Book 2 – Page 84

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Page 84

Postby coyotenose » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:45 am

Salem wrote:I'm bigger than yooooou buuullll ruuuuuusshhh. Or Haaamsstaaard ruuuush.

I'm just... I'm just going to be giggling picturing that all day now.
coyotenose

Postby coyotenose » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 am

Forgive me if this has come up already, but what are the chances that Isaac doesn't know where the scroll came from and reasonably assumed that it was from Charlie, or even that he flat-out lied to encourage Parson to think less in "Pro-Gobwin Knob" terms and more in "Anti-Charlie" terms?

The former seems entirely plausible to me, the latter very unlikely. Isaac doesn't seem the type to fib in that style. But he intentionally deceived Maggie, after all.

Of course, neither possibility precludes Isaac being right :P

On an old note, it was stated long ago that the Magic Kingdom had put a guard on the GK portal because of Parson, right? Does that mean that Jojo wasn't technically lurking? That he was actually being paid to stand there by other casters?
coyotenose

Postby Nnelg » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:18 pm

coyotenose wrote:Forgive me if this has come up already, but what are the chances that Isaac doesn't know where the scroll came from and reasonably assumed that it was from Charlie, or even that he flat-out lied to encourage Parson to think less in "Pro-Gobwin Knob" terms and more in "Anti-Charlie" terms?

I doubt he lied, but a hasty conclusion sounds likely to me.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby 0beron » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:23 pm

Isn't Issac a full Eyemancer? (He has low ranks in Foolamancy and Lookamancy, right?) If so, I think a lie would be totally possible. Do I want to believe it? No. But is it possible given the pairing of Think- and Fool-amancy? Yeah definitely.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Lamech » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:22 pm

0beron wrote:Isn't Issac a full Eyemancer? (He has low ranks in Foolamancy and Lookamancy, right?) If so, I think a lie would be totally possible. Do I want to believe it? No. But is it possible given the pairing of Think- and Fool-amancy? Yeah definitely.

I thought he had master lookamancy and adept foolamancy. Kind of a badass.
Lamech

Postby Housellama » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:17 pm

Nnelg wrote:Very well, you have convinced me, she could have made a better choice.

Wow. Wasn't expecting that. I guess I've been used to talking to some of the more... combative members of the community.

Nnelg wrote:If not for Kingworld, though, in the scheme of things it would not have made much of a difference. And it wasn't "going rouge" from Parson's point of view, either. Even if she was subordinate to him at the time, she had command of the operation. That means that how she gets it done is up to her. She may not have made the best choice, but it isn't "going rouge" until she starts acting directly contrary to her assigned duty.

I could have used a better word. You are right, Parson wasn't CWL at that time, so technically she wasn't disobeying. Bad decision, but unfortunately for everyone (including her and Jillian), hers to make.
"All warfare is based on deception" - Sun Tzu, Chapter 1, Line 18, The Art of War

"The principle of strategy is to know ten thousand things by having one thing." - Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Earth, Go Rin No Sho
Housellama
Tool + YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Kyrt » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:40 am

Kyrt wrote:He is not likely to get past tGMtTA - so he talked rather than force a situation where he would be croaked.

Well, that doesn't apply when he was talking to Jojo, though.

As a matter of act - it does. Jojo was a caster of unknown strength and school, and he was chasing Parson. Parson has no idea of his capabilities, nor his intent. As he couldn't escape - Jojo appears faster and a tunnel makes for an easy shot - confrontation was the only realistic option he had.

The main difference is that with facing just one caster, Parson has a greater chance of winning. Talking adds a delay, but avoids a confrontation which might end with him croaked. And a delay of some degree was inevitable once Jojo started chasing him.

Other options? He can't run, he can't escape, he can't hide. He either has to fight...which might croak him...or talk, which may or may not end with a fight which may croak him.

He has the same options vs Isaac and co, but more casters mean a much lower chance of winning.

If he has any other option available to him here, in either situation, I can't see it. Talk or fight are his only options...and fighting is the worst of those.
Last edited by Kyrt on Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kyrt
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby drachefly » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:06 am

Agreed, mostly. Now he does have the advantage of being close - if he could surprise them and get moving quickly, he could possible bust his way through - but I wouldn't count on it one bit.
drachefly
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Previous

Return to Reactions