. Apparently it takes a lot to win her trust.
Goshen

Postby DevilDan » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:42 am

Welf von Ehrwald wrote:I just realized, that Erfworld is the perfect place to party. You can drink yourself into coma, and the very next morning you will woke up with full hit points and clean cloths.

The trick is to not stop drinking until the next turn starts. That way you avoid all problems; one would be foregoing sleep, of course.
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby OneHugeTuck » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:09 pm

Wonder if sleep is even needed, if one wakes up clean and 'refreshed'.
OneHugeTuck
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby DevilDan » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:21 pm

OneHugeTuck wrote:Wonder if sleep is even needed, if one wakes up clean and 'refreshed'.

Maggie indicated that, at least for a caster, sleep will help her performance.
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby moose o death » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:44 am

and wanda more or less tortured jillian until the next turn started. didn't seem to hinder her abilities the following turn. she even offered her rations to the "visiting" barbarian. it's just as likely another unnecesary hobby erfworlders take up. probably lowers the upkeep
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby DevilDan » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:12 am

moose o death wrote:and wanda more or less tortured jillian until the next turn started. didn't seem to hinder her abilities the following turn. she even offered her rations to the "visiting" barbarian. it's just as likely another unnecesary hobby erfworlders take up. probably lowers the upkeep

One would assume that even hobbies on Erf revolve around warfare. That's what makes Sizemore all the more remarkable.

EDIT: I'm still halfway impressed that the comic spelled "ridonkulous" the same way twice.
DevilDan

Postby Drifter » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:23 pm

A thought occured to me after re-reading this update:

As far as we know, GK is not in battlespace with anyone right now. They only have one city to monitor/maintain the production of units.

So, we must ask why did GK's turn take as long as it did? I mean, its great for the narative of the story, and gave Parson and company time for discussion and getting plastered.

Can the length of turn, by a side in contact with no others, give us any indications of the mechanics of turn itself? (probably not, but bear with me here)

The turn ends in the afternoon, not dusk. So, either a turn for an isolated side doesn't simply last from dawn to dusk by default, or maybe it does and Stanley ended the turn arbitrarily in order to get to "tomorrow" sooner.

And, if Stanley was the one to end turn, I find myself intensely curious about what he's been doing or talking to/about all day while Parson "kicks it with the homies" on the battlement.

Just some random musings from a very tired brain...
Drifter

Postby DevilDan » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:56 pm

Good question. I can think of a few things Stanley could be doing, including getting acquainted with his new city, his new army, and his new chief warlord.
DevilDan

Previous

Return to Reactions