Summer Updates - 041

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Summer Updates - 041

Postby Danetrix » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:22 am

Nebulious wrote:
hazel-rah wrote:I think he's in serious trouble and he knows it. He's lost archons, allies, and there's a large army on his doorsteps (not really, but if they were to capture GK, he can guess where they're going next). If he can't ally with FAQ then his last option is Stanley purely out of survival, and the last place he wants to be is in debt to someone else.

So here's what bothers me: the motives don't match up. Is Charlie claiming he wants to off Stanley just to win Jillian's trust? Revenge? Bad blood? If the RCC II is going to be on a witch-hunt for nonroyals with Arkentools, then Charlie ought to swallow his pride and get himself on better terms with Gobwin Knob, since they hold most of the cards right now.

Yes, but Charlie knows he's burnt a good deal of the bridge to being on working terms with Parson. I doubt Parson would trust Charlie as far as he could throw him, so that might not even be an option.

Charlie is doing this, if he gets Jillian to side with him, a foot in the door of the RCC II.
Danetrix

Postby Infidel » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:31 am

mhangman wrote:im chill. but either way they must hit charlie. it doent matter any1 listen him or not. information is everything for the wars and these man going to give it to enemy. he could be ally with gn come on.. arkentool coalition could be cool^^ when they take back their cities and gain enaugh power it will be better idea to hit the strongest enemy. so probably it will be ansoms kingdom but at the same time they have to dead with this 2 loosers and they are ally with vampires so its very dangerous too. donno which one will be next target. writers show us 2 side of enemies. and how much army you got its still hard to fight with 2 side. we dont know about what gn pop at this time. if they had a second army they can send them to faq otherwise it will be very hard.

You know, this is hard to read and so was your first post. It's nice that you use punctuation, but could you please use proper capitalization and spelling? Chat speak might be fine for writing a quick sentence or two during an FPS game or in a chat room, but writing entire paragraphs like that on a forum is an entirely different thing. It took me eight attempts to read all that. My eyes kept glazing over because it's hard to tell where one thought ends and the next one begins.

Chat speak is like that for a reason, and it's not to be cool. It's because you have to type really fast to be engaged in the conversation or type fast to get back into the game before someone sneaks up behind you. This is a forum. You can type slow and use the spellchecker before you post, and not worry about someone blowing you up while you type. So please show a little more consideration for the people you want to read your posts.
Who is that beautiful red-headed devil,
Stabs you in the heart so that she can level?
It's Scarlet!
- BC
Infidel
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby mhangman » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:35 am

Sorry infidel im very sleepy atm and have been coding a game like for 7 hours. i cant even see keyboard :D Im going to fix that post as soon as possiable.
edit: done
mhangman

Postby HollyWeird » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:49 am

To all suggesting that Charlie would or should validate the rumors and actually side with Gobwin Knob; I emphatically and respectfully disagree.

Charlescomm has carved out a nice niche for himself as a reliable, trustworthy if odd and sneaky mercenary. I find it unfair to penalize him for keeping so many secrets and withholding information at such high prices. A wealth of information fell into his lap, powerful, Erf changing information. Strange outlandish information as well. And the only way to prove it's accuracy is to charge insane amounts of schmuckers for it.

But to point, if Charles joins Stanley stick a fwork in him he is done. He will be painted as a Stanely mini, which is a dangerous place to be. Remember Stanley hasn't even reached the height of his original power yet, one city away by my count; and Wanda's obvious visual disloyalty is valid cause for concern about who exactly is going to be running these new cities. I think Charlie has been on a steady decline since Parson entered the picture. If it weren't for that ridiculously fortunate Mathomancy deal, I would have lost all hope for Charlie as a viable player in this conflict. He has never encountered some one with Parson's mind, and he has been slow, and over confident. So used to dealing with Haggers, Slatelys, and Don Kings. When a 'tru' gamer fo' life' enters the scene Charlie's mojo is out from his feet.

Those calculations are it though. The only ace he has left. His wealth of information is dubious at best know. An information broker starves in his situation. And I have to believe those Archons have crazy high upkeep. They can basically solo a lvl2 city! Sheesh. Honestly I am liking this new Charlie. Nice to see him not so ridiculously plot powered and actually being forced to think on his feet again. Oh wait, never mind, he has those calculations. I'll just go get my plot armor polished. :(
HollyWeird

Postby Joe22c. » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:51 am

Infidel wrote:I have to say, I definitely prefer this narrative form to the comic. I still love the comic, but there is so much more information in any given update, that it is that much more fun to chew on. :) I'm looking forward to going back to the comic pictures, but now I'm going to miss all this narrative.

You can't imagine what that may mean."

If Stanley finds out. > Bad.
If Parson finds out. > oh the horror!

I think that's one case where it would be more appropriate to have typed it in caps lock and used a few extra exclamation marks.
Joe22c.

Postby pSycHOtic chICkeN » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:54 am

Could Charlie just be lonely? If his favorite sexy archons have all been decrypted he might be interested in Jillian for more than just strategy.
pSycHOtic chICkeN

Postby mhangman » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:02 am

At the book 1 we saw charlie that he can do anything for the money. Dont forget his part at the death of Ansom, he knew that it was an ambush and he didnt help his ally. He just wanted more power and money(and arkentool ofc). I think at the book 2 we will see different face of Charlie he will show us his fellings. :P
mhangman

Postby hazel-rah » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:07 am

HollyWeird wrote:To all suggesting that Charlie would or should validate the rumors and actually side with Gobwin Knob; I emphatically and respectfully disagree.

Charlescomm has carved out a nice niche for himself as a reliable, trustworthy if odd and sneaky mercenary. I find it unfair to penalize him for keeping so many secrets and withholding information at such high prices. A wealth of information fell into his lap, powerful, Erf changing information. Strange outlandish information as well. And the only way to prove it's accuracy is to charge insane amounts of schmuckers for it.

But to point, if Charles joins Stanley stick a fwork in him he is done. He will be painted as a Stanely mini, which is a dangerous place to be. Remember Stanley hasn't even reached the height of his original power yet, one city away by my count; and Wanda's obvious visual disloyalty is valid cause for concern about who exactly is going to be running these new cities. I think Charlie has been on a steady decline since Parson entered the picture. If it weren't for that ridiculously fortunate Mathomancy deal, I would have lost all hope for Charlie as a viable player in this conflict. He has never encountered some one with Parson's mind, and he has been slow, and over confident. So used to dealing with Haggers, Slatelys, and Don Kings. When a 'tru' gamer fo' life' enters the scene Charlie's mojo is out from his feet.

Those calculations are it though. The only ace he has left. His wealth of information is dubious at best know. An information broker starves in his situation. And I have to believe those Archons have crazy high upkeep. They can basically solo a lvl2 city! Sheesh. Honestly I am liking this new Charlie. Nice to see him not so ridiculously plot powered and actually being forced to think on his feet again. Oh wait, never mind, he has those calculations. I'll just go get my plot armor polished. :(

Oh, I agree entirely. When I say if he can't side with FAQ, he should try GK I mean absolute last choice. An alliance with Stanley is pretty much impossible (we know they hate each other), it would cost him his Dish, and probably every shmucker in his coffers. But poor, tool less, and under the thumb of your enemy is better than croaked.

I think he's talking to Jillian for free for one reason: Time. If he can convince RCC2 that he's on their side, he can buy himself enough turns to regain his information net. He and Parson are the only ones who seem to understand information and strategy can trump a superior force, but in order to do this he needs turns to scout, spy, snoop, and generally get on top of every one else.
hazel-rah

Postby Sixty » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:26 am

It seems that GK didn't take back all of their lost cities like I was wondering about in the last update. I wonder how many of the 9 cities are former GK cities and how many are Unaroyal cities?
Sixty
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Emaria » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:44 am

I like this narration too, but I miss the comic. It was so bright and seeing the expressions on the character's faces was nice. Except charlie of course.

Charlie is a real conniver, and I doubt he's talking to Faq on a whim. He's got something planned. Of course, he does make mistakes. If he were perfect he would have won by now and have all the arkentools to himself. Did the writers ever say what exactly charlie's arkentool does? On a side note, his sort-of-omniscience annoys the hell out of me.
Emaria
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Sokrotes » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:48 am

Its very simply people: Charlie wants Parson. He also doesn't want his secrets getting out, being the biggest asset he has to gain money. But the big goal is always Parson. You see if you couple his unmatched ability to gather intel, and Parson mathamancy and unmatched strategy they could use those powerful Archons to rule the world. Sending both there brains out into the world from there comfy chairs in Charlies Ice castle. But theres one huge snag, Stanley. Parson is loyal to his Toolship and as long as Stanley is alive Charlie knows he cant get Parson on his side.
Sokrotes

Postby DunkelMentat » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:16 am

Bum bum BUMMMMMMMM

(Wanted to post that about the last one, too).
DunkelMentat

Postby LordDarksea » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:20 am

Sareln wrote:Dangit Charlie, you just spoiled a humongous reveal!

In my reckoning, that was a huge reveal :D

I assume the plan for the picture when added will not be Jillian astride a megalogrif, but ill be what she gets to see. there's a splash page in it for sure. One that I think would work exceptionally well if done by Jamie - even if we have to wait six months, or more, for the opportunity to turn up. Nothing against the other guest artists at all, i've loved the work that's come through, but, for that one?, Jamie.
LordDarksea

Postby hanglekuk » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:30 am

Somehow no one noticed that she did not order a royal heir yet. She's riding freshly popped megalogwiff and is shouting/arguing with Don King on regular basis. Don King is not too happy about this, I suppose.

Hopefully summer updates will chug along with regular comic. We've been spoiled by this now, everyone is gonna start whining if they stop :)

And Charlie is exercising influence with his thinkagrams -
Jillian wrote:"Me, you mean? I just wanna croak Stanley." Gah, why was she telling him that? Titans...
hanglekuk

Postby moose o death » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:36 am

i noticed it was made painfully obvious she didn't. so obvious no-one felt like commenting about it.

i know where this is gearing up for. surgically remove the puppetmaster to the strikeforce from behind the frontline. gain parson and the arkenhammer.

they aren't aware of the who what where and why's of ansom riding with wanda. although knowing wanda is there is a pretty damn hefty clue so i'm pretty sure jillian and charlie may be the only sides to work this out yet

what charlie has failled to discover yet is that stanley has a hugely superior force at GK as well. it's likely charlie never had that many archons at all and Gk has most of them now. after 24 turns. GK could have a few hundred pikers and stabbers. at this point we can assume approx 35 dwagons. they have siege. although in all likelihood they will be facing an air assualt. what i'd like to see is charlie stanley and jillian forming an alliance against rccII. or the soon to be wanda mass animated graveyard.
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby Sokrotes » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:02 am

moose o death wrote: what i'd like to see is charlie stanley and jillian forming an alliance against rccII. or the soon to be wanda mass animated graveyard.

... Are you high? That would NEVER happen, Jillian would rather croak a hundred times and be decrypted by Wanda and controlled then ever EVER allying with Stanley. She hates him more then anything.
Sokrotes

Postby warriortribble » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:34 am

Furousha wrote:I believe they are just assuming it's Non-Royals w/arkentools (Wanda, Stanley, Charlie) vs. the Royal's who just tried to curbstomp the non-royal ruler for being a non-royal ruler... they're just assuming birds of a feather will flock together. I don't think it has anything to do with decrypted archons being in the strike force.
Actually, it looks like some if not most sides think Charlie is with GW.

""So? Work for Stanley," Jillian sneered. "You already are, is what I hear.""
warriortribble

Postby Yosarian » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:00 am

hanglekuk wrote:Somehow no one noticed that she did not order a royal heir yet. She's riding freshly popped megalogwiff and is shouting/arguing with Don King on regular basis. Don King is not too happy about this, I suppose.

Well, she does have 3 cities. SHe might be working on an heir in her capital and may have popped the Megalogwiff in one of the other two. Her alliance with Don King is vital to her well being, she would me smart to not risk that at the moment.

Anyway, yeah, Charley is in a corner here; he miscaculated, and now his whole ability to be a powerful mercenery that can play one side against the other is compromised. I suspect that, while his archeons are powerful, that he dosn't have a very strong overall millitary by erfworld standards; he's gotten by this far with diplomacy and profit, but that dosn't help him with either the royal coalition or with Stanley.
Yosarian

Postby Steve-D » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:14 am

LordDarksea wrote:
Sareln wrote:Dangit Charlie, you just spoiled a humongous reveal!

In my reckoning, that was a huge reveal :D

With curtains and everything!

Although how they would draw an image in Jillians mind, and her reaction, I have no idea.

This raises some interesting questions. First that Jillian is actually negotiating over this heir issue. The other that Charlies intelligence assets have allowed him to discover Faq and that Jillian is its ruler. What are the abilities of the Arkendish?
Steve-D

Postby moose o death » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:09 am

in my opinion it allows the monitoring of thinkamancer transmissions. which is why GK uses hat magic for combat reports now. the archons may be shielded against such tricks or stanley and parson don't care who knows stanley has an ever increasing number of dwagons at his disposal

and no sokrotes, i'm not high. i think that would be a really powerful force. jillian is mad at stanley over essentially nothing. he sacked her city at WANDA's request, parson killed ansom she was fighting stanley in the mountain pass at that point in time. neither event really were ever anything to do with stanley.

if ansom didn't form an anti stanley coalition, and wanda wasn't a deceptive, self serving, so and so. jillian would have no beef with chief warlord stanley.

it makes for a hell of a story if jillian charlie and stanley have to form their own coalition to stop wanda. especially if they were fighting their own little scuffle immeditaely prior to the world changing event that leads to the coalition.
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions