Book 2 – Page 79

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Page 79

Postby Oberon » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:38 am

No.
How using capslock wins arguments:
Zeroberon wrote:So we know with 100% certainty that THIS IS HOW TRI-LINKS WORK, PERIOD END OF STORY.
Oberon

Postby Oberon » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:41 am

GJC wrote:
0beron wrote:Ossomer is DEAD, CROAKED, DECEASED, NO MORE OF THIS WORLD, GONE TO MEET THE TITANS, GOODNIGHT MY SWEET PRINCE-ED. No possibility to the contrary. We saw him DUST. The only distant chance of his "survival" was if Lloyd had duplicated him, and we now very clearly see that was not the case.

THIS IS AN EX-PRINCE.
/parrot.
Zeroberon wrote:So we know with 100% certainty that THIS IS HOW TRI-LINKS WORK, PERIOD END OF STORY.
Oberon

Postby 0beron » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:10 pm

On the topic of Juice, a thought occurs to me. People who suspect juice is carried over between turns have cited the example of Vanna's comment that the Kingworld spell cost her "2 turns of juice". However, Kingworld was cast as part of a link, so what she really meant was the spell cost twice the juice she would normally have and thus is beyond her normal capabilities, but because she was in a link, Charlie was able to supply the extra juice.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Hayes » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:55 pm

The way I understood the "duplicating me this way" statement from Slately was "good job duplicating me IN THIS DIRECTION", i.e., behind the Archons. Given Slately's cheerfulness and LLoyd's shock it seems probable that there's a disconnect between their understandings. I agree with the theory that Slately is now a duplicate. I think it's conceivable that he knows this and is cheerful about it anyway, but he's so cheerful that I think it's more likely he doesn't understand it yet. So, my theory is that Lloyd made the duplicate, the duplicate showed up behind the Archons thinking he was the real Slately, and he thinks he has just been moved to a new location by the casting. We see a lot in the comic lately about how rulers and warlords don't understand the mysteries of casting, and Slately himself doesn't seem like a ruler who would be bothered to learn the details, so it's possible that he doesn't understand duplication doesn't move the original - but Lloyd does.

Regardless of the above: if Slately is the duplicate and truly hasn't realized it yet, what does that say about the attitude of any unit any time it is duplicated?? Are they sentient with full memory and have to be TOLD they are the duplicate, and that they have a limited time to live?
Hayes

Postby drachefly » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:31 pm

Oberon wrote:No.

How very clear. Were you referring to my 'this could be auto-life' post, or something else?

I agree, it isn't necessarily auto-life; my point is, it could be.
drachefly
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby GJC » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:39 pm

if Slately is the duplicate and truly hasn't realized it yet, what does that say about the attitude of any unit any time it is duplicated??

I think it tells us that Slately had a few fucks left to give, but he left them all in the tower.

So now he's all out of fucks to give.

That is to say, my prediction is that he knows he was going to die, but doesn't care as long as he can fight this last battle. That grim determination on his face is kinda scary.

Oberon wrote:
GJC wrote:
0beron wrote:Ossomer is DEAD, CROAKED, DECEASED, NO MORE OF THIS WORLD, GONE TO MEET THE TITANS, GOODNIGHT MY SWEET PRINCE-ED. No possibility to the contrary. We saw him DUST. The only distant chance of his "survival" was if Lloyd had duplicated him, and we now very clearly see that was not the case.

THIS IS AN EX-PRINCE.
/parrot.

And now I don't know if you're accusing me of parroting you or if you're just still referencing the sketch.
GJC

Postby 0beron » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:47 pm

GJC, there are unfortunately two "oberon"s on this board, one with the capital "O" (the original), and myself with a "zero". Whenever Oberon quotes me, he typically changes my name to Zeroberon for clarity haha. So I'm not sure what he was saying with his parot thing
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby ftl » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:14 pm

The parrot may simply be another reference to the joke. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vuW6tQ0218 Or a joke about a joke.
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby GJC » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:27 pm

Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.

GJC

Postby zilfallon » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:34 pm

this comment is too epic :D
rkyeun wrote:Roses are red.
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Postby Oberon » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:41 pm

GJC wrote:And now I don't know if you're accusing me of parroting you or if you're just still referencing the sketch.
I was referencing the sketch.
Oberon

Postby Nnelg » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:53 pm

Oberon wrote:
GJC wrote:And now I don't know if you're accusing me of parroting you or if you're just still referencing the sketch.
I was referencing the sketch.

zilfallon wrote:

this comment is too epic :D

Now I'm thinking of this sketch...
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Previous

Return to Reactions