Summer Updates - 044

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Summer Updates - 044

Postby balder » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:37 am

New One is up.
balder

Re: Summer Updates - 044

Postby Wachman » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:49 am

Disturbing, I didn't need to think about Parson's "Broadsword".

But it did finally get me to registar.
Wachman

Postby CnSvnc » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:51 am

3rd registerer in a row? A sure sign Rob's done something good.
CnSvnc

Postby Tom90deg » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:57 am

Indeed! This will certainly lead to some...interesting discussion. And a few questions, like, how far does loyalty go, can you order someone to have a free choice, how exactly will the rod of lordly might deal with the tiny archons?
Tom90deg

Postby HandofShadows » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:58 am

CnSvnc wrote:3rd registerer in a row? A sure sign Rob's done something good.

Either that or they are so shocked they are looking in here for brain bleach. :lol:

It will be interesting to see Parson talk to an Archon, but not on Maggies subject. Might discover why Charlie was so worried.
HandofShadows

Postby dholm » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:59 am

Buahahah!
--Dan Holm
dholm

Postby Somn » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:04 am

With Parson's comments on how they looked like children to him, I'm surprised he didn't say anything about that. Also, the entirety of this update had me on the verge of laughing out loud. I lost control of myself at "an Archon or two" and woke up everyone else in the house.
Somn

Postby Megaduck » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:10 am

Fourth Registration.

I feel sick. Not really surprised, though. With the way Erfworld works and total warlord control that could happen to any unit. Still feels like rape to me.

This update really hammers home to me how different Erf and Earth society is.

I'm also trying to figure out what Maggie is thinking here. Is she needling parson? Honestly curious? Or is it that she has feelings for him? Did SHE expect to be raped when her eyes flashed?

Still, I'm glad this was brought up. It's unpleasant but does clarify how Erf Works. I also think more highly of Parson now.

Incidentally, I'm wondering if Jack talks in riddles to anyone else but Parson. I'm thinking that he only talks in riddles because from his perspective Parson talks in riddles as well.

*Edit* I think its also interesting that this sort of confirms that Parson was against letting Princess Cruz talk to Queen Bea, AND that Wanda ignored his advice.
Megaduck

Postby SteveMB » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:16 am

Another interesting point is that Parson is using his decreased role to distance himself morally from what the side he's on is doing... probably more than the decreased role can actually justify.

I have a feeling that rationalization is going to break down as events progress.
Is this a real holy war, or just a bunch of deluded boopholes croaking each other?
SteveMB
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Ancient History » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:19 am

Well, it's not like we haven't known that sex - purely recreational sex - exists in Erfworld before. No physical consequences, after all - no pregnancies, no STDs (presumably), no permanent damage (again, presumably, one doesn't want to think about the ever-regenerating-hymen question). One could even argue that in certain Earth societies and times that sort of subordinate/superior relationship was...expected.

I wonder if Maggie is concerned about Parson's well-being and that he needs to...blow a little steam or something.

Honestly, I think this might be the best update in a while.
Ancient History

Postby Arkenbomb » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:26 am

to mess with a quote from LICD "I love this chick!" this is one of the funniest, to me, conversations yet. Even better becouse it shows more similarities between earth and Erfworld, what with every guy lieing about their size and all. Though Maggie's eyes glowing DID give me the idea that she wants some too, I could be wrong but eh, thats what guessing is for. Though I do love the fact that many things discussed on the forums where mentioned on here.
Arkenbomb

Postby Talhoun » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:27 am

Fifth register. Not because I felt it particularly necessary to post, but rather to continue what appears to be a fun running gag.

On the update itself though... I was less focused on Maggie and Parsons... *ahem* interesting topic of conversation and more on the fact that Parson seems to be actively avoiding dealing with Wanda. At all. Sure, he will run a tactical analysis if directly asked, but avoiding even talking around decrypted units? And the first reason he came up with to avoid... relations with Archons was the fact that Wanda would know everything he said/did.

Funny update though, especially there at the last. Never knew Wanda could be this funny when NOT drunk.
Talhoun

Postby Malanthyus » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:30 am

rofl

I'll come up with a more thoughtful statment later. But for now, just:

ROFL.
Malanthyus

Postby Justyn » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:32 am

Wouldn't this have been better as Summer Update #34? ;)
If I am acting as a mod, you will know it.
Justyn
Tool + YOTD + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Dwagon_Cwoaker » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:35 am

Wow. This is the most twisted, disturbing updates yet.

Congratulations, guys, looks like we're going to have to call in rule 34 on this one. maybe with a touch of slashfic.
Dwagon_Cwoaker

Postby raphfrk » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:36 am

Also, technically, the archons (at least the GK ones) are all magically re-animated dead bodies.

If he refuses to get involved with anyone who is lower ranked than him, then he is excluding most of the side.

His current rank is technically warlord (rather than chief warlord). Casters are also commanders, so I wonder if he outranks them too.

Most of GK's warlords are presumably involved with the campaign.

Also, with the lack of pregnancy, I wonder if monogamy is as big a deal. It does seem like Maggie brought up the topic for more than just a passing interest.

Note: I meant that any Sizemore/Maggie relationship might not be "exclusive", not what the next poster seems to think I meant.
Last edited by raphfrk on Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
raphfrk
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Lady Nerevar » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:40 am

oh god my brain. i do not need to be imagining this. parson does not belong in that outfit, no! maggie would not get into that position! sizemore what...are you doing with that crap? oh, wait are you just...? wait, hold on, where did you come from mr.twoll?
Lady Nerevar

Postby Pax » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:43 am

HandofShadows wrote:[...] brain bleach [...]

Yes, please. :shock:
Pax

Postby Nebulious » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:46 am

Natural shockamancy.
This cold night will turn us all into fools and madmen.
Nebulious
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Arkenbomb » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:48 am

Nebulious wrote:Natural shockamancy.

you are now awesome
*uses shockamancy* HOT DWAGON ON MARBIT ACTION! (yes this is taken from skitty on wailord)
Arkenbomb

Next

Return to Reactions