Summer Updates - 042

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Summer Updates - 042

Postby OneHugeTuck » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:55 am

joosy wrote:
moose o death wrote:so long story short any one who thinks stanley is ansom's son is an idiot.

THANK YOU. I rolled my eyes and sighed when I read that whole "Stanley/Ansom= Father/son" and figured it was someone new who hadn't read the entire comic or had someone read it to them. Or someone who enjoys George Lucas's sloppy fan service writing.

Read it again then. If you read it again and see what it says, you'll see that I was wondering when someone would bring it up as a possible hint/connection.

As far as Moose's idiot thing, well, his speculational theory is far superior to everyone else's, so anyone that dares speculate just for fun, since we're all here for fun, something as iffy as Stanley popping under Ansom in a Jetstone city somewhere, then somehow changing sides to GK, etc, clearly must be an idiot.
OneHugeTuck
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Glenn » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:20 am

I can't see a major policy disagreement developing between Ansom and Parson as long as Ansom remains totally devoted to his Mistress Wanda, and Wanda treats Parson's strategic suggestions as gospel. So I don't see any chance that Ansom's idea to decapitate Jetstone will go ahead over Parson's objections. A change of strategy that utulizes the strategic mobility provided by Stanley's Dwagons seems like a good idea to me anyway.

Personally, I don't see the appeal of turning Wanda into the BBEG, just so Parson, Charlie and Jillian can get together to save the world from her at the last conceivable moment. We really have no idea what Wanda wants, now that she has an Arkentool, but the idea that she's just waiting for the right moment to betray Stanley and take over the world strikes me as awfully cliched. As a Faqian, she probably spent a lot of time thinking about philosophical questions like, why did the Titan's create the world and start an endless war? What is the point of war? She probably has some ideas about what Erfworld is fated by the Titan's to become. And I suspect whatever she has in mind requires the full cooperation of Parson and everyone attuned to one of the Arkentools.
Last edited by Glenn on Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Glenn

Postby shneekeythelost » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:29 am

One thing to consider, this is from Ansom's perspective. Ansom is being Jealous of Parson because Wanda is paying more attention to him. Kind of a kicked puppy/jealous lover reaction. Consider an exceedingly unhealthy obsessive person fixated on a lady. When that lady dates someone, that someone goes to the top of his hit parade. Same concept. Wanda probably only occasionally touches base with Parson, likely asking for calculations of best venues of attacks, and making sure they haven't left something out. But every time she does, Ansom knows, because Ansom follows her around, and knows her schedule by heart, and even ten minutes can seem like an eternity when one is a love-struck obsessed deranged madman.

So yea, he's jealous of Parson, because Wanda pays him more attention than she does Ansom, at least in Ansom's mind. This may or may not have any similarity with the truth.

As far as going straight after Jetstone, I can see it. Knock out the command structure in one fell swoop, mop up individual units. Everyone goes into stasis as a Neutral City, the princes are Barbarians (just like Jillian, who was designated Heir, turned Barbarian when FAQ was taken). Not to mention blowing the diplomatic center of the RCC2 out of the water, and shattering, or at least disorganizing, the only force capable of harming them.

However, it's also got some problems:

Attrition favors GK. More troops RCC2 looses, the stronger GK gets, thanks to Decryption. Its is entirely in GK's favor to continue hitting smaller targets. In fact, if they wanted to maximize gains, he'd split his force up into several smaller groups, hitting multiple targets simultaneously, using the Dragon Relay to ferry Wanda around to each battleground to Decrypt all losses. By the time the RCC2 gathers, there's no way they could have numerical superiority.

Furthermore, if you pull back and consolidate, you also give your opponent time to get his feet back under him. Right now, they've got the tactical advantage of being the aggressor. Keep it up, keep the opponents off their feet, and you maintain that advantage. Let them get some breathing room, and RCC2 *WILL* put together an army large enough to challenge you. You don't want that. You want them off balance, scattered, trying to figure out what the boop is happening.

Going straight for Jetstone is good. But spending multiple turns is not. Better idea: Take Unaroyal. Decrypt everything from that battle. Take entire Decrypted force, plus the entire Dragon Relay, and stomp all over Jetstone. From there, mop up as you see fit. Blitzkrieg tactic work only as long as you maintain forward momentum. Once you take Jetstone, the whole area is shattered, and you can mop up at will, using Jetstone as your forward base. But if you don't grab it soon, they will muster a large enough force that you won't be able to afford to spend that much of your entire army in one fight. So it will bog down. Granted, a war of attrition can only be beneficial to GK, but it will take time. Time for someone else to come up with something dirty. Time for someone to *think* about what is going on, and come up with countering tactics. You don't want that.
shneekeythelost

Postby Itzal » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:30 am

ok couple things people are assuming that I though I should bring up;
1 Faq knows that ansom is the chief warlord of stanleys army, not the rcc2, and it's likely that Jillian hasn't even told her warlords about that due to her prior relationship with Ansom

2 the dwagon movement takes multiple dwagons to move one- two units that can mount (since it appears that dwagons can mount 2), so stop thinking in terms of dropping down entire armys out of the blue in one turn and start thinking of multiple armies getting boosts in battle from one warlord (namely ansom or wanda) in one turn \B-P
Last edited by Itzal on Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Veni Vedi Volo En Domium Redare
I came, I saw, I wanna go home.
Itzal

Postby Itzal » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:32 am

wait cancel that, they do know that Ansom is leading the GK forces, I went back to read the earlier update
Veni Vedi Volo En Domium Redare
I came, I saw, I wanna go home.
Itzal

Postby Hari Seldon » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:35 am

Attrition favors GK. More troops RCC2 looses, the stronger GK gets, thanks to Decryption. Its is entirely in GK's favor to continue hitting smaller targets. In fact, if they wanted to maximize gains, he'd split his force up into several smaller groups, hitting multiple targets simultaneously, using the Dragon Relay to ferry Wanda around to each battleground to Decrypt all losses. By the time the RCC2 gathers, there's no way they could have numerical superiority.

Furthermore, if you pull back and consolidate, you also give your opponent time to get his feet back under him. Right now, they've got the tactical advantage of being the aggressor. Keep it up, keep the opponents off their feet, and you maintain that advantage. Let them get some breathing room, and RCC2 *WILL* put together an army large enough to challenge you. You don't want that. You want them off balance, scattered, trying to figure out what the boop is happening.

Going straight for Jetstone is good. But spending multiple turns is not. Better idea: Take Unaroyal. Decrypt everything from that battle. Take entire Decrypted force, plus the entire Dragon Relay, and stomp all over Jetstone. From there, mop up as you see fit. Blitzkrieg tactic work only as long as you maintain forward momentum. Once you take Jetstone, the whole area is shattered, and you can mop up at will, using Jetstone as your forward base. But if you don't grab it soon, they will muster a large enough force that you won't be able to afford to spend that much of your entire army in one fight. So it will bog down. Granted, a war of attrition can only be beneficial to GK, but it will take time. Time for someone else to come up with something dirty. Time for someone to *think* about what is going on, and come up with countering tactics. You don't want that.

Nonono ... look at the comic again.

Ansom says stop expansion, then consolidate and prepare for a strike at Jetstone's capital.

NOWHERE does that say they are going to be wasting turns waiting for units to pop. For all we know, "consolidate" means take all of the relay-dragons and other forces and get them to the staging point to launch against Jetstone.

Striking at the leaders of the resistence is a good idea to prevent anyone having time to figure out what is going on ... the only problem is that Jillian and Charlie will come out even stronger once Jetstone is taken.
Last edited by Hari Seldon on Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hari Seldon

Postby shadowdemon_lord » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:36 am

This update was brilliant, and I think it set the tone for the beginning of book 2. I don't expect Parson to dismiss this idea, after all Ansom is a military genius, even if not on Parsons level. Parson must realize that even with it's new power GK shouldn't risk all out war with many sides. Taking out Jet Stone straight up and killing King Slately would act as a powerful demoralizing tool and display of power for GK, as well as throwing the RCC2 into disorder. I bet many of the smaller factions that Slately has convinced to join the coalition will rethink things and this will put considerable strain on the RCC2 which Jet Stone will have to solve with its new ruler desperately fighting for his life along with the new chief warlord as Parson swings the army around and decides to really drive home his point by crushing what remains of Jet Stone leadership in the confusion. with a relay system of Dwagons set up properly leadership even slightly separated from a group might be able to be picked off from far far away. Of course, I could see Don King stepping in and holding things at least somewhat together.
shadowdemon_lord

Postby Hari Seldon » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:38 am

Yes that's what they think (it IS a good plan ...), but Jillian and Charlie will make a new, better coalition because Jetstone is killed.
Hari Seldon

Postby shneekeythelost » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:39 am

Hari Seldon wrote:

Nonono ... look at the comic again.

Ansom says stop expansion, then consolidate and prepare for a strike at Jetstone's capital.

NOWHERE does that say they are going to be wasting turns waiting for units to pop. For all we know, "consolidate" means take all of the relay-dragons and other forces and get them to the staging point to launch against Jetstone.

Striking at the leaders of the resistence is a good idea to prevent anyone having time to figure out what is going on ... the only problem is that Jillian and Charlie will come out even stronger once Jetstone is taken.

from the comic:
"When Unaroyal falls, we suspend expansion. Consolidate the side at 14 cities, and then we prepare."

"Prepare?" said Stanley, taking his rake to where Ansom stood. His stepstool was not on that side of the table, so his nose barely poked over the edge as he looked at where Ansom was indicating.

"A strike. Before they are ready. A direct capital strike," said Ansom. And suddenly his fist came down and struck the table hard. "I will simply take Jetstone."

It sounds like he wants to spend several turns in preparation. Remember, this is Ansom. He over-prepares. He not only wants all his little ducks in a row, he wants them sorted by size, gender, coloration, and the size of their left pinky. Remember at the beginning of Book 1, he spent waaaaay too many turns consolidating all the forces of the RCC, even though it probably wasn't necessary, because he likes to over-plan and over-prepare.

That's a mistake, and a critical one. Never let the tactical offensive pass to your opponent if you can help it.
shneekeythelost

Postby warriortribble » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:45 am

DevilDan wrote:Obsequious? I read it more as the fervor of a new convert and a disciplined soldier speaking deferentially to his chief warlord. That was before he found out more about Parson's unusual origin and before he realized that Parson doesn't share freshly-minted faith in Stanley's cause.
Well, tomāto tomäto on the obsequious/fervor part. Still, it's obvious Wanda and Stanley (who Ansom does respect) value Parson. By all rights Ansom shouldn't feel this negatively about Parson but he still does.
warriortribble
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Sixty » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:51 am

Interesting to see that Ansom's opinion of Parson has deteriorated over the last couple of turns. It will be interesting to see how this comes to affect GK. If Parson tells Ansom to fight a certain way will he ignore it if he convinces himself that his plans are superior and for the betterment of Gobwin Knob and Wanda?
Sixty

Postby Glenn » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:10 am

Sixty wrote:Interesting to see that Ansom's opinion of Parson has deteriorated over the last couple of turns. It will be interesting to see how this comes to affect GK. If Parson tells Ansom to fight a certain way will he ignore it if he convinces himself that his plans are superior and for the betterment of Gobwin Knob and Wanda?

Ansom doesn't dispute that Parson is a genius. He's bothered by the fact that Parson is an alien, and possibly an atheist.

"Indeed, now that Hamster was dabbling in tactical studies again, his genius was apparent. And unsettling. So, too was his Mistress' faith in it; she now consulted "Parson" before every battle. He was reluctant to devise plans for her, but she took his every word of advice.

Religiously.

It was maddening, really. Until recently, Ansom had been regarded as one of the finest strategic planners in the world. And while he was still in charge of planning his side's conquests, and they were proceeding gloriously, his Mistress saw fit to vet his plans through...whatever Hamster was. Not Royal nor common, nor holy. Fish nor fowl. A deceiver in the service of the Titans, who might perhaps disbelieve in the Titans' existence. Maddening."
Glenn

Postby moose o death » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:02 am

OneHugeTuck wrote:
joosy wrote:
moose o death wrote:so long story short any one who thinks stanley is ansom's son is an idiot.

THANK YOU. I rolled my eyes and sighed when I read that whole "Stanley/Ansom= Father/son" and figured it was someone new who hadn't read the entire comic or had someone read it to them. Or someone who enjoys George Lucas's sloppy fan service writing.

Read it again then. If you read it again and see what it says, you'll see that I was wondering when someone would bring it up as a possible hint/connection.

As far as Moose's idiot thing, well, his speculational theory is far superior to everyone else's, so anyone that dares speculate just for fun, since we're all here for fun, something as iffy as Stanley popping under Ansom in a Jetstone city somewhere, then somehow changing sides to GK, etc, clearly must be an idiot.

stanley is plaid clan, stated in comic, plaid clan is saline IV. sizemore stanley and maggie use the same facial structure. would you like anything else or can we move on now. re read the comic once or twice. the clan each unit belongs too is betrayed by their faces. compare the faces of wanda and jillian, same anime eye's, pointy little noses. ansoms' side has circle eyes, with coloured iris's no pupils. plaid clan (stanley's) has dot eye's, they have no iris's just pupils. tv, coloured eyes but red. fangs in the mouth and pointed ears.

your appearance is set by your pop city. potentially by the overlord. which would account for the progression in appearances.

now for the final nail in the coffin on this arguement. ansom isn''t the overlord of any city. he has no construction queue. he cannot pop anyone.

i have no problem with speculation, i submit enough ideas other people do not like, but that speculation is counterproductive as it starts out with clearly impossible situations and builds from there. that would be like speculating barrack obama was the second gunmen in the JFK assasination. it's based on two things that could never plausibly be connected.
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby Daemonwelsh » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:07 am

First time speculator:

My idea for a battle plan:
Take a flight of Dwagons with mounted warlords, archons, Wanda, and Ansom, and launch a strike against Jetstones capital.
As the capital is reached, use Dwagons and archons to defend your stacks of Decrypted warlords, along with Wanda and Ansom, to attack on foot into the capital. Have them decrypt enemy units as they encounter them, and send newly decrypted units to attack first.

This serves three goals, keeping your power units in play, demoralizing the enemy, and using as little of your own resources as possible.

At the same time send an army of foot soldiers, preferably decrypted, as a preemptive strike against the RCC2. Make sure these soldiers are your distraction element that keeps the RCC2 tied up. preferably high hit, high defense, low production cost, and swarm the RCC2.

Keep your capital heavily defended, so as to prevent the enemy from going in at you. Similar style for as many cities as you can afford.

send in other attack forces and simultaneously hit cities during the same turn, say 3-4 from each side. have no units that you cant afford to lose in these strike forces.

Take a single scouting unit to each hex you encounter, and keep them positioned there. if they encounter an enemy you will no longer know they are there, and you can just strike those locations. This could also work for spotting dwagons as well.

At this point it would probably be wise to designate or pop an heir, remove a side, set up your heir outside that side's capital with as many shmuckers as you can afford, and then completely ignore him. This serves you in that if Stanley dies then his Heir already has a side to capture, and Stanley is able to do a lot more for his side that he would otherwise able to be doing.

Its not exactly a war on many fronts, as you have one main attacking force, and each other is mostly a bunch of decoys which might actually capture cities. The capture of each city is a plus, and even if you start losing cities, they are easy to recapture via dropping a crapload of units on them.

Just my version of a battle plan made possible due to the Arkenpliers and Wanda.
More Dakka
Daemonwelsh

Postby Dancing Cthulhu » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:44 am

Nice to get some more insight into what is going on in Ansom's head, plus more on how everyone at GK top is relating to one another.

And nice to see the Stanley seems to still be on his maturation track. He's still a Tool, but he seems to be being nice to Ansom (or respectful?), where as I kind imagine Ansom, if the situation were reversed somehow, ever speaking to Stanley in a similar vein.

HailGreen28 wrote:Can't believe nobody's commented on the main plot point of the update. After taking Unaroyal, Ansom wants to launch an all-out decapitation strike at Jetstone's capital.

I'd like to know why. Ansoms loyalty isn't in question, and he undoubtedly know Jetsone's strengths and weaknesses better than anyone in Stanley's employ.

On the surface it certainly seems like a logical course of action for someone of Ansom's mindset. He'd likely see Jetstone as the driving force of any coalition. And he could still have a strong residual respect for it and his brothers capabilities and see them as a major threat to GK, just like he once was.

Of course a lot could go very wrong. At the very least there are a number of players our there who might be able to anticipate Ansom's thought processes once they know he is GK chief Warlord. His brothers, Vinnie and Jillian for example.

JenBurdoo wrote:Wanda's apparent reliance on Parson is understandably unnerving. Why is she doing it?

I agree with the previous views. Wanda has seen the light.

During the siege she doubted him and at times she held back knowledge and resources out of doubt. But Parson has convinced her he is the real deal, and is a tool (as it were) that is far to valuable to waste. She wouldn't be there at the head of the decrypted with the pliers if it weren't for him.

Of course I'd think putting to much faith in his abilities could be just as potentially dangerous as putting to little faith in them.

If Slately is croaked, would Ansome's brothers each revert to barbarian and need to reclaim Spacerock (or some other capital) before they could begin to rule?

I wondered what effect success would have. And that would be an interesting turn around, now with Jillian as a Royal and the Jetstone princes suddenly Barbarians.

Or, if Slately was croaked, whether it would be possible for Wanda to decrypt a ruler
And so my time with the Tardy Elves draws to a close, and I am let to ponder how the experience will... eh, I'll finish later. No need to rush.
Dancing Cthulhu

Postby Sixty » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:39 am

Glenn wrote:
Sixty wrote:Interesting to see that Ansom's opinion of Parson has deteriorated over the last couple of turns. It will be interesting to see how this comes to affect GK. If Parson tells Ansom to fight a certain way will he ignore it if he convinces himself that his plans are superior and for the betterment of Gobwin Knob and Wanda?

Ansom doesn't dispute that Parson is a genius. He's bothered by the fact that Parson is an alien, and possibly an atheist.

"Indeed, now that Hamster was dabbling in tactical studies again, his genius was apparent. And unsettling. So, too was his Mistress' faith in it; she now consulted "Parson" before every battle. He was reluctant to devise plans for her, but she took his every word of advice.

Religiously.

It was maddening, really. Until recently, Ansom had been regarded as one of the finest strategic planners in the world. And while he was still in charge of planning his side's conquests, and they were proceeding gloriously, his Mistress saw fit to vet his plans through...whatever Hamster was. Not Royal nor common, nor holy. Fish nor fowl. A deceiver in the service of the Titans, who might perhaps disbelieve in the Titans' existence. Maddening."

True, but Ansom always has been following "the will of the Titans" and is very zealous in his beliefs. It could be possible that if Parson told him he didn't believe that he would begin to distrust Parson's strategies, possibly just because he'd be an atheist, and possibly because he'd begin to doubt Parson's loyalty in a war that Ansom feels is deeply connected to the Titan's will.
Sixty

Postby Lord Kasavin » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:55 am

moose o death wrote:stanley isn't incompetent, he's just not ready for being an overlord.

I hate to seem to pick on you, but you are both articulate and willing to stick your hand out. So I do apologize in advance. However, you are also wrong so I must slap that extended hand. Please forgive me.

OF COURSE STANLEY IS INCOMPETENT. I mean, really. Do I need to list the litany of bad and/or terrible desicions he's made? Perhaps being a bonehead would not be such a bad thing (and its a great thing from a narrative standpoint, he's like a free obstacle provider for protagonists and comic relief), if he listened to wiser advisors. As it is, those around him have to make a saving throw just to convince him to act in his own interest. Admittedly, his ineptitude actually makes him a bit scarrier at times, for when he does pull a "shrewd trick" no one expects it. Admittedly, he's plenty fearsome in battle, but he almost got wiped out at the gap to FAQ.

it's highly likely wanda had stanley promoted to heir one week and had saline killed by gobwins the next.

she's a bulldog about getting that arkentool, saline was not interested, but a regicide would make sure they came to her.

Eh, I think you are putting Wanda a little to high on a pedestal. She admitted to Parson she had no idea how she was going to attune to an Arkentool or even which one she was destined for. The idea that she could both manipulate Saline 4th to promote Stanley to heir designate (maybe he already was), and then convince Stanley to leave for some mission that needed the side's valuable casters including herself, and finally convincing the Gobwins to break their permanent (culturally speaking alliance) at that critical juncture while away is a bit much. Especially consdering her own lack of predictamancy. Wouldn't the path of least resistance at this point for her be to wait for Stanley to get croacked in the field and hope the Arkenhammer falls to her? When the side actually does take up questing for the Arkentools, it very nearly backfires and takes the side to oblivion.

stanley was chiefwarlord to saline 4 and captured the other cities that wanda and ansom have just recaptured. so do not underestimtae his ability to win fights. the problem is he can't win fights if he's not fighting in them. and until he names an heir he can't really stick his head out the window for fear of someone trying to remove it.

I agree Stanley is probably much more competent as a warlord than an overlord. Unfortunately, he's for latter now and thats where he must be judged, and I doubt he was ever very good at strategy even when he was Chief Overlord. That, and the one fight we've seen him in he lost and almost got croaked. So, even his skill as a fighter has limits. Also, the reading I'm getting on Stanley is some one who sees himself and his side as the same thing, and he would never sacrifice the former for the betterment of the latter. He would also never bother to have an heir as that would be admitteding he might croak. That, and if he probably thinks that if he can't survive why should the rest of his side?

parson isn't likely to try and claim any city, he doesn't even want to be a warlord anymore. wanda will leave GK with her army when she feels they can no longer harm her. frankly her current status is cold hearted evil manipulator. it's a little hard to make that into an empathetic character.

Do you mean Wanda will turn at some point when the decrypted comprised a large portion of GK troops? Possible. Very Possible. Now, we know very little about how new sides can be formed. The only examples I can think of is Royalty splitting off and forming a new side, or a ruler getting croaked (whether Royal or not) and his side goes to the heir. The loyatly checks we've seen so far have all been to turn. I mean, is it possible for a unit (even one with traditionally low loyalty like a captured warlord) to decide just one day to be a barbarian? I mean, field units disband if their side falls (exceptions seem to be heirs).

Meanwhile, the best time for Wanda to turn was right at the end of Book 1 when nearly every unit belong to GK was hers except for Stanley's Dwagon stack and the casters. Instead, she smiles and goes to arrange a parade celebrating his return. As the turns have progressed, no matter how many units she decrypts the cities produce normal units loyal to Stanley and she undoubtedly knows he's getting more Dwagons now. If she had any inclination to bolt, she would have already. As it is, she's probably having the most fun she's ever had. Weilding an Arkentool, capturing city after city, decrypting en masse. Picking a fight with Stanley, no matter how much she holds him in contempt, is unwarranted. Though it might make a good story. On the other hand, I like Wanda still being part of the GK crew and able to pow wow with them.

i'm still in love with the idea that GK, faq and charlie go to war against the wanda/rcc legion. and that jillian finds an arkentool. making it 3 tools against the seemingly unstoppable one.

Eh, we all have pet theories. I can't begrudge anyone theirs.

PS. The arkentools are actually alien objects from other dimensions (like Parson), and their abilities is how Erfworld choose to interpret their alien functions. Hence, the odd litany of skills on the arkenhammer.
"Act, and God will Act." - Joan of Arc

"Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt." - Thomas Moore
Lord Kasavin

Postby moose o death » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:46 am

ok fair enough he is an idiot. granted i doubt stanley was ever the brains behind capturing the cities they once held. it's more likely saline was the strategist of gobwin knob. when saline fell stanley has assumed it would now be his task to run the armies..which he does so by promoting the most glamourous pre-corpses to warlord status until wanda has enough of that plan.

but in his defense he did start his career as a piker, we've all read wrigley's monologue. so stanley by comparison is a freakin genius. wrigley's number one goal in life was to stab someone.

now i wouldn't write wanda off as the mastermind behind several events leading to stanley's eventual position, we do know he was a warlord when wanda contacted him. at that point in time i'm not sure he was even chief. i'll have to revisit the page in question. this is potentially prior to taming dwagons. by the invasion he has tamed dwagons. he may be chief warlord by this point. we don't know what took place in FAQ. we now know faq was empty when jillian arrived as she doesn't have a ready made army waiting for her frozen in place.

so faq was empty, only three units know what really happened. Wanda, Jack and stanley. keep in mind if they were indeed slaughtered, then stanley wiped out three cities but only captured 2 casters. why hasn't he captured the predictamancer? why did she let wanda betray the kingdom...still too many questions for me.

wanda is clearly not loyal to stanley, and jack is more loyal to stanley than jillian. so something is happening there as well.

we've seen evidence of wanda controlling hobgobwins before, her discussion with jillian was erased from a certain gobwins mind and replaced with screams of terror.so she clearly has the means at her disposal to stage a coupe. she simply needs the units required to recapture GK afterwards, off site, for the event.

as for getting stanley declared heir. well she is a woman. and we've already seen once she's not above that kind of tactic. she's not wearing those revealing outfits for her own comfort.

and one last thing, he was never close to losing the battle at the gap. that was a veil when they came off the dwagon. but they did retreat for fear of losing said battle.the other side was already concerned it was going to be too tough for them
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby mhangman » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:31 am

I think royals are just another class which have some natural skills for leading sides. Stanley was a piker like we saw at the summer updates. He gain some levels and become warlord than heir. He got all skills about fighting but just because he is not a royal he dont have skills to lead. But at least he is trying to learn and he become better leader after all he went throught... Remember that piker he was just care about his pike and think him when he become to overlord.

I dont hate stanley... but i do wanda. I dont like jilllian too because she trying to act like someone else. All royals just like puppet masters and its not fair. Someone has to change this world and i hope Parson will do that.
mhangman

Postby SkarmoryThePG » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:35 am

JenBurdoo wrote:Is it at all possible that dwagons (or perhaps other flying mounts) can carry more than one unit?

Apologies if it's been pointed out, but we saw Stanley's Plated Red carry a Ruler and a Caster at the same time before.
SkarmoryThePG
Tool + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions