Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Page 81

Postby pSycHOtic chICkeN » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:24 am

Should "overlud" be spelled "ovalud"?

Is the furry creature hamstard?
pSycHOtic chICkeN

Postby Biostar » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:00 am

pSycHOtic chICkeN wrote:Should "overlud" be spelled "ovalud"?

Its a groundhog, symbolizing Groundhog Day. Making his caretaker most likely a predictamancer.
Biostar
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Finn MacCool » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:05 am

i can see Tintin and professor Tournesol in the background of panel 4. anyone willing to make a list of all the other cameos?
Finn MacCool

Postby ╒╦╧╬╩╦╦╛ » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:17 am

Saladman wrote:So much here!

Jeftichew's got friends... more Carneymancers by the look of them.

No other decrypted have turned... yet.

And is that... a gobwin caster?

Look's like it to me... so natural allies could pop casters? The Spok we've seen would simply be some kind of elf? Could gobwin knob hire a gobwin caster to replenish it's gobwin ranks?
3 Naughtymancers of different disciplines walk into a bar... wait, forget what I just said. A shockmancer and a croakamancer walk into a bar.
╒╦╧╬╩╦╦╛

Postby Whispri » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:27 am

Parson didn't say a thing about taking anyone with him, but will that stop Wanda from following?

Zeku wrote:Wanda is getting steadily more sultry, waifish, and...young. It's like power creep, for girls.

Have we ever had a discussion about why only certain characters have pupils?

Yeah, she needs a hug, probably some painkillers and then some stress relief though.

Not recently that I recall. Wanda's apparantly the chosen one so there's that. Looking through Book Zero I've spotted a number of Faq Units with pupils, while all the Goodminton people seem to have them. Maybe it's just a thing for Units from certain Sides or Cities?
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby froggyjoe » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:04 am

gameboy1234 wrote:P.S. Who's the guy in the bee costume (last panel)?

That would be Troy Barnes from Community (i think).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRiP025KhPw

Rhyme-o-mancer, aka Childish Gambino, most probably.
froggyjoe

Postby warriortribble » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:35 am

twhitt wrote:That would be Ash and Brock in the center of the large panel. And I almost think the one to Jojo's left is Slash. Have we seen him before?

Possible. But, I'd say the guy with the red cap, and white shirt with a red letter on it is probably a reference to Mighty Max
warriortribble
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Azukar » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:43 am

So... the shadowy figure with an apparently square head almost dead-centre in the middle of the large panel... Any ideas who or what?
---

-Az
Azukar

Postby Lamech » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:51 am

Xin, your art is amazing, and continues to improve. :) Keep up the good work!
Lamech

Postby 0beron » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:36 am

Ooooooo this is good! (by which I mean exciting) I'm definitely worried about what Jeff is planning...Parson needs to GTFO really fast (though I expect the Predictamancers know this)
Also...I'm worried about Maggie, this is going pear-shaped for her as well. I don't think she needs to worry about Stanley as much as I originally thought...but the problem of her juice could create an issue :/
Zeku wrote:Have we ever had a discussion about why only certain characters have pupils?

It was discussed quite some time ago, and I believe there is a wiki page on it...but I don't believe there was a conclusion on that. I've never actually examined who has what kind of eyes, and I personally am inclined to chalk to up to art and Rob just wanting certain characters to look a certain way. But there's definitely a possibility it means something.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:23 am

At least Wanda took Ossomer's desertion better than she reacted last time she lost control over someone.

Also, yay Parson. Let's get Spacerock settled!
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:35 am

BLANDCorporatio wrote:At least Wanda took Ossomer's desertion better than she reacted last time she lost control over someone.

Well to be fair, her reaction from Jillian was said to be in part/largely because of backlash associated from the spell breaking. Much like it seems a lot of Thinkamancy has backlash, case and point being tricaster links. But by the same token, it was definitely possible we'd see Wanda magically harmed by Ossomer turning. So I'm relieved that didn't happen, and she just seems emotionally "rattled"
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Diacritic » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:58 am

Biostar wrote:

Its a groundhog, symbolizing Groundhog Day. Making his caretaker most likely a predictamancer.

Shouldn't the groundhog be the predictamancer? And the human its familiar?
Diacritic
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Morni » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:03 am

Diacritic wrote:
Biostar wrote:

Shouldn't the groundhog be the predictamancer? And the human its familiar?

or the groundhog could be a magical item that this predictamancer uses to channel his power.

Sizemore uses a shovel to channel his magic. Cubin used a hat.
Morni

Postby 0beron » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:11 am

Morni wrote:
Diacritic wrote:Shouldn't the groundhog be the predictamancer? And the human its familiar?

or the groundhog could be a magical item that this predictamancer uses to channel his power.

Well Cubins HAS to use a Hat cus he's a Hat Magician, and the same may be true of Sizemore. Since Marie and Delphi haven't needed items to Predict, then I assume Predictamancers do no need them. But this is still a possibility I hadn't considered before :p
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby BanzaiJoe » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:35 am

Someone said bland suit guy was Ash. Ash is a man, correct? If so, the suit is backwards for a man by American standards i.e. buttoned for a woman. I believe it's correct by European standards. I don't know enough Erfworld story to know much about Ash. When was he/she introduced and aligned?
BanzaiJoe

Postby Nnelg » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:40 am

0beron wrote:
Morni wrote:
Diacritic wrote:Shouldn't the groundhog be the predictamancer? And the human its familiar?

Well Cubins HAS to use a Hat cus he's a Hat Magician, and the same may be true of Sizemore. Since Marie and Delphi haven't needed items to Predict, then I assume Predictamancers do no need them. But this is still a possibility I hadn't considered before :p

I don't think they really need them; they seem really cosmetic to me. After all, can't someone have a pet? Their absence might cause some discomfort due to familiarity, though, and in this way possibly impair their owners' ability to cast, albeit in a roundabout manner.

╒╦╧╬╩╦╦╛ wrote:
Saladman wrote:And is that... a gobwin caster?

Look's like it to me... so natural allies could pop casters? The Spok we've seen would simply be some kind of elf? Could gobwin knob hire a gobwin caster to replenish it's gobwin ranks?

I don't think casters have the same sort of race/theme/etc. restrictions that other units do. Although it's also possible there was once a 'gobwin' side the way Transylvito is a 'vampire' side.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby benthehater » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:46 pm

I think Stanley was actually trying to say "fuck". I think this might hearken back to Parson successfully getting the curse out at the end of Book 1. I makes me wonder about that act, how Parson's vocal defiance to the laws of Erfworld might be reverberating throughout.
benthehater
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Morni » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:47 pm

Nnelg wrote:
0beron wrote:
Morni wrote:or the groundhog could be a magical item that this predictamancer uses to channel his power.

I don't think they really need them; they seem really cosmetic to me. After all, can't someone have a pet? Their absence might cause some discomfort due to familiarity, though, and in this way possibly impair their owners' ability to cast, albeit in a roundabout manner.

Could be focus items, maybe item they were spawn with... Maybe the groundhog is a thinkamancer and their both perma-linked together.

Again we don't have enough information. We know that Issac create a bunch of "tools" to help focus his trade. http://www.erfworld.com/book-2-archive/ ... -02-02.png

it wouldn't suprise me if their was magic item like the staff of suckage that help increase someone magic skill
Morni

Postby Kalak » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:07 pm

Something that looks interesting to me is this:

Parson and Wanda know that Ossomer turned. We know he's no longer a problem, because he dusted, but Wanda and Parson probably have no idea what his status is now. They will probably make decisions based off what they think he's capable of, only to realize later that he's dead. I wonder if that will be a problem.
Kalak

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions