Page by page discussion of the comic.

Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 029

Postby balder » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:21 pm

New One is up.
balder

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 029

Postby multilis » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:31 pm

Here is a guess: FAQ works for Charlie to help get rid of Haff;

Charlie then works to get rid of FAQ using intel he gained working with them.
multilis

Postby hidufel » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:34 pm

Sheeshe that Jillian sure sounds like a spoiled brat!
hidufel
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby cloudbreaker » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:52 pm

I'm putting my bet in now that Jillian plucks out Bart's eye with a salad fork.
Bored? Read The Adventured of Melissa Ray. An Erfworld fanfic. comment here

Or A Tale From Traz. (Now complete!). comment here.
cloudbreaker

Postby Kreistor » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:17 pm

Popped a Warlord with the "Flying" special? Gu-wah?

Well, that explains where the different races come from. Slow drift from one species to another.

Human pops with flying special, becomes King. Pops with fangs, becomes King. Pops with blood drinking, becomes Transylvito Vampire. Slow evolution from one species into another.

Well, could be. Who knows? Well, Rob knows...
http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/TBFGK_1 Here you can find all comic pages written as text for convenient quoting.

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Erfworld_Mechanics The starting page for accessing all known Erfworld "rules".
Kreistor

Postby drachefly » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:21 pm

In my head, Marwhatever is Hawk Girl. True until contradicted! ;)

Also, I was about ready to call pool #4 as dead, but I realised we'd already seen a lookamancer.
drachefly

Postby ftl » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:41 pm

Wow, Jillian *really* hates her court.

Orwell as the lookamancer is great, of course. I bet he's the oldest one, too. Big Brother is watching you...

I wonder why they're all being recalled. Probably something to do with the huge Haffaton threat, possibly with the Charlie bluff.
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Kreistor » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:59 pm

ftl wrote:I wonder why they're all being recalled. Probably something to do with the huge Haffaton threat, possibly with the Charlie bluff.

To prevent the prophecy from coming true. With Jillian in FAQ, she can't save the Side, so the Side can't fall. Remember that Marie Predicted that FAQ would fall, but popping an heir must save it, or popping the air makes no sense. So, if Jillian is constantly with Banhammer from here on, Jillian can't save FAQ, so FAQ can't come under attack.
http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/TBFGK_1 Here you can find all comic pages written as text for convenient quoting.

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Erfworld_Mechanics The starting page for accessing all known Erfworld "rules".
Kreistor

Postby BCCroaker » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:04 pm

Marika Neagle = American Eagle

drachefly wrote:In my head, Marwhatever is Hawk Girl. True until contradicted! ;)

Also, I was about ready to call pool #4 as dead, but I realised we'd already seen a lookamancer.
BCCroaker
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Balerion » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:21 pm

multilis wrote:Here is a guess: FAQ works for Charlie to help get rid of Haff;

Jillian makes it clear in book one that Charlie has no idea where FAQ's old city sites were, hence why she couldn't reveal that information over thinkagram. That makes it unlikely he would be hiring them to do anything, since he shouldn't know they are in a position to want to remove Haffaton.

I think this update gives some coloring to why Jillian sneers at any way of survival that isn't fighting: the entire court back home mocks her and looks down on her for what she does, and in response to that she now overstates her position. a "I am going to hate you as much as you hate me" type of thing.
Balerion

Postby drachefly » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:25 pm

BCCroaker wrote:Marika Neagle = American Eagle

Der. Still, appearance-wise. I mean, if they can get Isaac to be Carl Sagan...
drachefly

Postby Kreistor » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:55 pm

drachefly wrote:Der. Still, appearance-wise. I mean, if they can get Isaac to be Carl Sagan...

There will be trademarking issues, unless Rob can find a way to make it parody. He has to be careful that the images he uses are not trademarked.

Kreistor

Postby ScegfOd » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:33 pm

BCCroaker wrote:Marika Neagle = American Eagle

drachefly wrote:In my head, Marwhatever is Hawk Girl. True until contradicted! ;)

aw man, i wanted to post about her name and what i thought she looked like.
double ninjas D:

oh yeah, and I liked the rest of the update too xD
ScegfOd
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby multilis » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:59 pm

Balerion wrote:
multilis wrote:Here is a guess: FAQ works for Charlie to help get rid of Haff;

Jillian makes it clear in book one that Charlie has no idea where FAQ's old city sites were, hence why she couldn't reveal that information over thinkagram. That makes it unlikely he would be hiring them to do anything, since he shouldn't know they are in a position to want to remove Haffaton...

Jill's bluff may change that.

For example Haff may contact Charlie asking questions, Charlie strings them along hoping to sell info later, then contacts FAQ trying to get info to sell to Haff or some other advantage. (Lots of people would know how to contact FAQ in order for FAQ to sell mercenary services, Charlie would know more about his competition than almost anyone else)

Or process may start at FAQ in order to cover the bluff, they contact Charlie. Haff believing FAQ is working for Charlie has been shown as a reusable "get out of jail free card", and FAQ may wish to keep it that way.

Just because Jill thinks Charlie doesn't know, doesn't mean he doesn't know or have good idea. Stanley did have easy time with getting dragons on way to FAQ, Charlie is good at manipulating wild goblins against GK so also may be able to manipulate wild dragons. Charlie may have spied on the Wanda/Stanley first contact.
multilis

Postby Swodaems » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:05 am

Poor Bart. She keeps speaking, but nothing useful is coming out. Just more of the same old wangsty bullshit.

I feel pity for Chip and Hedda here. They're trying their best to get some information that may be relevant to their lives and are instead being treated to an unamusing editorial. It's like watching the news.

I have to wonder exactly what is meant by the Lookamancer's range. Is his range the furthest out he can look or is it merely the area that he routinely surveys? Does he need to constantly spend effort checking on the status of things within his range or does he simply know when important things are happening in it? Is his range based solely on his personal location or does it depend on his side? (BTW, if his range is being measured from Faq, Mount Pilot being 40 odd hexes away from Faq and at the edge of this Orwell's range suggests that there are at least 4921 hexes that this man considers part of his range. (Relevant formula: R(0)=1 For positive integers greater than 0, R(N) = R(N-1)+6N or R(N)=1+N(6N+6)/2))
Swodaems

Postby Kreistor » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:33 am

multilis wrote:Charlie is good at manipulating wild goblins against GK so also may be able to manipulate wild dragons. Charlie may have spied on the Wanda/Stanley first contact.

No, we do not know for certain that Charlie manipulated the Gobwins. As Natural Allies, they only need a contract, and we can be quite confident that Charlie has money to hire them... all of them.

Dwagons, on the other hand, are animals and not susceptible to cash.

Charlie's participation in the destruction of FAQ is purely speculative. It is far more likely the Conspiracy of Casters that summoned Parson saw to it the dwagons were there for Stanley. They have motive (to get Wanda into GK), means (all the magic they could ever want), and opportunity (tri-mancer link-up, or contract to use a portal). Charlie lacks provable means and motive, and only has provable opportunity.

Kreistor

Postby Whispri » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:05 am

So Banhammer treated his Warlords like Crap did he Jillian? And yet, 'Kind' says Bart.
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Kreistor » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:40 am

Whispri wrote:So Banhammer treated his Warlords like Crap did he Jillian? And yet, 'Kind' says Bart.

Totally a matter of perspective. Banhammer tried to turn his combative, warlike daughter into a sparkly-rainbow-and-unicorn--princess. Others of a less aggressive mindset would not resist his pesudo-Buddhist ways. From Jillian's perspective, Banhammer tried to force her into a mold she was not compatible with. As kind as his intent was, he ignored her persona, and did her no kindness.

Kreistor

Postby ftl » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:46 am

There's only so kind you can be when telling someone that their existence and nature is a "necessary evil".

Also, what seems 'kind' to a Level 1, may very well seem straight-up condescending to a higher-level/higher-rank.
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby DHowett » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:21 am

I just came by to laugh at Bart Lightrail. That's gold.
But BART is a heavy-rail system! >_>
DHowett

Next

Return to Reactions